www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Found Something For The Amanco To Run

+7
Lewis MacRae
kevjhnsn
Abes
StewartH
Appletop
fretman
Gary.B
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Found Something For The Amanco To Run Empty Found Something For The Amanco To Run

Post by Abes Sat Aug 24 2013, 09:56

Was on the look out for something for the Amanco to run and out of the blue this fell in my lap (lol and yes it hurt), a few of you will know who had it and did the great job on the trolley, should look pretty good together and should get an airing this Monday all being well

Found Something For The Amanco To Run 0191111

Last edited by Abes on Sat Aug 24 2013, 19:25; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Found Something For The Amanco To Run Empty Re: Found Something For The Amanco To Run

Post by Lewis MacRae Sat Aug 24 2013, 10:44

Looks great wasn't that jonseys? (Don't know his actual name)

Admin

Back to top Go down

Found Something For The Amanco To Run Empty Re: Found Something For The Amanco To Run

Post by Gary.B Sat Aug 24 2013, 11:44

Nice, great trolley too.

Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Found Something For The Amanco To Run Empty pump

Post by fretman Sat Aug 24 2013, 12:08

nice looking job that
fretman
fretman
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Sat Aug 24 2013, 19:24

Any one know if theres a way of dating them or is that too much of a long shot lol

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Appletop Sat Aug 24 2013, 19:49

Try flowers and wine, worked ok on the wife...
Appletop
Appletop
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Appletop Sat Aug 24 2013, 19:49

As for the age....Slim chance of dating that I would think
Appletop
Appletop
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Sat Aug 24 2013, 19:53

Don't think my Mrs would go much on the idea of me sending your Mrs flowers and wine lol

Villiers wrote:Try flowers and wine, worked ok on the wife...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Sat Aug 24 2013, 19:53

Thought as much did not hold out much hope

Villiers wrote:As for the age....Slim chance of dating that I would think

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Sun Nov 17 2013, 16:56

Managed to source a new tank for the pump last week (came in the yard) so with that in mind thought id redo all the pipe work too as not to keen on the galvanised set up (like a bit of copper), so managed to source some 35mm copper pipe and fittings and with a bit of soldering the jobs almost complete just the legs for the tank to make then a coat of paint, will put some pics up tomorrow

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by StewartH Sun Nov 17 2013, 17:54

That's a great looking set up and some real craftsmanship on the trolley - one question Ihave been meaning to ask is what kind of head of water can those pumps lift - any ideas? And when they have lifted it how far will they reasonably pump up ( in terms of bar pressure or metres/ feet) no other reason to ask but curiosity!

Either way you will no doubt enjoy it!

Best

Hamish
StewartH
StewartH
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Sun Nov 17 2013, 17:55

Abes wrote:Managed to source a new tank for the pump last week (came in the yard) so with that in mind thought id redo all the pipe work too as not to keen on the galvanised set up (like a bit of copper), so managed to source some 35mm copper pipe and fittings and with a bit of soldering the jobs almost complete just the legs for the tank to make then a coat of paint, will put some pics up tomorrow  
so we can see

you bloody magpie !

get some pictures up so we can see your handy work , matt

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Sun Nov 17 2013, 17:56

StewartH wrote:That's a great looking set up and some real craftsmanship on the trolley - one question Ihave been meaning to ask is what kind of head of water can those pumps lift - any ideas? And when they have lifted it how far will they reasonably pump up ( in terms of bar pressure or metres/ feet) no other reason to ask but curiosity!

Either way you will no doubt enjoy it!

Best

Hamish
to be fair we dont actually know Hamish i have the bigger brother of this pump and while pumping if you put your hand in the tank near the pipe it sucks your hand to the pipe and its a bit of a pull to get hand off the pipe .

matt

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Sun Nov 17 2013, 19:56

sweet pump mr abes
how is his lordship this week then Smile 
your garage must be getting full by now mate
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Sun Nov 17 2013, 20:01

Abes wrote:Managed to source a new tank for the pump last week (came in the yard) so with that in mind thought id redo all the pipe work too as not to keen on the galvanised set up (like a bit of copper), so managed to source some 35mm copper pipe and fittings and with a bit of soldering the jobs almost complete just the legs for the tank to make then a coat of paint, will put some pics up tomorrow  
abes im seaching a small tank from 2 to 10 gallons round or square from the big old fire exstingueser to a brass steel or what ever water container for using on depending on the tank either jsut the tank cooled wx11 or also multi purpose for water pumps to ,as the tanks i have are just to big for my surcomstances mate
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Sun Nov 17 2013, 20:48

Funny enough mate have a steel extinguisher in the shed at this precise moment with the top already cut off (was going to use that lol) yours if you want it as going spare now

kevjhnsn wrote:
abes im seaching a small tank from 2 to 10 gallons round or square from the big old fire exstingueser to a brass steel or what ever water container for using on depending on the tank either jsut the tank cooled wx11 or also multi purpose for water pumps to ,as the tanks i have are just to big for my surcomstances mate
kev

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Sun Nov 17 2013, 20:55

Abes wrote:Funny enough mate have a steel extinguisher in the shed at this precise moment with the top already cut off (was going to use that lol) yours if you want it as going spare now

kevjhnsn wrote:
kev
abes
yes please mate
could you deliver it to mate  not for a little while though mate :)i have other things to get finished before i think of looking at one of my own  Smile 
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Sun Nov 17 2013, 22:38

No probs mate will sort something out

kevjhnsn wrote:
Abes wrote:Funny enough mate have a steel extinguisher in the shed at this precise moment with the top already cut off (was going to use that lol) yours if you want it as going spare now

kevjhnsn wrote:
kev
abes
yes please mate
could you deliver it to mate  not for a little while though mate :)i have other things to get finished before i think of looking at one of my own  Smile 
kev

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Sun Nov 17 2013, 22:40

kevjhnsn wrote:

kevjhnsn wrote:
kev
abes
yes please mate
kev
Kev you still after these wheels ?

matt

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Sun Nov 24 2013, 17:28

Managed to get the legs cut and welded and then welded to the tank slight cock up as on the first weld to the tank had power up to high and put a very small hole in the tank but no big deal as managed to weld it shut again lol, wood supports cut and sorted, then managed to give a couple of coats of primer to all the metal work then this afternoon a coat of black to the inside now just need to give it a couple of days before start painting the outside, pics to follow

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lewis MacRae Sun Nov 24 2013, 17:44

sounds good!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Sat Nov 30 2013, 21:37

All finished ie painted and put back together now, will put some pics up tomorrow as did not finish till late

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Sat Nov 30 2013, 21:41

Abes wrote:All finished ie painted and put back together now, will put some pics up tomorrow as did not finish till late
no rest for the wicked ey Laughing 

now all you need to do is get a video of it belted up to the hired man .

matt

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Sat Nov 30 2013, 21:51

LOL will try and sort something out for you tomorrow mate depends if I can be assed to move the trailer as engines have now all been put to bed in the garage for the winter

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Sat Nov 30 2013, 21:53

no rush but get a video soon mate ,

Hows the headless ?

matt

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum