www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Blackburne Engine

3 posters

Go down

Blackburne Engine Empty Blackburne Engine

Post by donp Fri Aug 27 2021, 11:27

Hi all, a friend of mine who has no internet is wanting to part with this Blackburne engine, information on it as follows,
Its a side valve 4 stroke, sorry model unknown,
It uses a TOTAL LOSS OIL SYSTEM, oil kept in plastic bottle with blue cap in photo,
It is in very good running order and sold as you see it in photo, I have Blackburne Engine Blackb11
more photos can email them if interested,
Has a flat belt pully fitted with notch for its rope start,
Owner has fitted a 12 volt cooling fan powered from a battery [ battery not supplied],
He is looking at £300 for it collected but note it is quite heavy, really a 2 man lift , but does fit into a car boot,  

ENGINE IS NOW SOLD, thanks to anyone that messaged me regarding it.

If any more information is needed please allow a bit time as will have to get in touch, he is not that far from me, for any questions I cannot answer,  also please note my/our area between Durham and Sunderland, he will not courier it too much risk of damage.Blackburne Engine Blackb10
Blackburne Engine Blackb10

Last edited by donp on Mon Sep 13 2021, 10:29; edited 2 times in total
donp
donp
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Blackburne Engine Empty Re: Blackburne Engine

Post by maryalice Fri Aug 27 2021, 17:58

I recently sold one of them, for a friends widow, attached to a mower, it had its own fan and cowl fitted.
I like the pseudo tuned exhaust pipe.

Maryalice

maryalice
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by donp Fri Aug 27 2021, 19:47

Thank you for the comment Maryalice, myself and the engines owner had a feeling it had been a mower engine at some time in its previous life but there was no information with it when he bought as a sad lump, would have it myself but when I took photos today I tried to lift it, managed to get it off ground but would struggle to get it into my car boot, The owner also has the Lister D powered motorcycle that I think photos of it were on forum a few weeks ago.

Don
donp
donp
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by maryalice Fri Aug 27 2021, 21:27

the mower was a Ransomes, Simms and Jefferies, and your engine is sitting on the engine frames.

Maryalice

maryalice
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chuffchuff Tue Sep 28 2021, 16:02

If you take a look at the you tube link you'll see one I sold a couple of year back, its running in the mower that we had for more than 50 years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtgfWaOIsr8

chuffchuff
A true Stationary engine owner
A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Post by donp Tue Sep 28 2021, 16:26

Thanks for video update, chuffchuff, Blackburne engine was a friend of mines who is reducing his collection, it was sold on fleabay just over a week ago, the buyer made a round trip of over 600 miles to collect it, after a couple of hours at my home for a cuppa and a bite to eat he was away back down south as he said most happy with purchase. We have talked since and he still feels the same.

Don
donp
donp
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down