www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

villiers D415 DIESEL number 2

5 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

villiers D415  DIESEL number 2    - Page 3 Empty Re: villiers D415 DIESEL number 2

Post by nutgone Thu Dec 13 2012, 11:33

Oh come on you 2! I thought it was supposed to be us southerners who were soft! Very Happy

Man up! get out there & get dirty!

(Well, go out half an hour before & put the heater on, like me Embarassed )

The name's Matt, but call me Nutts if you like, there's already enough Matt's about.
nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

villiers D415  DIESEL number 2    - Page 3 Empty Re: villiers D415 DIESEL number 2

Post by kevjhnsn Thu Dec 13 2012, 12:42

my little workshop shed is heated all the time to 14oc
any warmer than that ,5mins and im to hot working Embarassed
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone Thu Dec 13 2012, 13:13

kevjhnsn wrote:my little workshop shed is heated all the time to 14oc
kev

I know what you mean, I'm always turning down the Calor gas heater in the shed once I've got working. It's only when I stop I get cold.

Talking of which, I really should be out there working right now!

The name's Matt, but call me Nutts if you like, there's already enough Matt's about.
nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Thu Dec 13 2012, 13:28

nutgone wrote:
kevjhnsn wrote:my little workshop shed is heated all the time to 14oc
kev

I know what you mean, I'm always turning down the Calor gas heater in the shed once I've got working. It's only when I stop I get cold.

Talking of which, I really should be out there working right now!

me to just been trying to work out the fuel systems flow directions ,but with it almost all bored into the block ,gallerys and passages with flow valves hiden all over the bloody thing on the front back and side its like the lottery is this cap for oil or diesel system
i only i had a workshop repair manual "hens bloody teeth" though Sad Sad Sad
and the operators manual and parts list i got for it of pete is completely different to mine, Shocked Shocked just my luck
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Fri Dec 14 2012, 03:55

well its hit the wall again
the reason why the fuel was not getting from the high pressure pump to injector is
there is a shaft that goes from the guvnoir to the pump and it meshes with a metering wheel on the pump " will it used too Sad Sad
id been scratch scratch scratch and stripping recleaning fuel system parts inbetween working on the car in the wind and the warmth of 2 walls and no wind still was -2 oc but felt 10oC warmer Smile
fuel was getting to the pump and holding pressure 5-6 secs after a lift pump stroke so the lift no returns and plumbing was all good even on the return side after the pump scratch well at some point the shaft has been miss alined and wound in with enough pressure to bend the thick cast pump fixture and also sheeer the teeth off an bend the shaft so me lining up with the hole and pushing it in then tighening up the nuts with light fingers and ballance ,so as not to score the pump body was good if someone before hadnt done it like a rhino in a china shop,
and i woundered if it was me but there no signs of the missing metal teeth in there, but there was some in the sump sludge on the strip down
so ive got the guvnoir casing opened and the cirlclips ,springs dowls and spring cups in a safe pot and got the shaft to move slightly but not out wards or backwards so i will be trying to charm it out of its hole ,with as little damage to bored hole in the alloy block casting affraid pale affraid pale affraid
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 14 2012, 11:26

Kev that doesn't sound good mate, I hope you can sort it ok without to much expense and that's if you can still find the parts. Maybe try some old school fuel injection places they might have an old scrap bin where they have old used spares.
I heat my shed with a small paraffin heater, the ones that just keep the frost at bay, well I found if you leave it for a few days you then find it's warm enough to work in if you keep the door closed. It's only a few degrees above freezing but still warm enough to work happliy for an hour or two. Very Happy

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Fri Dec 14 2012, 17:10

i used to have on of them at the house i had for the brick out buildings
fumes a bit strong for me though mate
i first a this place have a sma milk tin with a draft hole in the front and a second sma tin upside down with 1mm coiled up tin at the top
and a choke flap for exhurst flow control worked well for 2 yrs then charcoal was imposable to find that winter local so got a termastat electric heater
worked out a the time £1.00 a week cheaper than charcoal and best coal so as to get a smoke free burn as shed boxed in by 32 flats so smoke ,and fumes to a minimum , tryed peat blocks in small peices once but the smoke was heavy and the smell was like burning cowpoo Very Happy Very Happy
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Sat Dec 15 2012, 02:21

heres a piss taking email as always for me
just recieevd it from hi 20 mins ago ,and even was talking to him on my mobile for 00:42:43mins at 9.27am sat all listed from phones memory
in just one of the 4 calls back and 2 on both sides on sat
also arranged by him ,he was dropping it me off on this coming saturday as he was coming up to philip gallimoores 3 miles from me at most

also know he got the other emails i sent him on friday and again saturday before this one ,as he mentions the parts list i sent him
with a note on the top about the d270

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, sorry! when we didn't hear from you on Saturday, I sold the d270 on the sunday, I still have the new spares, but I don't think I'll get chance to look through them until after Christmas.

----- Reply message -----
To: "m_allarton@hotmail.com" <m_allarton@hotmail.com>
Subject: Address
Date: Thu, Dec 13, 2012 23:19

To: kevjohnson355@yahoo.com
Sent: Saturday, December 8, 2012 9:10 AM
Subject: Address

Reply address
hi there marcus
whats the sp about d270 and other parts mate
kev 07786 456870

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone Sat Dec 15 2012, 10:16

Are you sure he's not getting you mixed up with someone else???

I have heard about the bloke, & what I've heard isn't exactly favourable, but I never like to take one person's word for things.

Hope you get it all sorted.

nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 15 2012, 13:10

Well that's screwed up that idea Kev, so are you totally stuck now?

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Sat Dec 15 2012, 18:44

stationary stu wrote:Well that's screwed up that idea Kev, so are you totally stuck now?

Stu.
im going to have to make one block a doner now
as i had all the other engine block head bore all deglazed ready for a donner or vis versa
but now i have strip one back down to make one from 2 again instead 2 from 3 Sad Sad Sad Shocked Shocked Sad Sad
he says in todays email that he will look after me with the prices on the NEW PARTS he has in stock
that would be good but what was the prices before Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

hes convinced we never spoke on saturday morning afternoon or evening for over a hr that day
but my wife and my phone memory all say different and the fact i have an invoice for car parts just mins befor i called him back again as he called me will i was at the counter Rolling Eyes
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 16 2012, 10:17

All sounds a bit strange to me Kev, lets hope he remembers you when you order the parts. Ok yes I'm old so can you refresh my memory what's happening with the 2 engines you've got, can they both be repaired or you can get 1 runner from the 2 engines you have now or you need parts to fix engine number 2, give us a clue Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Sun Dec 16 2012, 17:33

stationary stu wrote:All sounds a bit strange to me Kev, lets hope he remembers you when you order the parts. Ok yes I'm old so can you refresh my memory what's happening with the 2 engines you've got, can they both be repaired or you can get 1 runner from the 2 engines you have now or you need parts to fix engine number 2, give us a clue Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stu.
engine number too SHOULD just need that shaft if pressure pump and injector work correctly
engine one still needs rings shells ect so will have to be a donner engine for now
but can convert the engine 2 415 to a 270 with all the the bottom end of number 2 and top end of number one
plus swap pumps from one to the other
so yes number one will have to be a breaker at this time
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Mon Dec 17 2012, 03:31

babys got me up again Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
and couldnt get back off Sleep Sleep
so popped out for a fag and tryed to get that shaft out and shore enough it did with a fight a few nails later, molegrips behind the nail and 2 18" crowbars later it was out and well heres the pics
villiers D415  DIESEL number 2    - Page 3 P1712110
and the back end of the shaft is all scored and burd up scratch scratch must of been hammered in like it as its only in alloy and no bolts studs or well anything to do it enclosed in the alloy block
villiers D415  DIESEL number 2    - Page 3 P1712111
theres the missing teeth Sad Sad just hope the other block shaft is not like this one and is all the same too
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Wed Dec 19 2012, 01:48

whent to collect the d270 bottom end from parents this afternoon got 1/2 way there and the fog was rediculase worse than on buxton moores
so desided sod it and came back home Sad Sad Sad
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone Wed Dec 19 2012, 10:25

kevjhnsn wrote:whent to collect the d270 bottom end from parents this afternoon got 1/2 way there and the fog was rediculase worse than on buxton moores
so desided sod it and came back home Sad Sad Sad
kev

I'm dying to say "Wimp!" or something like that, but I managed to put my car in a ditch the other night when the visibility was clear, so I'm hardly one to talk.

At least you know it's there Kev & it's not going anywhere. Sounds like you did the right thing.

nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 19 2012, 11:51

You made a wise choice Kev there's to many bad drivers on the road to risk yourself just to collect your engine parts. I was out a few days ago and people were driving round with just side lights on and driving at 20mph total bloody idiots just looking for an accident to happen and when it does there the ones to walk away unhurt while other suffer through his poor driving. opppsss sorry rant over Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone Wed Dec 19 2012, 12:47

stationary stu wrote:You made a wise choice Kev there's to many bad drivers on the road to risk yourself just to collect your engine parts. I was out a few days ago and people were driving round with just side lights on and driving at 20mph total bloody idiots just looking for an accident to happen and when it does there the ones to walk away unhurt while other suffer through his poor driving. opppsss sorry rant over Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stu.

I blame a lot of that on these modern automatic headlights. It's about time headlights were running all the time on cars, as so many people either forget or just don't bother to put them on when it's raining, dull, foggy, or you've got bright sun behind you (all times when you should have your lights on). Trouble is people think lights are just for their benefit, when they're not. They're there to help you be seen, as well as to help you see. I usually put mine on whenever I'm driving, especially in winter.

Sorry Stu, & kev. I'll stop ranting now too.

nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Thu Dec 20 2012, 01:09

nutgone wrote:
stationary stu wrote:You made a wise choice Kev there's to many bad drivers on the road to risk yourself just to collect your engine parts. I was out a few days ago and people were driving round with just side lights on and driving at 20mph total bloody idiots just looking for an accident to happen and when it does there the ones to walk away unhurt while other suffer through his poor driving. opppsss sorry rant over Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stu.

I blame a lot of that on these modern automatic headlights. It's about time headlights were running all the time on cars, as so many people either forget or just don't bother to put them on when it's raining, dull, foggy, or you've got bright sun behind you (all times when you should have your lights on). Trouble is people think lights are just for their benefit, when they're not. They're there to help you be seen, as well as to help you see. I usually put mine on whenever I'm driving, especially in winter.

Sorry Stu, & kev. I'll stop ranting now too.

its soon true though
i used to drive the big ivecos,sprinters and VW crafters with the lights on all day ,as people always think its only a little van Mad
6ft 6" wide and all over the 15ft-18ft long mark and they dont stop as fast as a car ,and the front end starts to go in a space but the back end swings out as fast ,once had a woman drive in the back of the van once, when the police arrived she said i rolled back onto her car, but as the police man spotted ,my wheels were the other side of a speed bump and the road rans down wards from the back of the van , so any rolling was her into the back of me Rolling Eyes Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Tue Jan 22 2013, 20:42

well ive got the other engines block back from parents Very Happy
and got the high pressure fuel control rod out ,not got the best looking finish compared to the other but still it has all its teeth were we need them Very Happy
villiers D415  DIESEL number 2    - Page 3 P2001110
so its know in the engine and all back together after testing it for fuel pumping and injector spray is good Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
and now it is clamped to a trolley again and just waiting for the nearve to swing it to breath fire again
and the weather will be a good test to as there suposed to be a pig to start on a good warm summers day Sad Sad Sad
im cacking my pants to be honest as the compression is bloody good and hard to swing over without the diesel firing in so
will have to grow a pair and try it out
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone Tue Jan 22 2013, 23:52

Yeah, c'mon! Man up & grow a pair Kev! Laughing

(TBH I really don't envy you. Give me a rope start any day, I don't like handles on a 2 stroke, never mind a blumin diesel! Embarassed )

nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23 2013, 12:09

Must be old age setting in Kev, first time I've heard you not want to try to start something as soon as it been ready to fire up.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Thu Jan 24 2013, 00:44

No No affraid affraid affraid affraid Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
im scared that if it starts the fuel system wont let me slow it or stop it again ,as the guvernoirs may have been messed with as like every thing else on it took apart and slapped back together loose or just stuffed in the sump and boxes ect Sad
so im going to have to go for it, just wanting warmer weather Rolling Eyes
parts for the amanco arrived this morning so will have a play again with that in a warm shed soon as
i have some villiers parts to finish doing and get posted to a forum member also
so will post again when any more progress
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Thu Jan 24 2013, 09:21

kev if when you do fire it up have a spanner to hand for the injector and if goes up quickly un screw it , the likley hood of being able to choke a diesel is not verry good if takes off , and the fuel stut of might not work ...

Just a idea there mate .

make sure its cracked off before starting and just nipped up so easy to undo .

Matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone Thu Jan 24 2013, 10:41

I saw a big diesel take off once, after someone had been playing with the governor. Everyone ran away, someone went back & pulled the fuel line, but that was no good as it had started running off it's own sump oil by then, so a brave soul stepped in & put his hand over the air intake & stopped it before it blew itself apart externally (by that time the engine was internally ruined), but it was the hand over the air intake that stopped it.

That was a massive 6 cylinder job though, I'm sure nothing like that'll happen here. I like Matt's idea of disconnecting the injector if it takes off. I will bear it in mind in the future, I'm bound to get a diesel some day.

nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next