www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

oh no not again ... Amanco chore boy

+4
Appletop
Lewis MacRae
JONESEY
matt86
8 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

oh no not again ... Amanco chore boy  - Page 2 Empty Re: oh no not again ... Amanco chore boy

Post by Appletop Fri Oct 04 2013, 17:26

Christ!!! Putting Mohog on a bonfire!! You mad man??????
Appletop
Appletop
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

oh no not again ... Amanco chore boy  - Page 2 Empty Re: oh no not again ... Amanco chore boy

Post by matt86 Fri Oct 04 2013, 17:33

Villiers wrote:Christ!!! Putting Mohog on a bonfire!! You mad man??????
well i took the open fire out but wish at times i havent .... or use it as kindaling to light the forge Twisted Evil 

Il pm you my number in a second .

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Fri Oct 04 2013, 18:12

LOL that will teach you to poke fun of mine

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Fri Oct 04 2013, 18:40

Abes wrote:LOL that will teach you to poke fun of mine
i did think that ... its typical isnt it .... why do in this hobby find so many bodgers ...? cant anyone make something properly !

Oh abes i found somewhere where you can get some small cast iron wheels .

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Appletop Fri Oct 04 2013, 18:44

Will see what I can do, ring you sometime soon ol' mate

Small iron wheels from

http://www.bearingboys.co.uk/Cast_Iron_Wheels-1403-c
Appletop
Appletop
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Fri Oct 04 2013, 19:00

Villiers wrote:Will see what I can do, ring you sometime soon ol' mate

Small iron wheels from

http://www.bearingboys.co.uk/Cast_Iron_Wheels-1403-c
Cheers rob , oh and the pipe that im using for fuel line is 1/4 outside diameter , as said just try on mobile and i will try and hear lol !

Abes wanted the wheels and thats who i was going to suggest .

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Fri Oct 04 2013, 20:25

Spoked ones I hope lol, don't need solids as picked up 4 sets at work this week

matt86 wrote:
i did think that ... its typical isnt it .... why do in this hobby find so many bodgers ...? cant anyone make something properly !

matt

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Fri Oct 04 2013, 22:26

Abes wrote:Spoked ones I hope lol, don't need solids as picked up 4 sets at work this week

matt86 wrote:

matt
Abes the chance of you getting spoked wheels 4 -5 inch diameter is slim to f all mate
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Fri Oct 04 2013, 22:40

looking a bit better after some work with the plane and sander

oh no not again ... Amanco chore boy  - Page 2 DSC_0158_zps2859fcf0

given it a coat of tung oil as its a darker oil so after a few more coats il mount the engine back on and then get measuring up for the metal work .

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Sat Oct 05 2013, 13:22

LOL I know that's why iam after a pair

matt86 wrote:
Abes wrote:Spoked ones I hope lol, don't need solids as picked up 4 sets at work this week

matt86 wrote:

matt
Abes the chance of you getting spoked wheels 4 -5 inch diameter is slim to f all mate

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Sat Oct 05 2013, 16:04

Abes wrote:LOL I know that's why iam after a pair

matt86 wrote:

matt86 wrote:

matt
trust you to be awkward mate !
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Sat Oct 05 2013, 16:18

fuel tank has been now welded with a drain plug , just a hydraulic fitting with a internal 1/4 bsp thread for the plug . Then the other part welded to a square of sheet as the tank is around 0.5 mm thin Shocked 

and then welded to the tank .

oh no not again ... Amanco chore boy  - Page 2 DSC_0160_zps9f2adc7e

oh no not again ... Amanco chore boy  - Page 2 DSC_0162_zps9ec3fdfd

has to flush it out with white spirit and then shove the hose through and now no orange rust is coming out , so thinking i might add a tank filter on the pickup .

matt

matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Thu Oct 10 2013, 20:47

was bored out my head while at home sick today with a badly swollen face so i decided to have a tinker and see if i can get the amanco going as the postman brought me a nice new igniter .

here a video , need to fit a non return valve in the fuel line and build the trolley oh and change the exhaust as im sure it restricting the gasses

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lewis MacRae Thu Oct 10 2013, 20:52

Thats one nice sounding engine! Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Thu Oct 10 2013, 20:54

Lewis MacRae wrote:Thats one nice sounding engine! Very Happy
Thanks Lewis , the next main job is the trolley as said , i gave up on the idea with trying to re use the mahogany , il start from scratch with some oak that i have got .

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lewis MacRae Thu Oct 10 2013, 20:57

My one will be good when it's finished. Major hurdle is that it needs a liner. Crying or Very sad 

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Thu Oct 10 2013, 21:00

Lewis MacRae wrote:My one will be good when it's finished. Major hurdle is that it needs a liner. Crying or Very sad 
Its not just because its blowing past the rings ?

If so dont worry majority of amanco's blow smoke past the rings as after all how old are they ????
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lewis MacRae Thu Oct 10 2013, 21:06

nope had piston out and definitely a liner job not rings infact the rings were pretty good!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Thu Oct 10 2013, 21:07

Lewis MacRae wrote:nope had piston out and definitely a liner job not rings infact the rings were pretty good!
how badly scored or pitted is it ?

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lewis MacRae Thu Oct 10 2013, 21:09

In all honesty I can't remember as it was at a show we took the piston out but I think it was a pretty big one

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Thu Oct 10 2013, 21:16

Lewis MacRae wrote:In all honesty I can't remember as it was at a show we took the piston out but I think it was  a pretty big one
ever thought of seeing if can find another decent secondhand head ??

I can ask a mate of mine who is a amanco nut see what he has done before in that situation ...

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Appletop Thu Oct 10 2013, 21:20

[quote="Lewis MacRae"]My one will be good when it's finished. Major hurdle is that it needs a liner. Crying or Very sad  [/quote]
Do it run?
Appletop
Appletop
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lewis MacRae Thu Oct 10 2013, 21:22

no it doesn't run unfortunately but i'm going to restore this one this winter

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Thu Oct 10 2013, 21:23

Post a picture of the damage , i recon if its scored that bad you could fill it with white metal or simular .

matt

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Thu Oct 10 2013, 21:25

Lewis MacRae wrote:no it doesn't run unfortunately but i'm going to restore this one this winter  
remember restorating doesnt mean just paint it like quite a few people think .... restoration is mechanically overhaul it and paint it to your finish you like .

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next