www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Lister D Carb Float

2 posters

Go down

Lister D Carb Float Empty Lister D Carb Float

Post by Smallsey Tue Jun 11 2013, 22:59

Hi all!
So im rather new to this as I have just got a Lister D given to me by a friend! As its in pieces I thought id tackle the Carb to strip and clean it, everything was going well until i came to rebuild the carb and the float wouldnt fit into the float chamber. The diameter fits, however the brass rod through the centre sits too high and the cap wont reach the threads. This could be the wrong float as it came loose and wasnt in the float chamber to begin with. Any help would be appreciated!
Cheers, James!

Lister D Carb Float 20130611_215709_zps5fbb6022
Lister D Carb Float 20130611_215644_zps6f7c8876

Smallsey
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Lister D Carb Float Empty Re: Lister D Carb Float

Post by Smallsey Tue Jun 11 2013, 23:05

I think ive literally just figured it out 5 minutes after i posted this. Should the float needle go through the bottom of the float so the end with the thick rounded end sits underneath the float chamber, and then the float clips onto that and keeps it in? I feel a fool! :')

Smallsey
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Thu Jun 13 2013, 03:25

Smallsey wrote:I think ive literally just figured it out 5 minutes after i posted this. Should the float needle go through the bottom of the float so the end with the thick rounded end sits underneath the float chamber, and then the float clips onto that and keeps it in? I feel a fool! :')
that sounds the write idea you had there mate
see you just had your tongue in the wrong place, then it all fitted in the right placeĀ Wink
weve all been there one way or another mate
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Smallsey Thu Jun 13 2013, 19:58

Its the silly stuff that gets me haha!

Smallsey
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 16 2013, 14:12

We all have to learn and sometimes silly questions do turn out sensable so don't worry about it James. Good to see you got your head round it and sorted it out.

Good luck with the restoration and please continue to ask questions it's the only way to learn.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down