www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

My first Stationary engine

+10
Biggusdannus
nutgone
Jake Birrell
blackvanman
steve w
kevjhnsn
biomed32uk
Foden
Carpmanjay
Ianhw77k
14 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

My first Stationary engine - Page 5 Empty Re: My first Stationary engine

Post by Lewis MacRae Fri Nov 01 2013, 21:36

matt86 wrote:Lewis im going to make you go green with my axle bits for the fairbanks Rolling Eyes 

Il take a picture in a minuite in the shed ...

Instead of angle wouldn't it be better with some flat bar ??? If you lived closer i would say come around and i would give you some flat bar .

matt
I suppose but wouldn't it be easier to weld with the angle as the flat bar wouldn't move as much? I'll have a look when you put the pics up

Lewis

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Fri Nov 01 2013, 21:38

Lewis MacRae wrote:
matt86 wrote:Lewis im going to make you go green with my axle bits for the fairbanks Rolling Eyes 

Il take a picture in a minuite in the shed ...

Instead of angle wouldn't it be better with some flat bar ??? If you lived closer i would say come around and i would give you some flat bar .

matt
I suppose but wouldn't it be easier to weld with the angle as the flat bar wouldn't move as much? I'll have a look when you put the pics up

Lewis
i see your point if its a bigger engine but i have done it with up to 3hp engines and put 2 coach bolts through each side through the timber and never had a problem .

matt

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Fri Nov 01 2013, 21:40

Even easier way Lewis is to slot the axel rod down a bit of box section and weld that to the flat bar instead

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lewis MacRae Sun Nov 03 2013, 20:34

I've have done a little bit more today but not a lot as I've been working on the fire this weekend. I've just got some of the last bits ready to prime, main bearing casting and the governor housing. No point putting pics up as not much to see

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5