www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Joseph Evans & Son, Lion Leo Pump 1954 Restoration

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Joseph Evans & Son, Lion Leo Pump 1954 Restoration - Page 2 Empty Re: Joseph Evans & Son, Lion Leo Pump 1954 Restoration

Post by blackvanman Tue Mar 12 2013, 16:16

Had a chance to play today, have put a better trolley arrangement together, it will have a hitch point on the end linking it directly to the Wolseley trolley, and the hitch length is adjustable to tension the belt Smile

Joseph Evans & Son, Lion Leo Pump 1954 Restoration - Page 2 Imag0511

Joseph Evans & Son, Lion Leo Pump 1954 Restoration - Page 2 Imag0512

They say if you can pee you can paint, my mother always said my aim in that department was crap.
blackvanman
blackvanman
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Joseph Evans & Son, Lion Leo Pump 1954 Restoration - Page 2 Empty Re: Joseph Evans & Son, Lion Leo Pump 1954 Restoration

Post by Guest Wed Mar 13 2013, 11:50

Sounds like you've figured it out hope that solves any problems. Very Happy A video would be nice to check out our opinions (you knew I'd ask Laughing Laughing Laughing ). Andy you know I don't like to criticise but there one thing about your pump that makes me cringe when I look at them. Don't take this away from the great resto job you've done just a finishing touch should we say. Well the 4 very long bolts could maybe do with being cut down to the correct length and that would make me very happy and if I'm happy everyone is happy. Or I could post "Check out Andy and Georgia become Mr & Mrs Wedge 20/9/08 - YouTube" Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing no blackmail mate but I'm sure you'll understand this situation. :stick lol: :stick lol: :stick lol:

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by blackvanman Wed Mar 13 2013, 22:47

stationary stu wrote:Sounds like you've figured it out hope that solves any problems. Very Happy A video would be nice to check out our opinions (you knew I'd ask Laughing Laughing Laughing ). Andy you know I don't like to criticise but there one thing about your pump that makes me cringe when I look at them. Don't take this away from the great resto job you've done just a finishing touch should we say. Well the 4 very long bolts could maybe do with being cut down to the correct length and that would make me very happy and if I'm happy everyone is happy. Or I could post "Check out Andy and Georgia become Mr & Mrs Wedge 20/9/08 - YouTube" Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing no blackmail mate but I'm sure you'll understand this situation. :stick lol: :stick lol: :stick lol:

Stu.
1. How is that blackmail? Did you like the limmo?
2. Partial success this afternoon, couple of mods, belt stayed on and she pumps, BUT as I suspected running off the flywheel was a bad idea Very Happy the pump was going so fast it didn't know what to do with itself Very Happy I knew this would be the case but wanted to see what happened lol, lets just say it was slightly noisy and very bouncy Very Happy Now I need to find hopefully a 4" pulley for the Wolsey.
3. The bolts are a job for later Stu, like I also need to re paint the center of the pump pulley as I had to hit it with a hammer when putting it back together after Dad machined the belt face Smile

They say if you can pee you can paint, my mother always said my aim in that department was crap.
blackvanman
blackvanman
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 14 2013, 12:06

Andy I've only ever seen one size of pully to go on the WD and PT, they come up on ebay about one per month and sell for £20-£40 depending on condition. I'd say you'd have to change the pump pulley if it's still not the correct speed. My WD pully was cracked so I got it welded up, could have bought another one for the price I paid. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Good to hear the studs are going to get the chop Very Happy

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by blackvanman Thu Mar 14 2013, 14:32

stationary stu wrote:Andy I've only ever seen one size of pully to go on the WD and PT, they come up on ebay about one per month and sell for £20-£40 depending on condition. I'd say you'd have to change the pump pulley if it's still not the correct speed. My WD pully was cracked so I got it welded up, could have bought another one for the price I paid. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Good to hear the studs are going to get the chop Very Happy

Stu.
any 1.5" ID pulley will do Smile can get a 4" one from SEP.com if need be Smile

blackvanman
blackvanman
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 15 2013, 13:02

Andy the correct pulley for the WD has 3 holes in it and it's bolted through the back of the flywheel.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by blackvanman Fri Mar 15 2013, 17:31

stationary stu wrote:Andy the correct pulley for the WD has 3 holes in it and it's bolted through the back of the flywheel.

Stu.
yeah I know, they are also mostly over priced and a little like rocking horse pooh for every day purchase Very Happy Hence why I'm going for a quick solution Smile

blackvanman
blackvanman
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 16 2013, 12:24

blackvanman wrote:
stationary stu wrote:Andy the correct pulley for the WD has 3 holes in it and it's bolted through the back of the flywheel.

Stu.
yeah I know, they are also mostly over priced and a little like rocking horse pooh for every day purchase Very Happy Hence why I'm going for a quick solution Smile

Ok I understand now, after all Andrew is a Scotish name :stick lol: :stick lol: :stick lol:

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 20 2013, 13:21

Here you go Andy now get your wallet out. :stick lol: :stick lol: :stick lol:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130870024039?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by blackvanman Wed Mar 20 2013, 13:27

stationary stu wrote:Here you go Andy now get your wallet out. :stick lol: :stick lol: :stick lol:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130870024039?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Stu.
Stu that's 40 quid before any bidding!!!! lol Very Happy Plus the other thing is I really want a 4" pulley for it to slow the pump right down Smile

blackvanman
blackvanman
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 20 2013, 13:48

Excuses Andy not to open your wallet that's all I'm hearing. :stick lol: :stick lol: :stick lol:

Andy have you managed to find a pulley yet? There's a few on ebay the center hole is the same size as a Petter A1 and Lister D but it depends on the key way but you could maybe alter that to fit.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by blackvanman Sun Mar 24 2013, 11:00

stationary stu wrote:Excuses Andy not to open your wallet that's all I'm hearing. :stick lol: :stick lol: :stick lol:

Andy have you managed to find a pulley yet? There's a few on ebay the center hole is the same size as a Petter A1 and Lister D but it depends on the key way but you could maybe alter that to fit.

Stu.
I can get a brand new one as said before from SEP.com Smile

Anyway just for you Stu Very Happy, running on Ed's D type Smile

http://www.flickr.com/photos/82040255@N08/8584610939/

blackvanman
blackvanman
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 24 2013, 12:36

Thank you Andy Very Happy Did you manage ok to get the belt ension set up ok? did you peg the pump down or something else.

Stu.

PS your very rude for not showing Ed's D after he let you try it. tusk tusk Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by blackvanman Sun Mar 24 2013, 12:49

stationary stu wrote:Thank you Andy Very Happy Did you manage ok to get the belt ension set up ok? did you peg the pump down or something else.

Stu.

PS your very rude for not showing Ed's D after he let you try it. tusk tusk Laughing Laughing Laughing
its on another vid Stu Smile

No probs with tension, pegged wheels on pump, all that was needed, when it goes on the WD8 the draw bar will do it Smile

blackvanman
blackvanman
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 24 2013, 13:22

Good to hear you've sorted out the tension and it looks to be running spot on now. I've just seen the other video, Thank you. Joseph Evans & Son, Lion Leo Pump 1954 Restoration - Page 2 Kiss-111

Stu. :angel1:

Back to top Go down

Post by blackvanman Wed Apr 03 2013, 17:31

More progress Smile

This arrived today: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261185777358?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_118wt_1285

Fitted it today, painted it on the inside and will bare up the metal on the face Smile One real bonus, the wd8 is a reverse rotation, obviously there are a few around but not too many as this was a special order from the factory, the bonus? Well, in Wolseley terms (for those that don't know) as I found out when I got this one, reverse rotation means the flywheel runs clockwise, Wolseley work from the cranking side. The Pulley I just bought has a rope cut in the end, not that I'll ever use it, but its set for a clockwise pull, meaning it suits the engine perfectly Smile

Well chuffed Very Happy

On another note, the thrown together trolley on the wd8 kind of broke a little on Saturday lol, so I am currently modifying it ready for Abbey Hill Smile
Joseph Evans & Son, Lion Leo Pump 1954 Restoration - Page 2 2588890777 Joseph Evans & Son, Lion Leo Pump 1954 Restoration - Page 2 2588890777 Joseph Evans & Son, Lion Leo Pump 1954 Restoration - Page 2 2588890777

Also while at Westlands Farm showing the engines the first week we went, the same question was asked a lot, "Why would anyone need a pump?"
So I set about making an educational sheet to explain in simple terms the most common use for such a pump:
CLICK HERE
If anyone would like to print a copy of this to laminate/display with their pump set, they are more than welcome Smile

blackvanman
blackvanman
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04 2013, 14:28

Good information sheet Andy, thanks for sharing with us. Could maybe do with something similar about why do we need stationary engines and there uses as I get asked that a lot. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Andy I'm going to put a copy of your link into the Reference / Download Section.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by blackvanman Thu Apr 04 2013, 17:23

stationary stu wrote:Good information sheet Andy, thanks for sharing with us. Could maybe do with something similar about why do we need stationary engines and there uses as I get asked that a lot. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Andy I'm going to put a copy of your link into the Reference / Download Section.

Stu.
OK no prob, will have a look at making one for "why do we need stationary engines?" lol The idea with the pump sheet was to keep it very simple, will try and do something similar. Smile

blackvanman
blackvanman
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 05 2013, 13:11

Thanks Andy very much appreciated. 👍

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2