www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol paraffin under the spanners

+13
Smitty
Abes
A Lister
blackvanman
ells engines
steve w
billypurves
nutgone
Ianhw77k
JONESEY
ian webb
DanBoy
matt86
17 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol paraffin  under the spanners - Page 2 Empty Re: amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol paraffin under the spanners

Post by matt86 Sat Sep 15 2012, 07:34

kev coming along nicley she is Smile you should be able to get the arm/bracket from hit and miss enterprises ....Remember look up associated not "amanco"

Laughing Laughing

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol paraffin  under the spanners - Page 2 Empty Re: amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol paraffin under the spanners

Post by Guest Sat Sep 15 2012, 11:12

Looking forward to seeing it finished, don't think it's that far off now. Another cracking job you've done Kev, well done.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Mon Sep 17 2012, 04:19

matt86 wrote:kev coming along nicley she is Smile you should be able to get the arm/bracket from hit and miss enterprises ....Remember look up associated not "amanco"

Laughing Laughing

matt
cheers mate
and yes the word play on the other side the pond ive to grips with now ,amanco /associated /united etc ect
and the customs charges Sad Shocked but Very Happy with the services over there and down south.
slow work getting the finish and depth to this paint its now taking over a week per coat to dry enough to flaten off before recoating
heres a couple of pics up to nowamanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol paraffin  under the spanners - Page 2 000_0122

amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol paraffin  under the spanners - Page 2 000_0123
there not runs in the paint its casting inperfections by the way Very Happy
amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol paraffin  under the spanners - Page 2 000_0124

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 17 2012, 12:35

Don't worry about runs it just means you've used plenty of paint lol! lol! lol!

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Fri Sep 28 2012, 00:19

well had a dry warm day atlast since last painting sesion
so ive got the primmer and the first of the topcoats on the flywheels and crankshaaft
got the valves and springs back on the head and stripped and sanded 96% of all the small bits and pieces ready for the sun to appear or just do in the shed slowly piece by piece lol
so its still under the go go go but on slow slow slow Embarassed Very Happy Embarassed
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 28 2012, 11:28

It must be nce to see the sun, all we've had is rain and it's bloody cold. Just keep plodding on Kev you'll get there and no use hurrying and messing it up as it will just give you twice as much work to correct things.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by ian webb Fri Sep 28 2012, 12:49

Hi Kev, well done its looking very nice mate, hope you get to rally it before the season is over, be careful with the amount of paint your putting on, as each layer dries it stops the layer undereath from really going hard and you will find when you run the engine and it gets hot the layers underneath will try to harden and move/shrink and will cause your top coat to go all wrinkly and craze, i know ive done it lol and it peed me right off, but hope all goes well for you,
Ian

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Mon Oct 15 2012, 02:32

ian webb wrote:Hi Kev, well done its looking very nice mate, hope you get to rally it before the season is over, be careful with the amount of paint your putting on, as each layer dries it stops the layer undereath from really going hard and you will find when you run the engine and it gets hot the layers underneath will try to harden and move/shrink and will cause your top coat to go all wrinkly and craze, i know ive done it lol and it peed me right off, but hope all goes well for you,
Ian

ian i am hoping ive left the paint long enough between coats , left is days betwen them all and the last items have been over 3 weeks between them,just given the crankshaft and flywheels there second topcoat , been around 4 weeks since last coat on them as due to wet and windy conditions with the lowest temp on them been 14 deg c , so fingers crossed and "touching wood"
lol wife says engines turn me on lol Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 15 2012, 11:27

You can't have much more to do to finish it off now have you Kev?

And we don't want to know about your person life but dragging an engine into the bedroom to put you in the mood is a bit much for any wife to put up with. lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Tue Oct 16 2012, 00:53

i have a few bits and pieces left to paint and clean up but not much now
and a nice man that is going to give the ignitor a check over /service for me Very Happy
i will be doing this in slow motion for me as other projects to get sorted to pay for the trolley to mount it on
ive got my eye on a jap twin 5-6 is that a 55-66 model ???
its a petrol parrafin one though of a massey harris baler
but it maybe a fair old lump to rally so maybe a 1000 engine rally only one
if i get it for the price i offered Wink
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JONESEY Tue Oct 16 2012, 07:09

By the sound of it Stu , Kev s wife's going to be a happy girly for a while with all these engines turning him on Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Now lets get back on track all this smutty talk.
Kev I think you will have to get a big trailer and mount them all on ,you made a good job of the last one.
Keeps them all in one place . Question Question Question Question Smile
Jonesey
JONESEY
JONESEY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 16 2012, 11:13

Kev I have a Jap 5 and it's not to heavy it can be lifted, about the same weight as a Petter A1. Nice engine so when your sorted some piccys would be nice. Very Happy
Have you still time to get a rally in this year with the Amanco?

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Tue Oct 16 2012, 16:25

stationary stu wrote:Kev I have a Jap 5 and it's not to heavy it can be lifted, about the same weight as a Petter A1. Nice engine so when your sorted some piccys would be nice. Very Happy
Have you still time to get a rally in this year with the Amanco?

Stu.

no stu all is lost this year down my way for rallys Sad Sad
ive had a 5 in my shed for a while now and its on the old amanco trolley as we speeck,
with a nice 2yrs old recon wico series a wolseley style mag on it just made the new h/t lead for it and cleaned out the fuel system inside and out
so will be trying to get to run after me cuppa tea "warm up my atheritic bones
and see what happens
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 17 2012, 11:11

Head up this way rally this weekend and one next, I think they don't like Summer rallies up here. Rolling Eyes

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Wed Oct 17 2012, 22:01

stationary stu wrote:Head up this way rally this weekend and one next, I think they don't like Summer rallies up here. Rolling Eyes

Stu.
stu
i will be trying to get your way as soon as i can, so i can see whats hiding in those sheds of yours and meet you and donner
as i like the drive up, to the other newcastle not the one down the road from me lol
used to drive up to tyne&wear on the east side for work
but the last time i did it came up from the lakes side barnard castle and over the moors loved it when i could see the road lol lol and that was in the summer lol
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Wed Oct 17 2012, 22:08

JONESEY wrote:By the sound of it Stu , Kev s wife's going to be a happy girly for a while with all these engines turning him on Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Now lets get back on track all this smutty talk.
Kev I think you will have to get a big trailer and mount them all on ,you made a good job of the last one.
Keeps them all in one place . Question Question Question Question Smile
Jonesey

yes mate but not were i live or they will hook up and take the lot b*str*ds
were still looking to get out of this place for a place, where me and wife arnt sleeping in the living room floor on a matress ,
like squatters couse are kids are in the only other room in the place
i always try and make a back to factory finish inside and out
no good looking nice and being a load of rattles on the inside
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 18 2012, 11:18

kevjhnsn wrote: stu i will be trying to get your way as soon as i can, so i can see whats hiding in those sheds of yours and meet you and donner
as i like the drive up, to the other newcastle not the one down the road from me lol
used to drive up to tyne&wear on the east side for work
but the last time i did it came up from the lakes side barnard castle and over the moors loved it when i could see the road lol lol and that was in the summer lol
kev

affraid affraid affraid oh sorry Kev I'm out that day lol! lol! lol! lol! yes it's a nice drive over the moors in the summer not so good in the winter, motorways are easier.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Sat Dec 15 2012, 04:50

well ive started to assemble so parts of the amanco back together again
even the thin paint is still not hardened off proper yet, paint on surfaces that needed to be removed for assembaly was sticking to the tool used to remove it ,and even got paint little specs on my hands like roller spashes with house hold Shocked Shocked
so im thinking that its all going to be a problem when in use Neutral Neutral
and the paint chips off like id not preped sanded betwen coats Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
well the flywheels and crank are back in bearings, and just put the flywheel guvernoir brackets and weights back on loose until i deside spring washers or no washers as the stainless ones that came on it were massive and ugerly to
amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol paraffin  under the spanners - Page 2 P1512110
amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol paraffin  under the spanners - Page 2 P1512111
amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol paraffin  under the spanners - Page 2 P1512112
amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol paraffin  under the spanners - Page 2 P1512113
amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol paraffin  under the spanners - Page 2 P1512114
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Sat Dec 15 2012, 08:33

nice bit of paint there Kev , you seem to have painted everything lol ... only in my opinion the moving parts shouldnt be painted as the movmen t will rub the paint off anyway , but each to there own .

How long has the paint been left to dry mate , i painted the main block of my fowler in the house and left a month to go hard . seems fine to me . Should be making a start later today and tomorow getting some of it put back together .

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 15 2012, 12:37

It's not fun painting in this weather, things get damp the paint seems like it's never going to go hard the only thing is get it somewhere warm for a few days. I've even tried heaters, hot air guns, hair dryers you name it I've tried it and no matter what you try it just doesn't want to dry.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Sat Dec 15 2012, 12:47

exactly right stu , that why i do mine inside this time of year .... i have a fuel tank sat in the kitchen that i will give a coat of paint later today .

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 15 2012, 13:05

Matt we are the lucky ones where our wives/partners/girlfriends/slaves don't mind us using the inside of our homes as temporary workshops. Thing is a few years back I said it will be fine I'll clean up any mess, well I shouldn't have used a sander indoors I was on weeks dusting and cleaning as the dust went everywhere so yes it was warm but gave me a load of extra work. Crying or Very sad Laughing Laughing Laughing Maybe a good tip don't use sanders indoors. lol! lol! lol!

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Sat Dec 15 2012, 17:47

i just cant help laughing at that one stu .... Laughing Laughing Laughing

i have started to insulate the shed today and just done 1 long wall and seems warmer allready , now need to go get some ply this week and cover it .

Cant wait till im nice and toasty in there Very Happy

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Sat Dec 15 2012, 18:31

matt86 wrote:nice bit of paint there Kev , you seem to have painted everything lol ... only in my opinion the moving parts shouldnt be painted as the movmen t will rub the paint off anyway , but each to there own .

How long has the paint been left to dry mate , i painted the main block of my fowler in the house and left a month to go hard . seems fine to me . Should be making a start later today and tomorow getting some of it put back together .

matt
the paint on these parts has been on since before onslow park rally august think it was as it was done before the rally with taking to this one or malpas start of september is i had any building problems Rolling Eyes Very Happy Very Happy
it was all kept in my trailer shed with a heater set at 22oC for a month after painting scratch scratch its not even been slapped on ive done it with my usual technic that usually dryed in a 3-5 days scratch scratch
the paint is not quite every Very Happy were the is paper in the holes and masked the bearings and so on, the gears are getting it on all over ,as this is how they were sold new take some chatter out for a while lol
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Sat Dec 15 2012, 18:39

seems odd why it has not dried yet then Shocked

perhaps a poo batch or brand of paint ....

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next