www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

First Engine for my Nephews. Lister D, full restoration.

+4
mike d
matt86
Foden
Ianhw77k
8 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

First Engine for my Nephews. Lister D, full restoration. - Page 5 Empty Re: First Engine for my Nephews. Lister D, full restoration.

Post by matt86 Sun Jan 20 2013, 22:34

I think a engine hoist would be the best idea . I have been having a little think since came up in this topic . I could get one and use to load engines in and out of my van with ease . even if your on grass you could lift engine up and drive van / car forward and then lower to the ground . Fold up and jobs a good un Smile

Lots of various types of vehicles going around in my head due to change of circumstances , have been thinking either a van like a sprinter but i have limited space on my drive so only a swb or a 4x4 pick up like a l200 ford ranger etc .

Just to have to have a think what kind of vehicle wold be best .

Matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

First Engine for my Nephews. Lister D, full restoration. - Page 5 Empty Re: First Engine for my Nephews. Lister D, full restoration.

Post by nutgone Sun Jan 20 2013, 23:42

matt86 wrote:I think a engine hoist would be the best idea .................... even if your on grass you could lift engine up and drive van / car forward and then lower to the ground . Fold up and jobs a good un Smile ................

Matt

You're absolutely right, the small wheels could be a pain sometimes, but I was forgetting the fact you can still move the car/van around to suit. If you kept a few planks around you could still keep a little manoeuvrability for final placing of the load. Or, if you were feeling in the mood, you could replace the wheels for larger, industrial type, locking casters.

All worth thinking about.

The name's Matt, but call me Nutts if you like, there's already enough Matt's about.
nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Mon Jan 21 2013, 09:36

Best idea I think, you can buy a 1tonne compact collapsible one for around £130 new on eBay. I'm certinally tempted.

Matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 21 2013, 12:34

matt86 wrote:Best idea I think, you can buy a 1tonne compact collapsible one for around £130 new on eBay. I'm certinally tempted.

Matt

Matt, mine was only £90 secondhand, used once and in very good condition, bought a few months earlier from Machine Mart.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone Mon Jan 21 2013, 12:43

stationary stu wrote:
Matt, mine was only £90 secondhand, used once and in very good condition, bought a few months earlier from Machine Mart.

Stu.

Now that's the kind of thing I'm after. Guess I will have to bide my time & keep my eyes open.

The name's Matt, but call me Nutts if you like, there's already enough Matt's about.
nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Mon Jan 21 2013, 12:46

stationary stu wrote:
matt86 wrote:Best idea I think, you can buy a 1tonne compact collapsible one for around £130 new on eBay. I'm certinally tempted.

Matt

Stu.

I know you can get them cheaper 2nd hand but all tines I looked too far away I might as well buy new due to fuel costs. I will keep my eyes open anyway, that's if nuts isn't bidding on it too Laughing

Matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone Mon Jan 21 2013, 12:52

matt86 wrote: I will keep my eyes open anyway, that's if nuts isn't bidding on it too Laughing

Matt

Good job we live a fair distance apart, no bidding wars that way. Wink

nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianhw77k Mon Jan 21 2013, 20:38

Well, I'm raising funds at the moment, sold an old John Deere mower already and if my last two guns sell I should have a fairly nice kitty to get current projects finished with a bit spare so maybe I'll look at getting one of these. I certainly need something for loading the car before rallies, especially if we're going to be taking this great big lump with us! Shocked
Ianhw77k
Ianhw77k
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone Mon Jan 21 2013, 22:22

Might have another "great lump" coming soon, if I get my way. silent silent silent

(different engine, but probably just as heavy).

nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5