www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol paraffin under the spanners

+13
Smitty
Abes
A Lister
blackvanman
ells engines
steve w
billypurves
nutgone
Ianhw77k
JONESEY
ian webb
DanBoy
matt86
17 posters

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol paraffin  under the spanners - Page 6 Empty Re: amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol paraffin under the spanners

Post by A Lister Mon Feb 04 2013, 19:46

Let me know when its finished Kev and I'll bring a bottle of beer round to launch it! lol! Well, we might just drink the beer instead while we admire the engine! Very Happy

A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol paraffin  under the spanners - Page 6 Empty Re: amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol paraffin under the spanners

Post by kevjhnsn Mon Feb 04 2013, 20:44

A Lister wrote:Let me know when its finished Kev and I'll bring a bottle of beer round to launch it! lol! Well, we might just drink the beer instead while we admire the engine! Very Happy

better down the throat than the floor mate Very Happy Very Happy
sounds a good idea
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 06 2013, 12:13

Kev's just got to get it finished first, I feel sorry for your kids Kev, you told us it would be finished last year and we're still waiting, do you tell the kids the same. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Can you tell I'm inpataient now Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Wed Feb 06 2013, 16:47

well stu
the low tension coil has arrived now
so just the front trip and guvernoir shaft guide casting to get repaired or a casting to replace it in the mean time
then were almost cooking on parrafin Very Happy Very Happy
so just untaangle your knickers about for a while and wait for further updates to progress Very Happy Very Happy Embarassed Embarassed Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
wising it was fiished myself now to be honest but time will tell
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07 2013, 12:39

Kev, there's nothing worse then doing a job and it drags on longer then you expect, I loss all enthusiasm and need a kick in the pants to put me back into gear. Laughing Laughing Laughing I'm not having a go at you just keeping you on track Very Happy Very Happy I'm really looking forward to it being all finished and up n running but you have to do it right which is what your doing now or your just wasting your time.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Thu Feb 07 2013, 19:38

stationary stu wrote:Kev, there's nothing worse then doing a job and it drags on longer then you expect, I loss all enthusiasm and need a kick in the pants to put me back into gear. Laughing Laughing Laughing I'm not having a go at you just keeping you on track Very Happy Very Happy I'm really looking forward to it being all finished and up n running but you have to do it right which is what your doing now or your just wasting your time.

Stu.

stu
i wasnt bothered any ways mate , even if you were having a go , its my project ,so as long as she gets done the way i want it to,
then i will be happy, and yes im starting to get into the stop moad, as just the casting and a bit of pipe is stopping the engine being finished
but im pottering on with the trolley "slowly trying to do a good job , just need dry weather to work on it as dont want the wood to get wet until varnished up as its all sanded ready for the varnish when the frames axles and engine bolt holes are all there ready for the rebuild after varnish is on
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew1971 Thu Feb 07 2013, 19:45

Good thing's come to those that wait.

Andrew1971
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Thu Feb 07 2013, 20:07

Andrew1971 wrote:Good thing's come to those that wait.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Thu Feb 07 2013, 20:48

Kev it be all worth it in the end mate, I'm going through a few problems at the moment with the Fairbanks as said other night. but il get it sorted, really could do with making a start on the trolley, would be at a better height.

Matt

P.S. I sent u that paypal transfer
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Thu Feb 07 2013, 22:59

matt86 wrote:Kev it be all worth it in the end mate, I'm going through a few problems at the moment with the Fairbanks as said other night. but il get it sorted, really could do with making a start on the trolley, would be at a better height.

Matt

P.S. I sent u that paypal transfer

found it earlier mate
will get the parts in the post asap for you matt mate
i have other items for other people on here to get posted also do them all at the same time
thanks kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08 2013, 12:28

Kev I know you'll do a first class job and the weather plays a big part in things you can do at this time of year.
I'll sit in the corner and shut up till you get it running. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Laughing

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Fri Feb 08 2013, 20:11

stationary stu wrote:Kev I know you'll do a first class job and the weather plays a big part in things you can do at this time of year.
I'll sit in the corner and shut up till you get it running. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Laughing

Stu.
stu
i doubt that from you mr bailey i doubt that very much indead
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 09 2013, 12:08

kevjhnsn wrote:
stationary stu wrote:Kev I know you'll do a first class job and the weather plays a big part in things you can do at this time of year.

Stu.
stu
i doubt that from you mr bailey i doubt that very much indead
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
kev

Yeah but it sounds good Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing and no one likes a smart ass Mr J. lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! Your worse then her indoors. affraid

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Fri Feb 15 2013, 02:09

well mr bailey wait till i talk to donna in the future then Very Happy Very Happy

well the trolley has made some but slow progress ,been of ill today so got a bit more thrown together and had its third and final coat of varnish
ordered some metal for the axles few days back ,so tomorrow night its put the engines sat on the old amanco trolley into a shed "some were,some how" scratch scratch
well this was the trolley on wednesday night with its first 25% thinned down coat of varnished
amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol paraffin  under the spanners - Page 6 P1402110
will take a pic again friday or sat night when the paint has dryed on properly
and hopefully with the axles under construction
geting closer to the bolting on of the old girl on her new bed Very Happy Very Happy
then work out battery box and wires fuel tank and pipes
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by steve w Fri Feb 15 2013, 08:11

the frame is looking good kev, i have been looking at some timber myself for a frame for my lister and the F & J, - those axle braces will of added loads of strength - did you screw them under?

are you having a steering front?

Last edited by steve w on Fri Feb 15 2013, 17:25; edited 1 time in total
steve w
steve w
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Fri Feb 15 2013, 12:07

hi steve
it was the plan but will have to stay fixed axle for now, then maybe later on have some steering axles under there
but having to save up for the next projects fund
but the old trolley was light to lift at the tank end ,so wont be to hard to move around
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 15 2013, 12:53

I find it easier to have fixed axles sometimes, as long as the engine has a light weight end it works out ok. The problem I have with a steered axle is when I'm winching I can't do 2 jobs at the same time. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by steve w Fri Feb 15 2013, 17:25

if you mount the wheels on another section of timber you could use some all thread and a tube with washers to create a steering pin with the rear spaced the same on a fixed spacer. you could have some sort of pin to fix the front permenant if winching.
steve w
steve w
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Fri Feb 15 2013, 19:38

steve w wrote:if you mount the wheels on another section of timber you could use some all thread and a tube with washers to create a steering pin with the rear spaced the same on a fixed spacer. you could have some sort of pin to fix the front permenant if winching.
thats on the lines of my idea but i have a big round .flush fitting steel and rubber engine mount ,to take up the spike load when it fires out of the pivot point ,but the hole cutter i need is £28 so will have to wait for the money tree to get some better follage on Very Happy Very Happy
as will also need another £18 of wood for the second axles Crying or Very sad
so will be a low rider until i get into a better place for the wonga ££££
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lister Fri Feb 15 2013, 23:52

Looks like the project is coming along nicely, don't forget to give me a shout if you need a lift with the engine. Keep up the good work, the rate it's going I think I'd better get that bottle of beer ready! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Sat Feb 16 2013, 03:04

A Lister wrote:Looks like the project is coming along nicely, don't forget to give me a shout if you need a lift with the engine. Keep up the good work, the rate it's going I think I'd better get that bottle of beer ready! Smile

jules
metal arrived today when i got home
so unloaded and striped down the old trolley
did some cutting and carving and a bit of drilling so the main axle beams are done just need to cut the fixing plates down to suit timbers width and drill
then get bolted on Very Happy
hoping to finish and bolt the axles on by monday night but thinking i need to space the axle timber beam a second tear higher looking like wheels to close to flywheels for my liking
dont want to lift engine on and back off again 5 mins later "on and stay on is my plan pale pale pale pale
pm me some form of contact other than the forum mate please
kev

Last edited by kevjhnsn on Sat Feb 16 2013, 03:10; edited 1 time in total

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Sat Feb 16 2013, 03:05

kevjhnsn wrote:
A Lister wrote:Looks like the project is coming along nicely, don't forget to give me a shout if you need a lift with the engine. Keep up the good work, the rate it's going I think I'd better get that bottle of beer ready! Smile

jules
hoping to finish and bolt the axles on by monday night but thinking i need to space the axle timber beam a second tear higher looking like wheels to close to flywheels for my liking
dont want to lift engine on and back off again 5 mins later "on and stay on is my plan pale pale pale pale
pm me some form of contact other than the forum mate please
kev

jules pm sent back to you mate Very Happy

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lister Sat Feb 16 2013, 23:04

Best of luck getting it sorted, PM sent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17 2013, 12:02

I'm here watching and saying nothing. Very Happy lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Sun Feb 17 2013, 14:22

stationary stu wrote:I'm here watching and saying nothing. Very Happy lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Stu.

oh dear stu donna got your tonque again mate lol! lol! lol!
come on stuey i know you want to say somthing mate
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next