www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

WORK HAS STARTED ON MY 1931 LISTER A

+3
mike d
JONESEY
BRASSO
7 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

WORK HAS STARTED ON MY 1931 LISTER A - Page 2 Empty Re: WORK HAS STARTED ON MY 1931 LISTER A

Post by mike d Wed Apr 20 2011, 09:01

BRASSO wrote:Well have cracked on with painting the engine tonight.

Actually really pleased with the finish using enamel now. A+

Photos soon when my missus gets back from her hols with my camera!!!!!

Cheers

Mart

cheers cheers cheers cheers

see martin..listen to the old fella.....he knows.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
regards...mike..
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

WORK HAS STARTED ON MY 1931 LISTER A - Page 2 Empty Re: WORK HAS STARTED ON MY 1931 LISTER A

Post by BRASSO Wed Apr 20 2011, 09:22

mike d wrote:

Cheers

Mart

see martin..listen to the old fella.....he knows.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
regards...mike..

I am pleased with the finish Mike, but not entirely convinced about the colour. I bought the enamel from stationary engine parts, it is mid brunswick green and supposed to have been colour checked ok by David Eddington, I may be wriong but I personnally think its looks a bit light?

Will post some pictures when the missus gets back with my camera, and see what you guys think?

Cheers

Mart.
BRASSO
BRASSO
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Thu Apr 21 2011, 00:25

BRASSO wrote:
mike d wrote:

Cheers

Mart

regards...mike..

I am pleased with the finish Mike, but not entirely convinced about the colour. I bought the enamel from stationary engine parts, it is mid Brunswick green and supposed to have been colour checked ok by David Eddington, I may be wrong but I personally think its looks a bit light?

Will post some pictures when the missus gets back with my camera, and see what you guys think?

Cheers

Mart.

martin..I've used that paint from them loads of times,it seems ok to me,but some people say its down to the primer you use?????
Ive always used wickes red oxide and has been ok...going to try some grey primer on the wolseley,which i was recommended to use by a mate of mine..its from S.E.P.COM,so will see how it goes...hope to get my piston rings from cox and turners tomorrow,there only 10 mins down the road from me,jonesy's even closer to them...so once Ive got them i should start putting it back together..need to finish my Godwin pump first though....keep us posted with the results mate....
regards..mike...
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BRASSO Fri Apr 22 2011, 00:42

Well, my timber arrived at work today for my new trolley. I got it all cut to length and i shaped the ends on the band saw.

I am using Ash for this job and the grain in it when varnished is going to look amazing.

I will post some pictures when I get my camera back on Sunday.

Regards

Martin

BRASSO
BRASSO
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JONESEY Fri Apr 22 2011, 09:07

Sounds like its going to be a show stopper Smile Smile Smile Smile
Jonesey Smile
JONESEY
JONESEY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Sun Apr 24 2011, 22:10

kevjhnsn wrote:
mike d wrote:HI KEV....
you must show us some photos of it now,then some as you get more into it and then of course when its all finished...
with the gaskets,as Chris said the rings are the only ones i know you can get,all the rest are DIY jobs like you said..
and if you need some packing for the fuel pump CHRIS and I have some in stock,so let us know and one of us will send you some..
well good luck with your latest acquisition,and like i said show us the photos of it ...
regards...mike..

hi there mike
thanks for that will be in touch in the near future ,
when Ive got it to a point of return to running
will send in some photos in the near future ,
?????????????????? Embarassed Embarassed when i work out how to upload to this site Embarassed Embarassed ?????
thanks Kev j

HI KEV....
theres a link on the site that will help you do just this Kev....hope it helps.if you get stuck,contact any of us....
regards...mike..
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BRASSO Mon Apr 25 2011, 00:37

BRASSO wrote:Well, my timber arrived at work today for my new trolley. I got it all cut to length and i shaped the ends on the band saw.

I am using Ash for this job and the grain in it when varnished is going to look amazing.

I will post some pictures when I get my camera back on Sunday.

Regards

Martin

Here are some pictures of my trolley all jointed and bolted together. Also some pictures of the paint job coming together.

Just gotta varnish it up now and fit the new wheels and axles.

WORK HAS STARTED ON MY 1931 LISTER A - Page 2 Lister10

WORK HAS STARTED ON MY 1931 LISTER A - Page 2 Lister11

WORK HAS STARTED ON MY 1931 LISTER A - Page 2 Lister12

WORK HAS STARTED ON MY 1931 LISTER A - Page 2 Lister13

WORK HAS STARTED ON MY 1931 LISTER A - Page 2 Lister14

WORK HAS STARTED ON MY 1931 LISTER A - Page 2 Lister15

Cheers

Mart.
[img][/img]
BRASSO
BRASSO
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Mon Apr 25 2011, 18:43

wow !

that trolley looks like its going to be the part ... some really nice work there .

regards , matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25 2011, 18:48

Excellent job, that's going to last for years and show the engine off a treat.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by BRASSO Fri Apr 29 2011, 18:02

Well its progressing, slower than ex\pected but its getting there.

Picture 1 shows wheels back from Shotblasting and coated in Kurrust, just to make sure of them.

Picture 2 & 3 shows primed wheels and axle components all cut out and assembled for dry run before welding together.

Cheers

Mart.

WORK HAS STARTED ON MY 1931 LISTER A - Page 2 Engine11

WORK HAS STARTED ON MY 1931 LISTER A - Page 2 Engine10

WORK HAS STARTED ON MY 1931 LISTER A - Page 2 Engine12

BRASSO
BRASSO
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29 2011, 18:22

It's always the same "takes longer then you expect" but don't rush it and spoil what looks to be a trolley that will last for a long time.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Sat Apr 30 2011, 01:06

HI MARTIN.....
looking good mate..theres one bit you've missed though,the inspection door.. scratch scratch
that trolly is a cracker,are you a chippie by trade,or did you pay attention in woodwork at school lol! lol! lol!
keep it up mate and you will have a show winner on your hands....
regards...mike...
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30 2011, 10:00

mike d wrote:HI MARTIN.....
looking good mate..theres one bit you've missed though,the inspection door.. scratch scratch
that trolly is a cracker,are you a chippie by trade,or did you pay attention in woodwork at school lol! lol! lol!
regards...mike...

Hi must be a chippy coz I couldn't learn how to build anything like that from school, they never gave me any sharp tools to start with.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Sat Apr 30 2011, 13:57

stationary stu wrote:
mike d wrote:HI MARTIN.....
regards...mike...

Hi must be a chippy cuz I couldn't learn how to build anything like that from school, they never gave me any sharp tools to start with.

Stu.

STU...the only reason you never had a sharp tool was so you couldn't harm your self mate.. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
regards...mike...number 1 coffin dodger... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30 2011, 14:56

Looking good! wish my wood work was to that standard, I cant seem to get it! going to see if I can find someone to give me a hand making something for the Scott

Cheers Steve

Back to top Go down

Post by JONESEY Sat Apr 30 2011, 18:03

What a cracking job your making Mart looks fantastic
Jonesey Smile
JONESEY
JONESEY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BRASSO Sat Apr 30 2011, 22:27

Thanks for all the great feedback guys.

Nice to show this renovation bit by bit.

No I am not a chippie by trade, but a pretty good allrounder. However my dad is a carpenter by trade, so I have picked up many skills from him.

Its so funny when we work together because he prefers hand tools and I prefer using power tools. Some of the arguments we have are hilarious!!

Inspection plate is on the work bench having all the wording done in red Mike.

Welding of axles now done.

Varnishing starts tomorrow!!

Cheers

Mart
BRASSO
BRASSO
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Sat Apr 30 2011, 23:33

BRASSO wrote:Thanks for all the great feedback guys.

No I am not a chippie by trade, but a pretty good all-rounder. However my dad is a carpenter by trade, so I have picked up many skills from him.

Its so funny when we work together because he prefers hand tools and I prefer using power tools. Some of the arguments we have are hilarious!!

Cheers

Mart

hi martin......
the next engine i need restoring will be coming down to you to do....
i used to get a fella to do them for me when i wasn't up to it,but he doesn't seem to have the time anymore...
pity as he did a cracking job...
are you up to the challenge martin??????? scratch scratch
regards...mike...
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 01 2011, 12:14

Think Martin will have a queue forming soon, as the standard he turns out is what everyone wishes they could do. Smile

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by BRASSO Sun May 01 2011, 12:31

mike d wrote:

No I am not a chippie by trade, but a pretty good all-rounder. However my dad is a carpenter by trade, so I have picked up many skills from him.

Cheers

Mart

hi martin......
i used to get a fella to do them for me when i wasn't up to it,but he doesn't seem to have the time anymore...
regards...mike...

Always up for a challenge Mike, Should have some free time in about 9 months lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
BRASSO
BRASSO
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Sun May 01 2011, 12:42

BRASSO wrote:
mike d wrote:

Cheers

Mart

hi martin......
regards...mike...

Always up for a challenge Mike, Should have some free time in about 9 months lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

9 months???you haven't gone and got the MRS pregnant have you????? Very Happy Very Happy
didn't think you had time for all that as you on engine restoring duties...
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
mike..
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 01 2011, 14:49

He must be doing a Lister Junior lol! lol! lol!

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by BRASSO Sun May 01 2011, 16:12

OK, lets stop this one before it starts!!! NO SHE AINT!! and I deffinately aint got any time free for that, I am all but living in the garage now!! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Sorry mike, will have to change that to 10 months 13 days and 10 minutes!!

Cheers

Mart.

BRASSO
BRASSO
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Sun May 01 2011, 23:44

BRASSO wrote:OK, lets stop this one before it starts!!! NO SHE AINT!! and I definitely ain't got any time free for that, I am all but living in the garage now!! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Sorry mike, will have to change that to 10 months 13 days and 10 minutes!!

Cheers

Mart.

thanks for that mate...will keep it in mind mate..... lol! lol! lol! lol!
mike...
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BRASSO Tue May 03 2011, 18:32

More Progress chaps!

Axles all now welded, 3 coats of primer and 5 coats of black gloss top coat!

Lovely Jubley!!

Cheers

Mart.

WORK HAS STARTED ON MY 1931 LISTER A - Page 2 Axles_10

WORK HAS STARTED ON MY 1931 LISTER A - Page 2 Axles_11

WORK HAS STARTED ON MY 1931 LISTER A - Page 2 Axles_12
BRASSO
BRASSO
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next