www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

WW2 US Army Homelite Generating Set

+6
matt86
Ianhw77k
pauldg
glowes3
DanBoy
mike d
10 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

WW2 US Army Homelite Generating Set - Page 5 Empty Re: WW2 US Army Homelite Generating Set

Post by nutgone Sat Jan 12 2013, 12:57

stationary stu wrote:Great news that you solved the problem, it looks a good job but very shiney at the minute you've got a lot to do to clean up the rest of the copper/ brass now so it all looks new Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stu.

I could always polish up all the ally castings as well lol!

(Actually, I have seen these stripped of paint, they don't look bad, but I prefer the thought of some nice fresh Olive Drab matt paint on everything except the head, barrel & exhaust, & possibly the flywheel, which are matt black).

Gotta sort my engine fund out before I can go any further with this one. Although I have been given some more pointers on what to do with the dynamo to see if it will ever give out some power. I will probably do that after I've finished the Tarpen.

The name's Matt, but call me Nutts if you like, there's already enough Matt's about.
nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

WW2 US Army Homelite Generating Set - Page 5 Empty Re: WW2 US Army Homelite Generating Set

Post by Guest Sat Jan 12 2013, 13:35

Good idea to finish the Tarpen and sell it on then that should free up some of your cash for other things.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5