www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Petter m 3hp, progress being made at last

+9
Biggsy
graham kent
billypurves
Abes
kevjhnsn
JONESEY
mike d
matt86
ian webb
13 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Petter m 3hp, progress being made at last - Page 4 Empty Re: Petter m 3hp, progress being made at last

Post by Ianhw77k Mon Jul 16 2012, 21:19

Fantastic job you've done there. Beautiful engine Smile
Ianhw77k
Ianhw77k
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Petter m 3hp, progress being made at last - Page 4 Empty Re: Petter m 3hp, progress being made at last

Post by billypurves Mon Jul 16 2012, 21:25

Well done Ian.......whats next?
billypurves
billypurves
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by ian webb Mon Jul 16 2012, 23:22

Hi all, thanks for the comments, well next on the cards is Mike D's sunshine engine, as some of you may know it came from the same place as mine and has a few issues, nothing i cant fix i hope, Mike hasnt been on here for a while as hes very busy getting on with the workshop and one thing and another, thats all coming along nicely and wont be long before hes all finished, so at the mo his engines are buried deep under tools etc etc and all the wood and tools being used for constructing his workshop, so im having a cpl of weeks getting straight sorting my van things the kids want made repaired etc, then ill have his engine over and start on that, also got Abes auto truck to go and get running, and find myself a dynamo or 3phase motor to convert, next rally for me is Purbeck in august, also got next door neighbours Pajero to put back together, last person to do timing belt couldnt have tightened bottom pulley enough, it was running on three then two cylinders, he doesnt like to bother me so he got a mechanic round well ill say no more about him, apart from he said injectors, he replaced two which didnt cure it, then said ill come back and remove pump and have it reconditined, at this point i told my neighbour NO NO NO NO, I will look at it, i checked pump timing and was clear to see it was well out as the bottom pulley was moving half inch quarter of an inch either side of keyway, so new sprocket bolt bottom pulley woodruf key and belt and away we go i hope, bits have now arrived, so there you all go, if i dissapear for a few days you know im very busy elsewhere,
Ian

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianhw77k Tue Jul 17 2012, 08:42

You sound like a very useful neighbour to have Laughing
Ianhw77k
Ianhw77k
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 17 2012, 12:11

Your sure keeping busy Ian, send Mike all my best and tell the old git not to over do it, as if he'll listen. Sounds like your busy for a few weeks so if you can just pop in so we know your still with us. Looking forward to seeing the full report on the Sunshine as it's such a nice engine and I can't wait to see it up and running the way it should be.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Tue Jul 17 2012, 17:13

busy as per normal Ian .... us mechanics always gets tapped up for jobs .... lucky for me i have not been living where i am for too long and not many people know me or what i do for work so that way i can please myself and just my family and close friends .... That chap who was superposed to be a mechanic .... one of the 1st things to check if was missing on a cylinder or 2 would be the pump timing surley you ask me Rolling Eyes

Anyway Ian good luck will it all , see you at purbeck

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DanBoy Tue Jul 17 2012, 19:24

That engine looks and sound superb Ian. A credit to all your hard work. cheers

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ian webb Wed Jul 18 2012, 21:53

Once again thanks for the comments on the engine, i think i have finished welding the van tonight, had to remake two wheel arches as well so they now need the filler rubbing down etc but getting there, i had all day put aside for working on it and never got near it till about 7pm due to weather AGAIN, in the meantime ive done a job thats been bugging me, one of the jaws on my vice had come loose, at some time in its life it had bolts in them but the heads riveted over so it always wobbled a bit, well i drilled them out re tapped them M8 and nice new countersink bolts in, its like new now, got a few more things to do to van but i can see an end at last,
Ian

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4