www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

International M trolley building & restoration

+6
hob
kevjhnsn
Foden
JONESEY
Abes
matt86
10 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

International M trolley building & restoration  - Page 2 Empty Re: International M trolley building & restoration

Post by matt86 Fri Apr 06 2012, 11:17

Abes wrote:Dont worry Matt there's no rush and it will be all the sweeter when its fully restored and up and running, Matt did you find out where Jonesey got the axel blocks from in the end as could do with some of them myself

no not yet , perhaps we should ask him again ....

Chris where did you get the axle blocks from ? Laughing

Size and price would be good too ,

cheers , matt .... and Abes lol! lol!
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

International M trolley building & restoration  - Page 2 Empty Re: International M trolley building & restoration

Post by matt86 Fri Apr 06 2012, 11:31

Abes wrote:Dont worry Matt there's no rush and it will be all the sweeter when its fully restored and up and running, Matt did you find out where Jonesey got the axel blocks from in the end as could do with some of them myself

You are true there mate , its not being restored paintwork wise , just a degrease and a oil over . Will look pucker once on the trolley .

With these new parts im getting what is the best thing to do regarding painting them .... There all pipes so will just be steel , paint in red oxide or paint green or leave them to go slightly rusty before oiling them .... opinions please ???

Done a little bit more on it today , got that dreadful bodge up for the fuel pump and the flicker arm that he made for it off and bodged fuel lines , even dug the leaves out the hopper and i also found a American coin in there too Laughing Water flows through there nicley now Smile Can do much more now on it untill have the wheels and get the steel for trolley .

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 06 2012, 12:41

Sorry to hear all is not well with the fuel system Matt, give it time you get it sorted even if you have to do some repairs on the tank till you better of financially to replace it.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Fri Apr 06 2012, 13:39

I would let them go el rusty/tarnished and then oil, think if you paint them there stand out like the dogs danglies that is unless your going to age the paint to blend in

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Fri Apr 06 2012, 14:45

stationary stu wrote:Sorry to hear all is not well with the fuel system Matt, give it time you get it sorted even if you have to do some repairs on the tank till you better of financially to replace it.

Stu.

stu there is morr pin holes than a sieve Laughing the material is so thin to solder and is lots of blobs of solder on the tank at the moment , stu the tank is not alot of money its all the other parts , fuel tank is around £60 and the fuel pump is around £70 , fuel filler assembly with pipes is £30 ish the water valve for the car is £28 ish . You can see how the list gets bigger and bigger .

I see it this way if doing a job do it right ! If im ordering from the states might as well have 1 big order than sevral small ones saves me money in the long run in postage and import .

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Fri Apr 06 2012, 14:48

Abes wrote:I would let them go el rusty/tarnished and then oil, think if you paint them there stand out like the dogs danglies that is unless your going to age the paint to blend in

You right there abes , i might as well paint them red if was going to do that lol ! but how to get them to go rusty quackish .... leave them outside for a week before fitting on the engine ? or how about sprinkling some salt over them ...?

end of day im in no rush but would be nice to get it sorted this summer funds permitting .

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Fri Apr 06 2012, 17:25

If your going to go the rusty route dont forget to block the ends up first you dont want the insides going rusty, recon a week outside would do the trick

matt86 wrote:
Abes wrote:I would let them go el rusty/tarnished and then oil, think if you paint them there stand out like the dogs danglies that is unless your going to age the paint to blend in

You right there abes , i might as well paint them red if was going to do that lol ! but how to get them to go rusty quackish .... leave them outside for a week before fitting on the engine ? or how about sprinkling some salt over them ...?

end of day im in no rush but would be nice to get it sorted this summer funds permitting .

matt

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Fri Apr 06 2012, 17:31

Abes wrote:If your going to go the rusty route dont forget to block the ends up first you dont want the insides going rusty, recon a week outside would do the trick

matt86 wrote:

matt

Thats a good point abes ... block it up with something plastic or get some insulation tape over threads and ends .

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Fri Apr 06 2012, 20:45

Grease the threads then wrap insulating tape around them and the ends that should do the trick

matt86 wrote:
Abes wrote:If your going to go the rusty route dont forget to block the ends up first you dont want the insides going rusty, recon a week outside would do the trick

matt86 wrote:

matt

Thats a good point abes ... block it up with something plastic or get some insulation tape over threads and ends .

matt

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Sat Apr 07 2012, 02:46

matt
found this while rooting on the net
i think you may like this one available 1.5, 3 ,6hp
http://www.rallybadges.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=46_65&products_id=1796&osCsid=ebb78ef6ce66bbde58438f70f774745f
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Sat Apr 07 2012, 06:44

Thanks for that kev but that is the wrong plate for my engine due to it being for a ignitor engine and mine is a later 1925 spark plug engine Embarassed So unless they have one without the ignitor and striker i will have to leave it .

Thanks again , matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Sat Apr 07 2012, 21:04

Picked these wheels up today for the trolley

International M trolley building & restoration  - Page 2 DSC00916

one set is 12" and the other is 9" . Will go together nicley , just need to measure and find out what size the holes are , cross fingers are the same .

Also had a parcel today i picked up from post office

These International M trolley building & restoration  - Page 2 DSC00917

International M trolley building & restoration  - Page 2 DSC00918

Some fella from the states i was talking to posted to me FOC ... very helpfull and kind chap i must say !

Does anyone know the differences with the numbers ... ? All are same thread and reach , i am assuming its the heat range .

Another view of the plug ...note number 2 plug looks a big unusual

1 International M trolley building & restoration  - Page 2 DSC00919
2International M trolley building & restoration  - Page 2 DSC00920
3International M trolley building & restoration  - Page 2 DSC00921

matt

matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 08 2012, 10:05

Nice pressie Matt, if you go on Green spark plugs web site you should be able to cross match them.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Sun Apr 08 2012, 12:55

stationary stu wrote:Nice pressie Matt, if you go on Green spark plugs web site you should be able to cross match them.

Stu.

stu i have tried that and they do not list autolite spark plugs ....

for some reason the forum is cutting my pictures short from phtobucket too i have noticed Question
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hob Sun Apr 08 2012, 13:10

matt86 wrote:

for some reason the forum is cutting my pictures short from phtobucket too i have noticed Question

there are 2 factors that cause that............first is the size you resize to before uploading to photobucket

second is the screen resolution set on your computer.

my eyes are not good close to things so i set my computer to 960 x 600 to make things look bigger this causes lots of images to do that. i normally resize mine to 600 pixels on the biggest size so they fit.

my images may appear a bit small to you but look ok to me.

somewhere in the admin setup for the site should be an auto resize setting but i don't know exactly where ....................requires admin access to alter that setting.

argosy pump
Villiers mk 15
hob
hob
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Sun Apr 08 2012, 13:59

i could have a look and see about it but il have a word with the other lads before go changing anything ...

Il try resizing images 1st

cheers , matt

ps im from a laptop onto a monitor so size has been made to zoom in a tad
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hob Sun Apr 08 2012, 14:59

try resizing the same image to 3 or 4 sizes width wise...........say 600 then 800 then 1000 and maybe 1200 pixels wide upload them all to photobucket then test post them here in the shed to see how they look

that should give you an idea on what size to resize future images

i agree that altering admin settings is not a good idea unless you know exactly what to do.

neville

argosy pump
Villiers mk 15
hob
hob
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Sun Apr 08 2012, 15:11

O i think i have had a moment ...

I zoomed the screen out with cntl - and i can see all of the pictures fine .... what a prat rodney !

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 09 2012, 12:00

I had problems a few days ago re-sizing pics on photo bucket, I was on for about an hour and nothing I did got the size I wanted so don't know what's wrong there.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Thu Jul 26 2012, 20:54

right lads been a bit quiet on this topic but i have started to pull my finger out ....

I have won a complete working carb off ebay.com and just waiting for it to arrive . I sent a order off to hit and miss for a few gaskets , pipe fitting and parts books only $62 worth one get parts book i can see what the rest of parts i need are ...

Oh i also sent my magneto off to vintage magnetos , got a phone call off him tonight saying needs a new coil rewind and condenser and a good clean up ....so soon il be able to get her running on the petrol pot side of the carb Smile

and i have a day off work tomorow and not much to do so i think il go get the steel for the trolley and go get the wheels shot blasted . well the weather is so nice so why not have a day messing with engine bits .

matt

PS Pictures to follow when i have some more
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Wed Aug 01 2012, 21:50

Right lads i have been busy last few night doing the metalwork for the trolley .

There will be a wooden frame on top of this where the engine will be sat on that .

International M trolley building & restoration  - Page 2 IMAG0428

International M trolley building & restoration  - Page 2 IMAG0430

International M trolley building & restoration  - Page 2 IMAG0431

International M trolley building & restoration  - Page 2 IMAG0432

International M trolley building & restoration  - Page 2 IMAG0435

International M trolley building & restoration  - Page 2 IMAG0436

International M trolley building & restoration  - Page 2 IMAG0438

International M trolley building & restoration  - Page 2 IMAG0440

International M trolley building & restoration  - Page 2 IMAG0442

International M trolley building & restoration  - Page 2 IMAG0443

Think its turned out quite well to be honest and steers alot smoother that the other trolley i have made . Take note of the Big washer on the front axle to act as a turn table ...

Just the handle to make now and the metal work is finished .

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Wed Aug 01 2012, 21:55

oh i though you were going to use tube for the axles,like in the book...
will make it lighter to move feller...don't they have wooden bearers on them as well instead of metal ones.... scratch
you getting me confused old man.??????? scratch scratch scratch scratch
mike...

mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Wed Aug 01 2012, 22:06

mike d wrote:oh i though you were going to use tube for the axles,like in the book...
will make it lighter to move feller...don't they have wooden bearers on them as well instead of metal ones.... scratch
you getting me confused old man.??????? scratch scratch scratch scratch
mike...

I would of used tube but the hubs on the wheels are not verry accommodating so would only end up using 1/2 tube and i don't think would be verry strong...

Yes there will be a wooden frame on top of that metal one ... just wait and see Il be making a start putting the wooden frame on it tomorrow evening mate , there will be pics to follow .

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Wed Aug 01 2012, 22:13

yes i get you now..but the one i sold you was all wood wasn't it ??????? scratch scratch scratch

mike....

mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Wed Aug 01 2012, 22:18

mike d wrote:yes i get you now..but the one i sold you was all wood wasn't it ??????? scratch scratch scratch

mike....

it was mush i am using that to go on the top see ..... but not with the cross braces i dont think as it is too wide to get through my gate its man enough for a 6hp engine i would say the chap who cut the wood was not afraid on over estimating lol .

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next