www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Petter m 3hp, progress being made at last

+9
Biggsy
graham kent
billypurves
Abes
kevjhnsn
JONESEY
mike d
matt86
ian webb
13 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Petter m 3hp, progress being made at last - Page 2 Empty Re: Petter m 3hp, progress being made at last

Post by JONESEY Thu Jun 28 2012, 07:14

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing :lol:good one Abes that's the auto truck not running for a bit longer Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Slim jim Jonesey Very Happy Very Happy
JONESEY
JONESEY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Petter m 3hp, progress being made at last - Page 2 Empty Re: Petter m 3hp, progress being made at last

Post by ian webb Thu Jun 28 2012, 11:46

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Abes is getting very cheeky lately i wouldnt dare speak about my Doctor like that, mind you the old ones do come out with comments like that and dont realise they have said these things so maybe i can overlook it Abes Wink , lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Ian

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ian webb Thu Jun 28 2012, 11:49

Oh yes and forgot to say no progress on the engine today as its Er indoors birthday so not sure if i can sneak an hour or two in or not today, and need to go to work tonight and recoup some of the money spent on her lol, damn birthdays they do get in the way of engines,
i did get the head/hopper back on last night so looking mighty fine now, pics to follow later,
Ian

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ian webb Thu Jun 28 2012, 11:54

Only me again also forgot to say have a look on the back cover of this months SE mag theres a pic of Jamie Coates sons 1.5hp petter m with Wico EK mag the same as mine, jamie did say that engine went to Cornwall with mine originally, and it also says there not often found, well thats good news for me,
Ian

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ian webb Thu Jun 28 2012, 15:52

ian webb wrote:Oh yes and forgot to say no progress on the engine today as its Er indoors birthday so not sure if i can sneak an hour or two in or not today, and need to go to work tonight and recoup some of the money spent on her lol, damn birthdays they do get in the way of engines,
i did get the head/hopper back on last night so looking mighty fine now, pics to follow later,
Ian

Ok i took my life in my own hands lol, while she was happily unwrapping pressies cards etc i crept out and took a cpl more pics of yesterdays progress, excuse the exhaust pipe itself its temporary im waiting for my copper one to return,
Ian

Petter m 3hp, progress being made at last - Page 2 IMG_0360-1

Petter m 3hp, progress being made at last - Page 2 IMG_0359

Petter m 3hp, progress being made at last - Page 2 IMG_0356-1

Petter m 3hp, progress being made at last - Page 2 IMG_0357

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Thu Jun 28 2012, 16:17

now that is looking the bees knees Ian Very Happy

The shine in the paint is fantastic ....Is it all brushed ?

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ian webb Thu Jun 28 2012, 18:29

Yes Matt its all brushed, prob wont be like that after its run a few times, but i have the pics to show it shined once lol,
Ian

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Petter m 3hp, progress being made at last - Page 2 Empty re petter m

Post by graham kent Thu Jun 28 2012, 18:57

looks good hopfuly see it durington if ready cheers lol! lol! lol! lol!
graham kent
graham kent
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by ian webb Fri Jun 29 2012, 19:26

Hi all,
i went to pick up my exhaust today this is it i really pleased with it,

Petter m 3hp, progress being made at last - Page 2 IMG_0361-1

Petter m 3hp, progress being made at last - Page 2 IMG_0362-1

wife says its like me on a good day, i dont know know what she means lol! lol! lol! lol!

well after a bit of bending and hammering i came up with this,

Petter m 3hp, progress being made at last - Page 2 IMG_0366-2

hope you all approve,
a big thanks to Abes for supplying the copper pipe and First Choice metal spinning of Christchurch owned by a friend of mine,
Ian

Petter m 3hp, progress being made at last - Page 2 IMG_0365-2

bit longer than id imagined i thought he was going to flare the 2ft of pipe i gave him but no he decided to have a play and added a few touches like the brass top, im well chuffed with it,
this is how it will polish up,

Petter m 3hp, progress being made at last - Page 2 IMG_0371-1

Petter m 3hp, progress being made at last - Page 2 IMG_0369-1

Petter m 3hp, progress being made at last - Page 2 IMG_0367-2

Petter m 3hp, progress being made at last - Page 2 IMG_0370-1

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Fri Jun 29 2012, 19:46

Looks brilliant mate, your mate has done a first class job you should tell him he could have quite a profitable sideline doing them

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ian webb Fri Jun 29 2012, 19:51

He will do them for people but they would have to get a quote of him, hes made the big ones for traction engines as well in the past,
im pleased with it, only concern is if its too long it may cause oil to build up and run back down but well see it could be shortened if needs be,
Ian

Last edited by ian webb on Fri Jun 29 2012, 19:52; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling lol)

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JONESEY Sat Jun 30 2012, 01:24

Looks great Ian but you may lose a lot of power don't forget it's works like a two stroke so back pressure will be all wrong
Jonesey
JONESEY
JONESEY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy Sat Jun 30 2012, 08:30

is she running yet?
hope to see her running on youtube
Biggsy
Biggsy
Expert
Expert

http://damned2hell.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 30 2012, 11:24

The pipe does look impresive but I think a little shorter for the exhaust gases to escape, don't know how you could find out the correct length unless it's trial and error. Thinking about it when engines were installed in big houses as generators they used long exhaust pipes so don't know if there's some measurement to use for it to be correct or was it guess work.
It's a bit of a headache but sure you'll sort it, (it's does look good Very Happy )

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by ian webb Sat Jun 30 2012, 12:55

Thanks for all the comments, the pipe itself is only about 2ft long it looks long from how ive taken the pics but the exhaust pot sits high up, at the last two rallies weve been two theres a chap there with a 5hp, his pipe is as long if not longer and his runs spot on, ive never seen a petter run like it there is and i mean it no smoke or oil spots whatsoever its unbelievable Mike D has seen it running, the chap that owns it works in the same building as petters Wink Wink and it has been rebuilt, so im hoping my pipe wont be to long but like weve said and my thoughts as well it might not work but at least well know for future reference,
Ian

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Sat Jun 30 2012, 13:16

Hey Ian if it dont work mate chuck it my way will look the dogs on the Lister A lol

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Matth92 Sat Jun 30 2012, 13:46

ian webb wrote:Thanks for all the comments, the pipe itself is only about 2ft long it looks long from how ive taken the pics but the exhaust pot sits high up, at the last two rallies weve been two theres a chap there with a 5hp, his pipe is as long if not longer and his runs spot on, ive never seen a petter run like it there is and i mean it no smoke or oil spots whatsoever its unbelievable Mike D has seen it running, the chap that owns it works in the same building as petters Wink Wink and it has been rebuilt, so im hoping my pipe wont be to long but like weve said and my thoughts as well it might not work but at least well know for future reference,
Ian

Do you mean Chris's?
it is working very hard driving that dynamo, thats why it runs so well

Matth92
Matth92
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ian webb Sat Jun 30 2012, 14:25

yes thats the one chris's engine, yes it is working hard, but hes told me a few tips so well give it a go,
Ian

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 01 2012, 11:53

Sounds like you've got it sorted Ian, can't wait to see it running on video. Have you got a suitable load ready to run with it?

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by ian webb Sun Jul 01 2012, 14:45

no load yet, were on the case though, something will turn up,
Ian

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Matth92 Sun Jul 01 2012, 20:06

A big centrifugal pump would make her work hard

Matth92
Matth92
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ian webb Sun Jul 01 2012, 20:14

Ok boys here were go, a short vid of its very first run since rebuild, its not running 100% and havent even tried on oil yet running on petrol at the mo while getting set up, couldnt run too long as its late and dont want to p+++s the neighbours off they are very tolerant of me,
comments please,
Ian
Click on pic to view vid

Petter m 3hp, progress being made at last - Page 2 Th_VID00042-20120701-1938

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Sun Jul 01 2012, 20:40

Sounds pretty good to me mate and certainly looks the dogs love to see it in the flesh so to speak as vids never give you the full picture and sound, give yourself a well deserved pat on the back for a first class job done.

Oh and reference comments ummm whales are very big or is that a statement lol was always crap at english at school

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Sun Jul 01 2012, 20:49

Ian photobucket has been playing up for me recently even with me trying to uplaod pictures ...

when you get 5 could you email me the video as a attachment mate ....

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JONESEY Mon Jul 02 2012, 00:38

Looks and sounds fantastic, it was worth all the waiting
Well done that man
Jonesey
JONESEY
JONESEY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next