www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Help : Wolseley WD8 Piston and Gudgeon pin

2 posters

Go down

Help : Wolseley WD8 Piston and Gudgeon pin  Empty Help : Wolseley WD8 Piston and Gudgeon pin

Post by Slim Fri Jun 28 2013, 23:02

Can anyone tell me please if the Gudgeon pin in the piston of a WD8 is a press fit ? I assume it is as I don't seem to be able to shift mine very easily.
Thanks.

Slim
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Help : Wolseley WD8 Piston and Gudgeon pin  Empty Re: Help : Wolseley WD8 Piston and Gudgeon pin

Post by nutgone Sat Jun 29 2013, 23:51

They are usually a light press fit. You need to heat the piston a little, without heating the pin too much, that should help it come out.

Be careful not to damage the con rod, just the slightest bend will cause you a lot of agro, try not to put any sideways pressure on it if you can.

To put them back in many of us put the piston in a container of freshly boiled water, so they really don't need to be that hot. But the pin stays cold easier then, as it isn't in the piston. I usually heat it up with a blow lamp, gently, until it's just a little too hot to handle. Use gloves or a rag. Add more heat if required.

Hope this helps, get in touch again if you need any more.

The name's Matt, but call me Nutts if you like, there's already enough Matt's about.
nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Help : Wolseley WD8 Piston and Gudgeon pin  Empty Re: Help : Wolseley WD8 Piston and Gudgeon pin

Post by Slim Fri Jul 05 2013, 20:28

Thanks for the info. I've got the pin out and cleaned everything, there is wear but I cannot feel any play - vertical play between the little end rod eye and the Gudgeon pin when rod is held at 90deg to the Gudgeon pin. Although you can rock the rod side to side against the Gudgeon pin which implies there is more wear towards the ends of the little end bush (or Gudgeon pin for that matter)than the in the centre, oh well, if it knocks I'll make a new rod eye bush.
Regs

Slim
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone Mon Jul 08 2013, 21:23

You often get that bit of rocking, it should be fine. Glad you got it out.

The name's Matt, but call me Nutts if you like, there's already enough Matt's about.
nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down