www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

lister h3 pump

Go down

lister h3 pump Empty lister h3 pump

Post by lister warwick Thu Aug 23 2012, 22:02

hi, iv just taken my lister h3 pump to pieces so i can restore it...amongst other issues with the pump the four rubber valve seals are useless...will it work if i use some conveyor belt to make new seals or are the propper ones availible? ..my pump has been badly frost damaged and it has cracked the main body of the pump aswell as pushing the brass end cap out so theres going to have to be a bracket made to hold and make an air tight seal..

cheers warwick

i guess if id of read down the pump threads id of answered my own question Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

lister warwick
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

lister h3 pump Empty Re: lister h3 pump

Post by Guest Fri Aug 24 2012, 11:35

Warwick have you found out your answers? There's one company that sells seals on ebay but I think there expensive but it's up to you what you want to spend. I'm not sure about the H3 or if all the h series pumps have the same size seals. Can you repair the crack with plastic metal? might be worth a try.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lister-H-Water-Pump-Seals-4-x-Neoprene-Seals-/370484534688?pt=UK_BOI_FarmingEquipment_RL&hash=item5642995da0

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by lister warwick Fri Aug 24 2012, 21:02

hi, i think im going to go the conveyor belt route to make the seals.as for the crack it had broken in two pieces and forced the end cap off knackering the threads in the pump body..iv managed to weld it up with cast rods with the stick welder and im going to make some extra long studs from the glad packing boss so the i can bolt the brass end cap on so it makes an air tight seal...

lister warwick
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25 2012, 10:57

Hope it all works put well for you Warwick.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by lister warwick Sat Sep 15 2012, 01:45

the conveyor belt route seems to of worked..if anyones short of some seals i'll be happy to hole saw them some out for free aslong as they cover postage....

lister warwick
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 15 2012, 10:28

Good to hear it's worked out for you. I might contact you for some rubber if and when I get round to restoring my Godwin pump as they'll need some big seals as it's a very large pump.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down