www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Engine identification required - Enfield 250cc flat twin stationary engine

3 posters

Go down

Engine identification required - Enfield 250cc flat twin stationary engine  Empty Engine identification required - Enfield 250cc flat twin stationary engine

Post by huddm Sun Feb 13 2011, 21:09

Hi all

Can somebody please help, I've got an Enfield 250cc petral flat twin stationary engine, I would be really interested to find out more about it and what is was originally intended to do?

The name plate says this:

ENFIELD CYCLE Co Ltd.
TYPE 250cc TWIN
ENGINE No.1343

Any information will be much appreciated

Cheers

huddm

Back to top Go down

Engine identification required - Enfield 250cc flat twin stationary engine  Empty Re: Engine identification required - Enfield 250cc flat twin stationary engine

Post by Guest Sun Feb 13 2011, 21:57

The enfield engines were used on charging sets for the military, some were used as power generators for Radar post war

Hope that helps

Cheers Steve

Back to top Go down

Engine identification required - Enfield 250cc flat twin stationary engine  Empty Re: Engine identification required - Enfield 250cc flat twin stationary engine

Post by Guest Mon Feb 14 2011, 12:21

they also built diesels, some singles, some flat twins and some "sloper" singles, for the underside of wagon chassis.

Cheers.

Paul

Back to top Go down

Engine identification required - Enfield 250cc flat twin stationary engine  Empty enfield flat twin

Post by kevjhnsn Thu Apr 14 2011, 04:11

i have a milatary charging set with the flat twin enfield mine is dated 1940 on the mod brass plate riveted to the engine cover
if you need HP or any other details of the engine or geny please PM me for more details i have the manual to it somwere arround ??? SAFE ????
mine is still in its reserve stock stat with the preservitive oil in the engine and the electrics ,plugs, inlet and exhurst sealed up with that wax paper stuff .
and its bloody heavy to lift for two people
even though its got to lift up handles at each end of it
anything else i may be able to help you with please message me
hope this helps you ?????????????

thanks kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingdom Sat Mar 09 2024, 23:16

I have a enfield 250 flat twin aswell. Its on the list ???😂 . Ah ill get there. Its missing the windings do. Heard they failed in a lot of them. Is there any way
to set it up whitout ?.

Kingdom
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down