www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

A Wolseley at last!!!!

+5
blackvanman
Matth92
Foden
Ianhw77k
kevjhnsn
9 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

A Wolseley at last!!!! - Page 9 Empty Re: A Wolseley at last!!!!

Post by blackvanman Wed Jan 09 2013, 19:02

nutgone wrote:Oh! Neutral

I really liked the red tank straps! Very Happy

So Andy, what's your plans with this one then? Anything lined up to run off it? Will you be showing it this season?

Do you want a slap!!!! lol!

Probably a pump for now, but have something else up my sleeve for later.

Yep its going to have a good airing at several rallies this year, along with the Petter/drill and Little mans Suffolk setup Smile

They say if you can pee you can paint, my mother always said my aim in that department was crap.
blackvanman
blackvanman
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone Wed Jan 09 2013, 22:53

I forgot all about Little Man's Suffolk. Glad to hear that'll be making it out this year.

I've just managed to get myself a generator, it looks quite big, but only gives out about 150 watts (think it must have been from an old traffic light set or something as it's continuously rated & was bolted directly to a Villiers).

Trouble is, as it was direct coupled I'm left with a female taper & no bearing on the drive end. I may well start a small thread on it, but that's going to be my new "thing" to run off one of the engines. My plan it so skid mount it & hopefully make it so it can run off of any of the engines & generate some power.

It's 240v AC 50Hz & it didn't cost me anything. It's going to cost me a fair bit to make it useful though, nothing's ever really for free.

So, what's up your sleeve then Andy?

The name's Matt, but call me Nutts if you like, there's already enough Matt's about.
nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by blackvanman Wed Jan 09 2013, 23:46

nutgone wrote:
So, what's up your sleeve then Andy?
That's a secret Very Happy

why don't you get it going and build a sequencer an Ic and some relays would do it edit, here.

They say if you can pee you can paint, my mother always said my aim in that department was crap.
blackvanman
blackvanman
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 10 2013, 11:22

Only thing up Andy's sleeve is his arm Laughing Laughing Laughing

And the link doesn't work. Crying or Very sad

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone Thu Jan 10 2013, 11:29

stationary stu wrote:
And the link doesn't work. Crying or Very sad

Stu.

Wasn't just me then.

The name's Matt, but call me Nutts if you like, there's already enough Matt's about.
nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 10 2013, 11:41

No it's the link aswell that doesn't work lol! lol! lol!

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by blackvanman Thu Jan 10 2013, 12:03

stationary stu wrote:No it's the link aswell that doesn't work lol! lol! lol!

Stu.

try this Smile

blackvanman
blackvanman
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone Thu Jan 10 2013, 12:15

Think I've got most, if not all, of the bits to build that.

nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by blackvanman Thu Jan 10 2013, 12:31

nutgone wrote:Think I've got most, if not all, of the bits to build that.
there you go, mod it for relay outputs and your laughing Smile

one thing I have up my sleeve other than my arm stu, is as my engines are dated around the 50s/60s, I am looking for a transistor radio of that era, I will then build a longwave transmitter to plug an mp3 player into and stream old pirate radio recordings into it Smile Just a thought.

blackvanman
blackvanman
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11 2013, 12:46

blackvanman wrote:
nutgone wrote:Think I've got most, if not all, of the bits to build that.
there you go, mod it for relay outputs and your laughing Smile

one thing I have up my sleeve other than my arm stu, is as my engines are dated around the 50s/60s, I am looking for a transistor radio of that era, I will then build a longwave transmitter to plug an mp3 player into and stream old pirate radio recordings into it Smile Just a thought.

Sounds complicated to me, Neutral Laughing Laughing should make a nice display item when finished.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Foden Fri Jan 11 2013, 19:24

That will be like the guy who rallies a replica house parlour from the WW2 era and has radios etc from that time playing the music of that period. Usually attracts a few onlookers. Smile

Pete.

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Fri Jan 11 2013, 21:21

Foden wrote:That will be like the guy who rallies a replica house parlour from the WW2 era and has radios etc from that time playing the music of that period. Usually attracts a few onlookers. Smile

Pete.

If your sat near that at great dorset all week it soon gets on your nerves Laughing Laughing

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 12 2013, 12:20

Matt I think a lot of things would get on my nerves if I sat next to them long enough Laughing Laughing Laughing It could be worse you could have Nuts sat next to you lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! just joking Nuts, I'm sure sat next to you I'd learn a lot.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone Sat Jan 12 2013, 12:43

stationary stu wrote:Matt I think a lot of things would get on my nerves if I sat next to them long enough Laughing Laughing Laughing It could be worse you could have Nuts sat next to you lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! just joking Nuts, I'm sure sat next to you I'd learn a lot.

Stu.

I tend to fall asleep behind the engines anyway. Neighbours at rallies down this way don't seem so chatty as they used to be.

I've never done GDSF, & I don't have any plans to either. I prefer the smaller local shows. I might go along as a punter one day though, see what all the fuss is about. I'd like to say I've seen it at least. (You hear all sorts of stories, some good some bad, I find it's best to go along yourself & make up your own mind).

nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 12 2013, 13:30

I was planning on going to the GDSF but when I've seen the videos and all the walking that you have to do I might just go as a punter and take my electric scooter with me.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by blackvanman Sat Jan 12 2013, 15:02

stationary stu wrote:I was planning on going to the GDSF but when I've seen the videos and all the walking that you have to do I might just go as a punter and take my electric scooter with me.

Stu.
I will never do GDSF, my reasons are that it is run and profited from by a ltd company of which the md's make over a million each, and for your trouble exhibiting (and helping to provide attractions to line their pockets) you are expected to be running 6 hrs a day every day at your own cost.

I will only do events which any profit goes to charity or its just a get together, for which I am happy to fork out on my fuel and running costs. Smile

blackvanman
blackvanman
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13 2013, 12:35

Andy's hit a sore point here LOL There's plenty of pro's and cons about any rally but I have to say at the GDSF (or any large event) at least they don't charge you to exhibit (like some are doing) also there's entertainment and free camping, Also we all know how bad last years weather was so what happens if it's a wash out and is cancelled someone still has to pay for everything from fields to toilets and marques and they won't be cheap. Up in this area we get a few museums and stately homes that hold rallies but the charge to enter by the public is very expensive and they don't pay for attractions on a night or extra toilets nothing at all for the exhibitor.

Think this will run and run, thing is it's your post Andy and I know it's been off topic a bit, do you want to continue here or start a new thread.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by blackvanman Sun Jan 13 2013, 16:27

stationary stu wrote:Andy's hit a sore point here LOL There's plenty of pro's and cons about any rally but I have to say at the GDSF (or any large event) at least they don't charge you to exhibit (like some are doing) also there's entertainment and free camping, Also we all know how bad last years weather was so what happens if it's a wash out and is cancelled someone still has to pay for everything from fields to toilets and marques and they won't be cheap. Up in this area we get a few museums and stately homes that hold rallies but the charge to enter by the public is very expensive and they don't pay for attractions on a night or extra toilets nothing at all for the exhibitor.

Think this will run and run, thing is it's your post Andy and I know it's been off topic a bit, do you want to continue here or start a new thread.

Stu.
not fussed stu, it wasn't meant to be for an argument, just my personal reasons for not supporting gdsf, re other rallies charging exhibitors, don't agree with that either however I don't begrudge Purbeck the £3 towards toilets for 4 days, they were left with empty coffers by previous committee to run 2012 & most of the outlay to put it on came out of com members pockets, yet they still managed to give £6000 to local charities, a good job well done Smile

blackvanman
blackvanman
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14 2013, 13:17

Your a bit like me in that respect, I don't mind paying if it's for a good cause but I do know of 1 rally that will be charging a £5 fee to exhibitors and this is a type of company that made about £31,000 the last show they ran now that's just greed. At least you don't have to pay to show at GDSF, up North there's companies that run rallies just for profit and a few years ago things went a bit wrong with the exits being blocked and the police being called because people hadn't been paid and the main man disappeared. One investor lost over £100k so that's the type of rally I keep clear of both as exhibitor and spectator.
The club I'm a member of run 3 rallies a year and every penny they make only just pays for the outlay of the rally, even sometimes they have to dip into the club funds to bail it out, so the members have to subsidise the rally by sell raffle tickets, bingo etc at our monthly club meetings. And nothing goes to paying wages etc like the company run rallies, don't know about paying wages etc at the GDSF but the organisers/helpers put in a lot of hours to get it all sorted ready for the public and then at the end all the clearing up so it must take about 3 weeks to get the rally up and running as it is claimed to be the biggest in Europe.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9