www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Help needed to save 2 Lister engines from the scrap man!

5 posters

Go down

Help needed to save 2 Lister engines from the scrap man! Empty Help needed to save 2 Lister engines from the scrap man!

Post by Stuart7 Mon Jan 06 2020, 11:54

Hi.
I have come across 2 stationary engines that I am trying to identify in the hope that I can save them from the scrap man and find them new homes. They are on a dairy farm in Essex where they were actually used throughout their working life. They have sat outside for a long time but I’m sure they would be wanted by someone.
I am sure one is a Lister ‘D’ but is there any other designation to further describe it?
The other 1 am not so sure about, I know it is a Lister but what model??
Here’s hoping someone can offer me a bit of useful info.
Thanks, Stuart.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Stuart7
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Help needed to save 2 Lister engines from the scrap man! Empty Re: Help needed to save 2 Lister engines from the scrap man!

Post by chrismac Mon Jan 06 2020, 12:23

You are correct the 2nd is a D type, the first looks like a tank cooled Lister A, check the brass plate on the crank cast door, there you will see a type and get a serial number which they can be dated, even a bit of history can be gained from those numbers as to where it was supplied to.

A bit of work needed but I have tackled worse in the past.

Chris

chrismac
A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Help needed to save 2 Lister engines from the scrap man! Empty Re: Help needed to save 2 Lister engines from the scrap man!

Post by Stuart7 Mon Jan 06 2020, 18:24

I'll try and get the info but it is very difficult to read the plates.

Stuart7
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Stuart7 Tue Jan 07 2020, 17:25

I managed to clean up the plate enough on the Lister 'D' to get a good photo. Do the numbers mean anything of interest?? Year at least hopefully??
Thank you, Stuart.

Stuart7
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Stuart7 Tue Jan 07 2020, 17:33

So with regard to the Lister 'A' (chrismac ID'd). The plate was a little harder to photograph but hopefully someone can help me out on year and anything else of interest.
Thanks again,
Stuart.

Stuart7
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by blue cat Tue Jan 07 2020, 19:33

Lister D is 1943.
Lister A is 1933.

blue cat
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Stuart7 Tue Jan 07 2020, 19:55

Thank you so much for that. All I need to do now is find someone that would like them. Would you consider them worth saving and if so where is the best place to find their new owners, on the forum or eBay?? I am donating any money raised (if any) to the charity requested by the niece of the farmer who has recently died.

Stuart7
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by maryalice Tue Jan 07 2020, 20:28

The D has got to be worth £50 of anybody's money and the A up to £100, they are likely to need a lot of work on the magneto's but they are all there particularly the A which has a base casting and they can fetch a goodly sum.

maryalice

maryalice
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Stuart7 Wed Jan 08 2020, 10:17

Hi.
So with the agreement of the farmers niece I will be listing both engines on eBay tonight. Hopefully they will find good homes and raise a bit of money for the Cancer charity.
Thanks for all the help.
Regards,
Stuart.

Stuart7
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by blue cat Wed Jan 08 2020, 18:33

You're welcome. Raising money for a good cause is great. I hope they sell well.

blue cat
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Stuart7 Wed Jan 08 2020, 20:39

The 2 engines are now listed on eBay in case anyone is interested in bidding.
Not allowed to post the links but if you search for these descriptions you will find them.

Lister A Stationary Engine 1933 Unrestored Project

Lister D Stationary Engine 1943 Unrestored Project

Thanks, Stuart.

Stuart7
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by chrismac Thu Jan 09 2020, 09:55

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you don't want the links advertised, I can remove, I was unsure what you were meaning by not allowed to post the links, I tried a test and it worked.

Chris

chrismac

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodsman Thu Jan 09 2020, 13:53

chrismac wrote:
If you don't want the links advertised, I can remove, I was unsure what you were meaning by not allowed to post the links, I tried a test and it worked. Chris

New members are not allowed to post links or pictures for seven days - Forumotion rules, not mine

Woodsman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chrismac Thu Jan 09 2020, 17:09

Thanks for clearing that up Paul, I did not want to be doing anything I should not have been.

Chris

chrismac

Back to top Go down

Post by Stuart7 Thu Jan 09 2020, 18:45

Thanks for posting the links. As a newbie forum member I can't be trusted, Laughing

Stuart7
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodsman Fri Jan 10 2020, 08:51

Stuart7 wrote:Thanks for posting the links. As a newbie forum member I can't be trusted, Laughing
You should be OK now. Wink

Woodsman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chrismac Tue Jan 21 2020, 09:57

Glad to see your engines sold.

That's a result.

Chris

chrismac

Back to top Go down

Post by Stuart7 Tue Jan 21 2020, 10:14

The 'D' has been collected by an enthusiastic engine collector so has gone to a good home. The 'A' will be collected this weekend so looking forward to meeting that new owner too.
Will have raised just over £120 by the time I have paid the eBay fees.
So a great result, Smile

Stuart7
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by blue cat Wed Jan 22 2020, 16:21

Thumbs Up

blue cat
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down