www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Latest acqusitions

3 posters

Go down

Latest acqusitions Empty Latest acqusitions

Post by Chippie Sun Jul 24 2011, 19:13

Won two Petter A1's on Ebay last week and picked them up today....

Both complete but one was 'seized'

I also bagged a couple of Villiers mk10/12's off the same seller although not complete, these will serve as donor units for my others...

As for the Petters, I managed to free the 'seized' one although the usual problem of the sticking exhaust valve remains..the other unit turns over but is firing back thru the carb..

Not a worry for me, just needs some fettling, but best of all both are complete and with the original two I bought some months ago I ought to be able to have two working engines...

Well please I am... Very Happy

Chippie
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Latest acqusitions Empty Re: Latest acqusitions

Post by kevjhnsn Sun Jul 24 2011, 22:42

Chippie wrote:Won two Petter A1's on Ebay last week and picked them up today....

Both complete but one was 'seized'

I also bagged a couple of Villiers mk10/12's off the same seller although not complete, these will serve as donor units for my others...

As for the Petters, I managed to free the 'seized' one although the usual problem of the sticking exhaust valve remains..the other unit turns over but is firing back thru the carb..

Not a worry for me, just needs some fettling, but best of all both are complete and with the original two I bought some months ago I ought to be able to have two working engines...

Well please I am... Very Happy
i HAD THAT PROBLEM WITH MY PETTER A1 WHEN I SERVICED THE MAG I REMOVED IT AGAIN AND TURNED the mag 180* degres on the to realine the bakerlite disc and its never backfired since hope this helps
thanks kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Sun Jul 24 2011, 23:47

well done mate,keep us posted on the progress and some photos as well..
regards,mike...
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Chippie Mon Jul 25 2011, 13:03

i HAD THAT PROBLEM WITH MY PETTER A1 WHEN I SERVICED THE MAG I REMOVED IT AGAIN AND TURNED the mag 180* degres on the to realine the bakerlite disc and its never backfired since hope this helps
thanks kev

Thanks for the tip, it could be that the mixture is too lean, but not having had anything to do with the Zenith carb before I dont know how to adjust it....If it can even be adjusted.. Question

I must get round to posting some fotos..... Very Happy

Chippie
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down