www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Here We Go Again! Tarpen Take 2

+4
Abes
Grendel
matt86
JONESEY
8 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Here We Go Again! Tarpen Take 2 - Page 5 Empty Re: Here We Go Again! Tarpen Take 2

Post by kevjhnsn Tue Nov 27 2012, 03:41

as for the piston situation ive not read all the postings but get an idea
the steepest angled side of the crown usually goes to the sparkplug side on a 2 stroker
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Here We Go Again! Tarpen Take 2 - Page 5 Empty Re: Here We Go Again! Tarpen Take 2

Post by nutgone Tue Nov 27 2012, 10:27

kevjhnsn wrote:as for the piston situation ive not read all the postings but get an idea
the steepest angled side of the crown usually goes to the sparkplug side on a 2 stroker
kev

Funny that, I would have said the spark plug goes on the sloping side, not the shelf side (if you see what I mean), but it's different on different engines, which is why I said it's in the wrong place on the Stuart Turner. It's more to do with the transfer & exhaust ports with a deflector top piston, as they are shaped so that the action of the petrol/air mixture coming in drives out all the exhaust gasses through the proper port.
But you know all this anyway, & if you ever make the mistake of putting one in the wrong way round then you'll soon know what it feels like, just hope nobody's there to see it! Embarassed

The name's Matt, but call me Nutts if you like, there's already enough Matt's about.
nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 27 2012, 10:59

nutgone wrote:Funny that, I would have said the spark plug goes on the sloping side, not the shelf side (if you see what I mean), but it's different on different engines, which is why I said it's in the wrong place on the Stuart Turner. It's more to do with the transfer & exhaust ports with a deflector top piston, as they are shaped so that the action of the petrol/air mixture coming in drives out all the exhaust gasses through the proper port.
But you know all this anyway, & if you ever make the mistake of putting one in the wrong way round then you'll soon know what it feels like, just hope nobody's there to see it! Embarassed

Matt everyone makes a mistake now and again, so what, as long as no ones killed there's no problem Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing thing is you sorted it even tho it's left you red faced and you didn't take the stance of saying no it's right and trying to get the engine running as some others would do and not own up to it.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone Tue Nov 27 2012, 20:56

Cheers, Stu.

I've found the phone number I was looking for, so my next project might be in the pipeline. Just need the bloke to pick up his voicemail messages now. That's if he's still got the engine I was after....

The name's Matt, but call me Nutts if you like, there's already enough Matt's about.
nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 28 2012, 11:45

Fingers crossed for you Nuts that you get what your looking for.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone Wed Nov 28 2012, 12:42

stationary stu wrote:Fingers crossed for you Nuts that you get what your looking for.

Stu.

Just had a call back from the bloke this morning, the engine is still there, can pick it up this weekend or next, so just need to sort the transport out now & a new thread will be started soon. Very Happy bounce

nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5