www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Yet another Petter A1 !!

+3
jay
kevjhnsn
nutgone
7 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Yet another Petter A1 !! - Page 4 Empty Re: Yet another Petter A1 !!

Post by Andrew1971 Thu Feb 21 2013, 15:01

Hi All
Another Update.
The piston ring's are ok as is the groove's in the piston Very Happy
I am using the magneto of the other petter for now nice big fat spark Very Happy
And using the manifold+carb of the other petter for now Smile
I have had running quite well she's a little fussy on what speed she go's (must be a female Laughing )
Found out what that banging noise was it was the flywheel working loose redid the gib key so far fine Very Happy
She is an easy starter. Now i need to mount it better i have some wood+wheel's. Smile
Many Thanks
Andrew

Andrew1971
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by blackvanman Thu Feb 21 2013, 15:09

Andrew1971 wrote:Hi All
Well the petter i am doing the magneto has a that spacer on it how much end float should there be on it it's got 6 or 7mm and the bearing is moving in the housing how does it come apart to fix. Smile And the impulse spring in not in the magneto any more undid the nut and twang there's a spring in there F**k how do you get it back in Mad Embarassed
Many Thanks
Andew
with patience Very Happy if you get really stuck, you can ship the mag down here and I'll put it back together for you Smile or someone up your way may be able to help. Its better if you can se it being done, then you know for next time Smile

They say if you can pee you can paint, my mother always said my aim in that department was crap.
blackvanman
blackvanman
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew1971 Fri Feb 22 2013, 12:51

I hope there is not a next time !! on a plus note petter is running better Very Happy
I will have to decide on what to do with the other petter spare's or spending to get her to run again depending on cost Sad
Cheer's for the offer of help Blackmanvan thank you Very Happy
Andrew

Andrew1971
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew1971 Sun Feb 24 2013, 15:53

Hi All
Another update
After the last run i noticed the head gasket was leaking a little so off came the head. And discovered it had 2 head gasket's on i mangled one getting 1 off the other came of easy look's like it reusable Smile
I using the head gasket of the other petter look's in better condition.
Are there any torque wrench settings for the cylinder head or is guess work Laughing
I also redid the carb it's still running rich so hope fully when back together it will run better with more compression
then get mixture right with a bit of luck Smile
Andrew

Andrew1971
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone Sun Feb 24 2013, 17:12

Not sure about torque wrench settings, I usually use the torque wrench anyway, but set it close to it's lowest setting, just to get them all done up the same. Then I up it by about 5 Lb/Ft & go round them again & see how it goes. If you think it needs more then keep going up in small increments.

If you haven't got a torque wrench then probably just use guess work, but I prefer to use one if it's available (for the sake of a few minutes to dig it out from it's hiding place).

Someone may have the correct figures for you though, but many of these old engines didn't specify any for head bolts, they just remind you to tighten them down in the correct "flange tightening" sequence. (I have at least 4 different old engine manuals & I don't think any of them give head bolt torque figures).

The name's Matt, but call me Nutts if you like, there's already enough Matt's about.
nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4