www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

engine number 4 of the VILLIERS WX11 PROJECTS

+9
Abes
callum12
braydh
misterengine1932
Appletop
StewartH
vdr1983
kevjhnsn
Lewis MacRae
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

engine number 4 of the VILLIERS WX11 PROJECTS - Page 2 Empty Re: engine number 4 of the VILLIERS WX11 PROJECTS

Post by vdr1983 Tue Dec 31 2013, 22:39

kev
HOW MANY DO YOU HAVE
another beutiful paint job and runner ,how do you have the patients to keep them coming ,
please see my comment on the other stuning black and grey one
thanks and happy new year
vanessa x

vdr1983
I really need to post more
I really need to post more

Back to top Go down

engine number 4 of the VILLIERS WX11 PROJECTS - Page 2 Empty Re: engine number 4 of the VILLIERS WX11 PROJECTS

Post by Jake Birrell Fri Jan 03 2014, 10:33

Nice job!
Jake Birrell
Jake Birrell
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lister Fri Jan 03 2014, 17:57

Well done on bringing another one back to life Kev, it looks very nice indeed and seems to run well too.   I look forward to seeing one of these restored engines at a rally later this year. Smile

A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Sat Jan 04 2014, 00:48

jules
hope you had that whisky on new years for me matewell it wont be this one jules
as this is going to southern home in the near future ,when the copper seals arrive im still awaiting for  Mad 
shouldnt need them really but better safe than eating the studs later down the line
you know me o.t.t ,when i comes to engines ,nearly as bad as you sorry you only do half a job on lister Ds  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Smile 
hows the lister Ds tanilizing drying out much more yet ???
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lister Thu Jan 09 2014, 18:45

Yes, the linseed oil is almost dry now on the bits I've done.  Just waiting for some warmer weather so I can get on with painting some more of the 'after side', I tried a bit last weekend but it was too cold and I had to give up!  Neutral  I'll do an update on 'Before and After's restoration thread when I've made a bit more progress.   Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by StewartH Fri Jan 10 2014, 13:40

A great looking engine and a great restoration job - really smart. Sounds good too...

I will have to add one to my wish list so thanks for bringing them to my attention - as you said the early models are not so common or known about (especially to newbies like me) so it’s nice to see and read the thread on its re-birth!

Nice job Squire Kev.

best. hamish
StewartH
StewartH
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by the engineer Fri Apr 09 2021, 20:47

any chance you could photo the carb needle and lift mechanisim mine has been lost by previos owner just to get an idea of how to go about an effective solving

the engineer
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2