www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

rebuilt to rally frank PEARN water pump ++++ info dating help needed pleaase lads and galls

+4
JONESEY
Foden
Abes
hob
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

rebuilt to rally  frank PEARN water pump ++++ info dating help needed pleaase lads and galls - Page 2 Empty Re: rebuilt to rally frank PEARN water pump ++++ info dating help needed pleaase lads and galls

Post by JONESEY Tue Oct 16 2012, 07:03

You two boys are getting far to technical for me I did like the site nice and simple, before anybody says it a bit like me Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
I just do it the old fashion way see what pulleys I have laying around and just try them out Smile
Jonesey
JONESEY
JONESEY
Admin

Back to top Go down

rebuilt to rally  frank PEARN water pump ++++ info dating help needed pleaase lads and galls - Page 2 Empty Re: rebuilt to rally frank PEARN water pump ++++ info dating help needed pleaase lads and galls

Post by Guest Tue Oct 16 2012, 11:09

Jonesey .... technical ... I don't think so, I posted the link and Kev scratched his head that's us done lol! lol! lol!

I link your thinking trial and error with pulleys it just if your short of pulleys and need to buy one that you need to have some kind of idea what size you need.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 20 2012, 10:29

Here's a cheap pressure gauge but it might be a bit high for your use. He does have another for sale it's lower scale but more ££££'s

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190739186927?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/0-150Lbs-Pressure-Gauge-/190739186127?pt=UK_BOI_FarmingEquipment_RL&hash=item2c68f101cf

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Sun Oct 21 2012, 03:37

stationary stu wrote:Jonesey .... technical ... I don't think so, I posted the link and Kev scratched his head that's us done lol! lol! lol!

I link your thinking trial and error with pulleys it just if your short of pulleys and need to buy one that you need to have some kind of idea what size you need.

Stu.

one thing i never have the right shaft diameter in a pulley, for when i need it , im thinking i may need to go from a 3/4" BSP tap to 1 1/4"-1 1/2"
to get the volume of water out the pump
as my villiers E30 or better know as jap 4/3 on tick over with a 5" od pulley ,the paurn pump is like a pressure washer and stalls it out
so may need a line shaft making up with a big and small pulley on and then to the pump for a low rpm at pump
im thinking this pump must be designed for steam engine power to get the 70-80 rpm its looking like it needs
i may just be over complecating the matter and the amanco will run it just nice Shocked confused Shocked
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JONESEY Sun Oct 21 2012, 07:55

Stop talking about it Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing and just do it Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Just film it in the dark with the wife pouring some water into a bucket Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Jonesey Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing (sorry Kev I had too) Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
JONESEY
JONESEY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 21 2012, 11:10

JONESEY wrote:Stop talking about it Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing and just do it Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Just film it in the dark with the wife pouring some water into a bucket Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Jonesey Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing (sorry Kev I had too) Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

He's at a funny age.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Sun Oct 21 2012, 21:23

stationary stu wrote:
JONESEY wrote:Stop talking about it Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing and just do it Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

He's at a funny age.

Stu.

so are you stu Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
kev

jonesey
i will do a night video for you chris
,save the wifes time coming outside ,
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy "i will pee in a galv watering can " Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 22 2012, 10:40

Yeah I'm old but not as odd as Jonesey, I don't even want to know any details about the bucket, You 2 sure are a bit weird to say the least. lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Peeing in buckets and engines in bedrooms what ever next being whipped by a flat belt!!!! the mind boggles affraid study scratch lol! lol! lol!

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Mon Oct 22 2012, 23:16

stu
kettle black and pot calling, there mr stu,
me thinks
Suspect Suspect scratch scratch scratch scratch Suspect Suspect Suspect Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Suspect Suspect lol! lol!

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Sun Nov 04 2012, 04:16

well the pearn pump is know oiled up and stripped down for storage in its bed of oily rags
until next season or if i ever get the amanco finihed back out for a play , but probable best left dry and water free time it warms up in the spring
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 04 2012, 11:18

Sound like you'll be looking forward to spring so you can get all your winter projects fired up for a good testing.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Wed Feb 20 2013, 01:44

just ordered Shocked 7 foot Shocked of 1/2" x 1/2" square gland packing for her, the gready bugger will have most of to all of that , Shocked all in one go Shocked
as the pump will be run from the amanco display if poss as my others run to fast and pump pressurizes and stops them dead

P.S any information on the frank pearns pump company would be greatly well comed as ive posted the scraps i can find
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Sun Mar 24 2013, 21:02

kevjhnsn wrote:heres the pics i promissed
sooner than i thought,it flew back together the afternoon
rebuilt to rally  frank PEARN water pump ++++ info dating help needed pleaase lads and galls - Page 2 101_6525

rebuilt to rally  frank PEARN water pump ++++ info dating help needed pleaase lads and galls - Page 2 101_6526

rebuilt to rally  frank PEARN water pump ++++ info dating help needed pleaase lads and galls - Page 2 101_6528

rebuilt to rally  frank PEARN water pump ++++ info dating help needed pleaase lads and galls - Page 2 101_6529

rebuilt to rally  frank PEARN water pump ++++ info dating help needed pleaase lads and galls - Page 2 101_6530
and it pump water again Very Happy at hand rotation speed Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
rebuilt to rally  frank PEARN water pump ++++ info dating help needed pleaase lads and galls - Page 2 101_6531

rebuilt to rally  frank PEARN water pump ++++ info dating help needed pleaase lads and galls - Page 2 101_6532
this is a chair pushed up to the flywheel for a sizing guide
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Fri Mar 29 2013, 12:06

heres the steering trolley under construction for the pearn pump
rebuilt to rally  frank PEARN water pump ++++ info dating help needed pleaase lads and galls - Page 2 P2903110
still waiting for the bar to arrive for the rear axle
so trolley is not sitting level yet, but only clamped loosly together to see if it turns enough
rebuilt to rally  frank PEARN water pump ++++ info dating help needed pleaase lads and galls - Page 2 P2903111
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 29 2013, 12:14

Trolley looks good kev shame the wheels don't match but when there's so much difference in size you'll have a had job finding a set of 4 to match.

How much it left to do on the pump kev?

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Fri Mar 29 2013, 12:23

stationary stu wrote:Trolley looks good kev shame the wheels don't match but when there's so much difference in size you'll have a had job finding a set of 4 to match.

How much it left to do on the pump kev?

Stu.

just want to fix the axles to the trolley then i can get the pump out the shed 200 yrds away and fetch it to the tool shed and start reasembling it again as took to pieces for storage and ease of moving with out the trolley needed
then a case of just re gland packing the pistons bore and then should be back up and running again
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

rebuilt to rally  frank PEARN water pump ++++ info dating help needed pleaase lads and galls - Page 2 Empty Pearn water pump

Post by bencam43 Sat Apr 06 2013, 21:26

Hi Kev, do any of the castings on your pump have part numbers cast on them, on mine they all begin with FP. Bill
bencam43
bencam43
A true Stationary engine owner
A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Sun Apr 07 2013, 03:38

bill
will have alook tomorrow ,as ready to get the pump out of winter coats, and start drilling to her new trolley Very Happy
had to make another one as the one above after 3 days was a wavy as the channel Sad
so started it over again ,oak slab has been planned and cleaned up for her feet to sit on Smile
also made a new trolley for the wx11 lzha and a second one for the wx11 lzha with the wider flywheel is being ofset more also at this time

so will have a look later for you and hope to take some pics of all this weeks work ive been doing and not had the time to upload pics or ect
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07 2013, 12:29

Sounds as if your going to be building a good strong trolley this time Kev,

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Sun Apr 07 2013, 12:35

Think its going to be a heafty item to move about .

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Mon Apr 08 2013, 00:30

matt
yeah shes a beasty not touring all the rallys with this one mate

the trolley is now ready for the pump to start going on ,as long as the weather holds as it was earlyer before the rain started and went dark 1 1/2rh earlyer than yesterday Rolling Eyes
so the pics are in the glume sorry lads will do them again as soon as
rebuilt to rally  frank PEARN water pump ++++ info dating help needed pleaase lads and galls - Page 2 P0704110
2x oak 8" wide 1 1/2" thick planks on a ash and ceddar frame
rebuilt to rally  frank PEARN water pump ++++ info dating help needed pleaase lads and galls - Page 2 P0704111
with old cart front axle and wheels as found last year, just treated the old timber
rebuilt to rally  frank PEARN water pump ++++ info dating help needed pleaase lads and galls - Page 2 P0704112
solid bar rear axle made today from lengh off fleebay Very Happy

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08 2013, 13:58

Looks to be a good strong trolley Kev.

Good job I ate my carrots lol! :stick lol: lol! :stick lol: lol!

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Mon Apr 08 2013, 21:44

busy day today ,back from work and then to the shed
frank meet trolley for a quick walkeys, then back with the trolley for the tank ,piston ,crank ect, and the third and last for the flywheels
then sat frank back to the trolley for a work bench,
rebuilt to rally  frank PEARN water pump ++++ info dating help needed pleaase lads and galls - Page 2 P0804110
ripped out the old glad packing, well rotted and stuck in place
rebuilt to rally  frank PEARN water pump ++++ info dating help needed pleaase lads and galls - Page 2 P0804111
after sneaking out with the hoover and sucked loads and loads for fluffy rotten crumbs of gland
then in with the new 1/2" x 1/2" seal, had to hammer it all the leath as to tight to get down as it was
so with a little oil ,wooden punch , and the trusty leather hammer perswaided 6ft of gland down the bore Smile
rebuilt to rally  frank PEARN water pump ++++ info dating help needed pleaase lads and galls - Page 2 P0804112
this is the 14" long off cut
then tightened down the glad compression/retainer sleave, Smile
then this just had to happen 4hrs after i started today
high quality videos now posted below ,as a neighbour came out to film the set up Very Happy
kev

Last edited by kevjhnsn on Wed Apr 10 2013, 02:32; edited 2 times in total

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09 2013, 13:01

Kev what's wrong with it? My Youtube is not playing to good, it keeps stopping and starting or is that the pump?

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next