www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

august 1929 RICARDO SHAFTY LISTER D spec D11

+2
kevjhnsn
matt86
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

august 1929 RICARDO SHAFTY LISTER D spec D11 - Page 2 Empty Re: august 1929 RICARDO SHAFTY LISTER D spec D11

Post by kevjhnsn Thu Mar 20 2014, 19:55

spit-bang wrote:its coming along niceley kev. looks better than when it left here Smile . any luck with the piston yet?
im hoping soon mate its had enough hours of loving work put into it and the head casting rebuild hope is to your liking as it was worse than the pics made it look mate
piston has been promised to be ready for shipping out  27-28th of this month and should be with me before the 5 april
but all in all the engine will be about 7-10 max after that for delivery as nothing can be assembled other than studs and linkage ,and i always leave the decals as late as poss so less chance of paint shrinkage after fitting and then the laquer over them to harden 24-36hrs 
could you post me the water tap over to me as that still needs drilling and taping into head casting 
did email but seems to of gone awal ,thought you wernt saying much back on private email adress mate
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

august 1929 RICARDO SHAFTY LISTER D spec D11 - Page 2 Empty Re: august 1929 RICARDO SHAFTY LISTER D spec D11

Post by Foden Thu Mar 20 2014, 21:57

Why did you need another piston Kev, or have I missed something in the postings?

Pete.

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Fri Mar 21 2014, 02:12

Foden wrote:Why did you need another piston Kev, or have I missed something in the postings?

Pete.
hi pete mate
the 3 ring piston was well worn and burnt down the gap side in the rings ,as were all fitted with the ring gap in line  Neutral and had a 8thou step down the bore side ,and the standard rings were with a gap i could put my little finger in ,so i rebored it and having the new piston made to suite the new round again bore for her ,as didnt want to take it to a +40 as next time the engine is out of tollerences, so having one made inbetween sizes to give her 3x more chances of  honing out or rebored before the end game ,as the pistons available are either to small or to big ,so this was the path i choose ,but been a month in coming t me so far  Embarassed 
thinking it for the best for her as clocking for 90yrs and rallying will not wear it out as fast as the working years, so hoping she will live the same again now
kev
august 1929 RICARDO SHAFTY LISTER D spec D11 - Page 2 P1010322

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2