www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

B.S.A. 120cc stationary engine with 3-1 reduction flatbelt pulley

2 posters

Go down

B.S.A. 120cc  stationary engine with 3-1 reduction flatbelt pulley   Empty B.S.A. 120cc stationary engine with 3-1 reduction flatbelt pulley

Post by kevjhnsn Sun Nov 27 2011, 22:20

hi there been to my local auction today in a 61 plate 99 miles on the clock hire car
and loaded it up with 4x engines 8x various stat fuel tanks, number of flat belts
the car kow has a VINTAGE PETROL incar airfreshner LOL WHOOPPPPSSSY LOL

THE BSA I NEED HELP WITH INFO WERE DO I FIND A DATING POINT OR A HOURSE POWER
THE PLATE ON THEM TELLS YOU EVERYTHING THATS NOT USFULL
THANKS KEV

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

B.S.A. 120cc  stationary engine with 3-1 reduction flatbelt pulley   Empty Re: B.S.A. 120cc stationary engine with 3-1 reduction flatbelt pulley

Post by Guest Mon Nov 28 2011, 10:40

Kev sounds like a good idea get onto Dragons den, car air freshener for engine enthusuiasts and petrol heads. lol! lol!

It's just a car doing what it has to do carrying engines etc it doesn't matter how old it is as long as it's not mine lol! lol! lol!

Not sure about the markings on a BSA, being truthful I can't remember if mine has any or not maybe Mike can have a look and tell you Laughing Laughing Laughing

Kev have you any idea what the engine was used in? sometimes the lawn mower forum can help.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

B.S.A. 120cc  stationary engine with 3-1 reduction flatbelt pulley   Empty Re: B.S.A. 120cc stationary engine with 3-1 reduction flatbelt pulley

Post by kevjhnsn Tue Nov 29 2011, 02:39

stationary stu wrote:Kev sounds like a good idea get onto Dragons den, car air freshener for engine enthusuiasts and petrol heads. lol! lol!

It's just a car doing what it has to do carrying engines etc it doesn't matter how old it is as long as it's not mine lol! lol! lol!

Not sure about the markings on a BSA, being truthful I can't remember if mine has any or not maybe Mike can have a look and tell you Laughing Laughing Laughing

Kev have you any idea what the engine was used in? sometimes the lawn mower forum can help.

Stu.

hi there stu it has a 3-1 reverse reduction box fitted with a cast flatbelt pulley for 3" wide flatbelt and belt came with
################# LOL LOLengine came with belt LOL LOL i was bidding for the belt for the wx11 and the lister A
at end of auction paid and invoice said flatbelt with engine
so its from a bale elevator or the farming scene not from the mower scene
but will pop over there to mowerclub and have a dig around
thanks kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Tue Nov 29 2011, 13:48

hi Kev..
sounds like you had a good out..and invented a new air freshener in the bargain...
i recon it could make you a lot of money,give peter Jones a call,hes well helpful...
good luck with it all
regards,mike...
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 29 2011, 14:48

Kev it must have been a good deal to get the belt at the right price and find an engine with it. You could always do a search for elevators and see what comes up Rolling Eyes you might find something there about it.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 29 2011, 17:21

we had one.

B.S.A. 120cc  stationary engine with 3-1 reduction flatbelt pulley   Photo4

BSA 120 or 120cc 2800rpm about 1 1/2hp dating from around 58/59.

Cheers Steve

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Tue Nov 29 2011, 17:51

hi there mine i was thinking was from 4/59 as there is a stamped number on the backplate, behind the flywheel with the electrics mounted on
and the steve adds this photo and info to prove im in the write age zone
tere a heavy lump for there size cast iron block sump and i think piston going of the speed of drop to bottom dead center
thanks kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Mon Dec 05 2011, 03:53

hi there guys
i know its a late or early morning post but ive been up with my doughters as they a crying the place up with colds BLESS THEM
WHISKEY in theRE milk would be great for me but the POLICE OR health visits would be less than empressed with it BUT IT SAYS 18 ON THE LABEL
YES 18 YEARS not 18 MONTHS OF AGE LOL LOL LOL LOL
sunday afternoon i had a go at starting the bsa for the first time and second pull away she went like a spring chicken soot and sparts from the exhurst
and as i was exspecting it to be a smoker to my suprise she is a none smoker whoop whoop lol lol
i whent in for a cup of tea while she was going and baking the exhurst paint on then i heard a choking coff and then splutter to a stop
whent out to check the fuel and the tank slurpped air in when removed cap .
so theres a good seal on the tank top BUT THE BREATHER IS BLOCKED ,
swapped the cap for another villiers cap and she ran until the tank was M/T
SO ALL IN ALL VERY HAPPY WITH IT FOR A TENNNER AND THAT WAS FOR THE FLATBELT LOL LOL LOL
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO AGE THESE BSAs better than my educated guess of 1958/9 ???
thanks kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 05 2011, 10:49

Sorry to hear your children arn't well and hope there feeling better soon and you can all get a good nights sleep.

Great to hear the BSA is a good un and runs well you got yourself a good deal there. Sorry but I not nothing about dating a BSA but if you do find anything out I'd be interested as I've 5 to date.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Tue Dec 06 2011, 00:22

stationary stu wrote:Sorry to hear your children arn't well and hope there feeling better soon and you can all get a good nights sleep.

Great to hear the BSA is a good un and runs well you got yourself a good deal there. Sorry but I not nothing about dating a BSA but if you do find anything out I'd be interested as I've 5 to date.

Stu.

hi there stu
have you seen a bsa 120cc with a waterpump before
i cant say ive seen one .
i have one but engine is incomplete with it
that was the donnor for this one
thanks kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 06 2011, 01:00

kevjhnsn wrote:hi there stu
have you seen a bsa 120cc with a waterpump before
i cant say ive seen one .
i have one but engine is incomplete with it
that was the donnor for this one
thanks kev

They done up to the 420cc fitted with a water pump.

Cheers Steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 06 2011, 10:07

I've a 420cc with just a reduction fitted.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Wed Dec 07 2011, 21:25

HI THERE
YES BUT ARE THERE MANY 120CC AROUND WITH THE WATERPUMP FITTED ???????
AND THE REDUCTION BOX 120cc ONES
ALSO WHAT SHADE OF MAROON WAS THE PAINT FOR THE BSA
AND THE GREEN PAINT THEY USED ?????/
THANKS KEV

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Fri Mar 16 2012, 23:14

here the videos of the bsa at last now i have a camera that has good sound quality
instead of like inside a washing machine lol

first run after rebuild on oily engine and 2 stroke oily almost stail petrol

first run on new petrol just PETROL

and from flat out to a nice tick over speed

hope you like this
thanks kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 17 2012, 11:25

Great videos Kev, thanks for posting.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down