www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Scott PAB Restoration

+8
JONESEY
Diddy
kevjhnsn
mike d
YorkshireChugger
matt86
Foden
Abes
12 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Scott PAB Restoration - Page 4 Empty Re: Scott PAB Restoration

Post by JONESEY Tue Apr 10 2012, 00:07

Looks great Abes
Jonesey
JONESEY
JONESEY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 10 2012, 11:22

Abes that pic is just not right Shocked made my eyes go funny looking at it Laughing Laughing I do agree with the colour match, nice colour all them years ago.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Sun Apr 22 2012, 13:24

Quick update, pulley has now been cut down (to get rid of the chip off the end) and skimmed and new fuel pipe made and fitted so with them jobs done engine is now finished Very Happy
just need to source a starting handle and get her running, pics below

Scott PAB Restoration - Page 4 P4220010
Scott PAB Restoration - Page 4 P4220011

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Sun Apr 22 2012, 18:13

that looks a cracking job mate . are you going to put some wheels on it or leave it as it is so you get a man each end to lift it ?

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Sun Apr 22 2012, 18:21

Cheers mate, toyed with the idea of wheels but quite like the look as it is, surprising it aint that heavy me and Ell have no probs lifting it

matt86 wrote:that looks a cracking job mate . are you going to put some wheels on it or leave it as it is so you get a man each end to lift it ?

matt

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Sun Apr 22 2012, 18:40

Abes wrote:Cheers mate, toyed with the idea of wheels but quite like the look as it is, surprising it aint that heavy me and Ell have no probs lifting it

matt86 wrote:that looks a cracking job mate . are you going to put some wheels on it or leave it as it is so you get a man each end to lift it ?

matt

When will be its trip out then and is Ell on the engine end Laughing Laughing Laughing
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Sun Apr 22 2012, 18:51

LOL hopefully soon just need someone to knock me up a starting handle, lol no Ells on the tank end but dont think she would have any trouble lifting the engine end

matt86 wrote:
Abes wrote:Cheers mate, toyed with the idea of wheels but quite like the look as it is, surprising it aint that heavy me and Ell have no probs lifting it

matt

When will be its trip out then and is Ell on the engine end Laughing Laughing Laughing

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hob Sun Apr 22 2012, 19:25

thats a really great job Abes.......................well done

neville

argosy pump
Villiers mk 15
hob
hob
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 23 2012, 11:16

Well done Abes, nice job.

Stu

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Mon Apr 23 2012, 19:35

Abes wrote:LOL hopefully soon just need someone to knock me up a starting handle, lol no Ells on the tank end but dont think she would have any trouble lifting the engine end

matt86 wrote:

matt

abes , i may be able to knock you up a handle mate .... can you take a picture of where the starting handle should go and Pm me it ?

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Mon Apr 23 2012, 22:41

Hi Matt many thanks mate can i sort the pics tomorrow for you and will you need measurments too, dont need the whole handle making just the bit that fits the starting dog the shaft and the handle i can do myself as that only needs a flat bit of steel and a bit of wood and a bit of rod to hold it

matt86 wrote:
Abes wrote:LOL hopefully soon just need someone to knock me up a starting handle, lol no Ells on the tank end but dont think she would have any trouble lifting the engine end

matt86 wrote:

matt

abes , i may be able to knock you up a handle mate .... can you take a picture of where the starting handle should go and Pm me it ?

matt

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Mon Apr 23 2012, 23:17

Im not promissing anything abes just worth a shot isnt ...

Il try and make the dog part of it though , measurements would be good mate more the merrier

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Mon Apr 23 2012, 23:21

Need some advice on another matter sending you a PM

matt86 wrote:Im not promissing anything abes just worth a shot isnt ...

Il try and make the dog part of it though , measurements would be good mate more the merrier

matt

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Sun Jul 29 2012, 10:45

Well after this being on the backburner for a while and with nowt coming in the yard that i could use for a starting handle i thought i had better knock one up myself that will do the job untill Gary's lad knocks me one out at work, so had a vice handle shaft which was cut down,, a socket with a bit of filing that fitted the shaft, then using a coach bolt a bit of steel tube and a couple of washers for the handle with a bit of welding and the jobs a goodun.
Now the reasons for this post how the bl**dy hell do you start one lol need the sequence of events and maybe some tips and tricks

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 29 2012, 12:05

Ha Ha were not telling you, want to sell it cheap? lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Stu.

Sorry Abes can't help you mate, nothing on you tube?

Back to top Go down

Post by Matth92 Sun Jul 29 2012, 13:02

When I had it it never had a handle, so i belted it to another engine and it did go eventually, tended to flood easily ISTR, there is a thing you pull underneath to drain the sump if you flood it, it did tend to rev pretty high so needs tweaking somewhere

Matth92
Matth92
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Sun Jul 29 2012, 18:02

No i know mate i looked there first, reference selling oh ok you can have it for a tenner, LOL see we can all come out with rubbish jokes LOL

stationary stu wrote:
Sorry Abes can't help you mate, nothing on you tube?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Sun Jul 29 2012, 18:05

Its the bits and bobs that i need to know about it seems to have a lot of bits to tweek and with out knowing what does what it could take for ages lol

Matth92 wrote:When I had it it never had a handle, so i belted it to another engine and it did go eventually, tended to flood easily ISTR, there is a thing you pull underneath to drain the sump if you flood it, it did tend to rev pretty high so needs tweaking somewhere

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 30 2012, 11:46

There's nothing worse then trying to start an engine without knowing all the details. Hopefully you can find some info on it Abes or your going to have one hell of an arm swinging it all day long till you find out the correct settings, or belt it up like Matt did.
I bought a petrol strimmer last year and it's always been a bugger to start, read the instruction and start 2nd pull now Laughing Laughing Laughing men and instruction, taught me something ... read them Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Thu Aug 09 2012, 19:32

IT LIVES, IT LIVES, Very Happy filled it with fuel yesterday and came across the first problem ie the carb was leaking like a sieve so stripped it down but ran out of time due to it getting dark, put it all back together tonight added a new gasket, few turns and nothing so put a dash of fuel down the hole gave it another couple of turns and away she went still needs some fine tuning as smoking a little and running a little fast not sure who was happier me or my nextdoor neighbour who has been waiting ages to hear it running (old motor bike freek), will chuck a vid up once ive got it running how i think it should be

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10 2012, 11:43

Great news Abes I'm happy for you that it's now a runner. Looking forward to seeing the video, don't matter about it being perfect lets see it run Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Fri Aug 10 2012, 20:23

Bugger think i might have counted my chickens before they hatched, went to start it tonight and yes you guessed it bugger all not a sausage well that is except a blister on my hand from cranking the bl**dy starting handle, oh well back to the drawing board lol

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 11 2012, 12:05

Sorry to hear that Abes,can you not think back to what you did the other day and do the same again, just a thought.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianhw77k Sat Aug 11 2012, 21:47

I can sympathise with you there Abes. I've got a Stuart Turner that's behaving like that at the moment Mad

You'll get there in the end mate, I've still got the scar on my thumb from the starting handle blister last week, I've resorted to wearing gloves now, also thinking of resorting to the cordless drill, if I can make something up that'll fit Laughing
Ianhw77k
Ianhw77k
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by JONESEY Sun Aug 12 2012, 01:02

Soft bugger you will have to stop washing up Laughing Laughing Laughing then your hands will harden up Laughing Laughing
Jonesey
JONESEY
JONESEY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next