www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

large Godwin pump part 5,nearly there now.

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

large Godwin pump part 5,nearly there now. Empty large Godwin pump part 5,nearly there now.

Post by mike d Fri May 13 2011, 13:47

HI ALL..
its getting closer to finishing now,ive spent a few days cleaning the top of the pump and the drive shaft.
its come up quite well,dont know why they paint all the aluminium,it looks much better cleaned up,and before anyone asks no i haven't sprayed it with silver paint,its all back to the bear aluminum.
i would like to have it put back together today,but i doubt it as i need someone to lift the top of the pump on the base for me,as its quite heavy for me due to my back problem.

large Godwin pump part 5,nearly there now. 100_0327

large Godwin pump part 5,nearly there now. 100_0328
regards.mike.
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

large Godwin pump part 5,nearly there now. Empty Re: large Godwin pump part 5,nearly there now.

Post by Guest Fri May 13 2011, 13:55

Mike I think you should buy your wife a garden hammock/swing. Now your saying why!!! Well I have one in my garden and it's easy to move, nice to sit on in the sun but best of all it will lift an engine or anything else heavy (lifted my Lister G when I made a new trolley for it). So you wife thinks your being all lovin and caring, little does she know lol! lol! lol!

Stu.

Back to top Go down

large Godwin pump part 5,nearly there now. Empty Re: large Godwin pump part 5,nearly there now.

Post by mike d Fri May 13 2011, 14:13

stationary stu wrote:Mike I think you should buy your wife a garden hammock/swing. Now your saying why!!! Well I have one in my garden and it's easy to move, nice to sit on in the sun but best of all it will lift an engine or anything else heavy (lifted my Lister G when I made a new trolley for it). So you wife thinks your being all loving and caring, little does she know lol! lol! lol!

Stu.

STU..
how can you lift an engine with a garden hammock?? scratch scratch
youve got me stumped now,(not very hard to do that i know). lol! lol!
regards,mike.
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Appletop Fri May 13 2011, 16:02

You get of light!!! My big ol' Godwin is cast iron! That is heavy compared to your light weight ali one.

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Fri May 13 2011, 23:32

Villiers wrote:You get of light!!! My big ol' Godwin is cast iron! That is heavy compared to your light weight ali one.

yes it mite be aluminum but its bloody heavy thats for sure,when i collected it from somerset the fella i bought and his mate put it in the boot of my car,and it sank on the ass end.i cant believe the amount of brass it has on it,if i stripped all the brass and aluminum of it i would get a tidy penny for it all.they dont make things like these nowadays..
regards..mike.
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BRASSO Sat May 14 2011, 11:51

Very nice mike, looks like you have been poliching that up alright.

I agree it looks superb.

Cheers

Mart.

BRASSO
BRASSO
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Sat May 14 2011, 23:55

HI MART....
thanks for the praise,coming from an expert like your self its realy appreciated...
how you little venture coming along??
mike...
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 16 2011, 18:52

mike d wrote:
stationary stu wrote:Mike I think you should buy your wife a garden hammock/swing. Now your saying why!!! Well I have one in my garden and it's easy to move, nice to sit on in the sun but best of all it will lift an engine or anything else heavy (lifted my Lister G when I made a new trolley for it). So you wife thinks your being all loving and caring, little does she know lol! lol! lol!

Stu.

STU..
how can you lift an engine with a garden hammock?? scratch scratch
youve got me stumped now,(not very hard to do that i know). lol! lol!
regards,mike.

Mike .... Sorry I ment a garden swing, I wasn't with it at the time Laughing Laughing

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Mon May 16 2011, 23:05

STU...

you say you weren't with it at the time,but what paul says your like it all the time... lol! lol!
can you do an instructional video please.. lol!
regards..mike..
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BRASSO Mon May 16 2011, 23:20

mike d wrote:HI MART....
thanks for the praise,coming from an expert like your self its realy appreciated...
how you little venture coming along??
mike...

Its coming along niceley thanks Mike, more photos to post soon!

Getting nice and high on paint fumes most evenings!! Who needs drugs or alchohol!!!!!!!!! lol!

Wheels are all painted now, 2 primer and 4 top coat.

Engine on top coat no. 3

Trolley all varnished and looking like glass!! (5 coats)

Just waiting for varnish to harden a bit before fixing axles on and then wheels. Just gotta find someone with an engine hoist for transfering over now. (How I wish I had bought one of them from Aldi the other day)!!!

SO to sum up Mike, been ruddy busy!!! cheers cheers cheers

Regards

Mart.
BRASSO
BRASSO
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Mon May 16 2011, 23:32

martin...
i know what you mean,its taking me longer to do these jobs now..
as my back gets worse i tend to take longer than i used to...
like paul said,its an age thing.... lol! lol!
regards..mike..
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 17 2011, 10:51

Mike I used a swing frame as a gantry to lift an engine.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Thu May 19 2011, 01:39

stationary stu wrote:Mike I used a swing frame as a gantry to lift an engine.

Stu.

send us a video of it mate...no im not calling you a liar.. lol! lol! Laughing Laughing
sounds like a great idea..
regards..mike..
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 19 2011, 10:31

Mike that was last year when I built the steel frame for the Lister G. I'll sort some pics out to show you how I did it. Ye of little faith. lol!

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Thu May 19 2011, 10:48

stationary stu wrote:Mike that was last year when I built the steel frame for the Lister G. I'll sort some pics out to show you how I did it. Ye of little faith. lol!

Stu.

Stu..you know me better than that,im very curious as to how i would work,if i see the photos it mite be something i can use to help me
i have to wait for my sons to come round as i cant do any heavy lifting(well im not supposed to)you know the score..
regards..mike...
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Wed Jul 13 2011, 21:26

hi all..
at last ive finished the large Godwin water pump....it taken me a lot longer than normal,must be getting old.. lol! lol!

large Godwin pump part 5,nearly there now. Pumpho10

large Godwin pump part 5,nearly there now. Pumpho12

large Godwin pump part 5,nearly there now. Pumpho13

now all i have to do is sell it and start on something else....
regards,mike..
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BRASSO Thu Jul 14 2011, 09:48

Thats looking the dogs danglies thast is Mike, Well don mate!!!

regards

Mart.
BRASSO
BRASSO
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hob Thu Jul 14 2011, 13:01

looks really good,lots of polishing on the alloy Very Happy and i suspect a lot of work inside too Very Happy

my only thought would be that it may be prone to tip with a drive belt on it, i think i would have made a trolley that was in line with the pulley and mounted the pump on 2 cross pieces.

neville
hob
hob
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Appletop Thu Jul 14 2011, 18:58

Looks good Mike but I'm with Nev on this, as I have one of these pumps I would be worried about it being pulled over on such a narrow wheel base.

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Thu Jul 14 2011, 23:58

BRASSO wrote:That's looking the dogs danglies that is Mike, Well don mate!!!

regards

Mart.

thanks mart..
it took me bloody long enough to do..trouble is with my back the way it is its taking me longer and longer to do these days..
now its done its time to get on with the international LB now,then that will be sold.....
thanks for your comments mate..regards,mike..
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Fri Jul 15 2011, 00:10

hob wrote:looks really good,lots of polishing on the alloy Very Happy and i suspect a lot of work inside too Very Happy

my only thought would be that it may be prone to tip with a drive belt on it, i think i would have made a trolley that was in line with the pulley and mounted the pump on 2 cross pieces.

Neville

thanks for that Neville..
the only thing is the pump is very tall now,i did make it so that it was the way you said but then it was sat far to high,so that why it sat the way it is..
the mounting holes are quite close together,so you need to put more cross members in to be able to sit that way.this pump has sat in the bottom of a well in somerset from the day it was purchased,so it didn't need top be sat on a trolley...but if i was to break it up for scrap it would make a far bit of money.but i didn't want to do this as it seems a shame to do so,as theres not many of these big bad boys on the rally field...
mind you it a labour of love,as i never seem to get much profit out of the things i sell.but i don't do it for the money,i do it to try a preserve these item and i enjoy it...
thanks again for your comments kind regards..mike...
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Fri Jul 15 2011, 00:12

Villiers wrote:Looks good Mike but I'm with Nev on this, as I have one of these pumps I would be worried about it being pulled over on such a narrow wheel base.

thanks for the comments..ive answered Neville on this one....
you have shown me you on,did you ever get round to making a clear front for it???
regards,mike..
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Appletop Fri Jul 15 2011, 07:52

I got a cover cut but have never gotten round to doing anything with it! Neutral

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15 2011, 10:56

Great job Mike, bout time Laughing Laughing I know what you mean about your back, just have to keep plodding on and catch the dry days to do it.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Sat Jul 16 2011, 01:14

Villiers wrote:I got a cover cut but have never gotten round to doing anything with it! Neutral

you will have to get round to it,i think it would look nice seeing all the bits working inside .....
what did you get it cut out from?????
regards,mike..
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next