www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

villiers " the V engine " mk10 year 1945 W/D war deparment spec engine

+4
kevjhnsn
interloper
Jake Birrell
Lewis MacRae
8 posters

Go down

villiers " the V engine " mk10  year 1945 W/D  war deparment  spec engine  Empty villiers " the V engine " mk10 year 1945 W/D war deparment spec engine

Post by kevjhnsn Fri Jul 26 2013, 03:13

hi sorry not been posting as normal
long story made short for you
1. serious money issues
2. wife pregnant again Rolling Eyes  bloody postman:stick lol: lol! :stick lol: 
3. wifes heart issues started again and getting worse
4. ive been having health issues also stress related Rolling Eyes 
5. been over run with fuel tank repair jobs for other engine collectors "but all done for the time being"
also been restoring some of the fuel tanks and other parts off my spares shelfs that i will not need for the future of my engine collection
and listing on the flleebay ,plus 5 engines up to know have been sold

anyway engine was stripped repaired and serviced then started up and shelved again 2 yrs back
so got stuck into it again

cleaning ,painting and brackets ect to make to finish it off
repaired the tank filled dents in and top coated
same for the cowling as tank
made the missing brackets for the fuel tank mountings
pics will follow soon as
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

villiers " the V engine " mk10  year 1945 W/D  war deparment  spec engine  Empty Re: villiers " the V engine " mk10 year 1945 W/D war deparment spec engine

Post by kevjhnsn Fri Jul 26 2013, 03:29

some of the fresh painted parts after drying for a few days and  the blue tank is for the next one to finish off
villiers " the V engine " mk10  year 1945 W/D  war deparment  spec engine  P1000710
changed the head from high temp black to a h/t alloy effect silver
villiers " the V engine " mk10  year 1945 W/D  war deparment  spec engine  P1000711

villiers " the V engine " mk10  year 1945 W/D  war deparment  spec engine  P1000712
the engine must be after we won the ww11 as the engine has started to have some villiers details back on i.e just villiers on block and cowl ,but no mention of the birmingham or england on the sump or castrol on the sump caps or plugs like the others
the seriel numbers on plate block and flywheel all tally up to one and other as does the date stamping on the big comonants
villiers " the V engine " mk10  year 1945 W/D  war deparment  spec engine  P1000713

villiers " the V engine " mk10  year 1945 W/D  war deparment  spec engine  P1000714

villiers " the V engine " mk10  year 1945 W/D  war deparment  spec engine  P1000715

villiers " the V engine " mk10  year 1945 W/D  war deparment  spec engine  P1000716
big old 18mm sparkplug for a little wee villiers
villiers " the V engine " mk10  year 1945 W/D  war deparment  spec engine  P1000717
thinking to plain and to silver in the flywheel area :chin: 
villiers " the V engine " mk10  year 1945 W/D  war deparment  spec engine  P1000718
think the paints will be out again tomorrow ,and recork the fuel tank tap and make up a fuel pipe also
thanks kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

villiers " the V engine " mk10  year 1945 W/D  war deparment  spec engine  Empty Re: villiers " the V engine " mk10 year 1945 W/D war deparment spec engine

Post by Lewis MacRae Fri Jul 26 2013, 09:17

That villiers looks great!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake Birrell Fri Jul 26 2013, 10:59

Nice colour !
Jake Birrell
Jake Birrell
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by interloper Fri Jul 26 2013, 13:43

Looks really good.  I particularly like the silver head peeping out of the back of the cowl. sunny 

Joe.

interloper
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Fri Jul 26 2013, 15:09

jake joe and lewis
thanks for the comments
,i like to add the extra little details ,as villiers are a modern looking design even to todays standards
ive now just been painting the missed bolts and touching up the silver and painted the flywheel center green  ect
just got the tap appart and the plumger is now in three parts ready for the new cork and rebuild ,once  ive give it  a hone out and a buff upvilliers " the V engine " mk10  year 1945 W/D  war deparment  spec engine  P1000719

villiers " the V engine " mk10  year 1945 W/D  war deparment  spec engine  P1000720
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by aussiemike Fri Jul 26 2013, 16:10

Sweet little engine.
Nice job kev.

aussiemike
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Sat Jul 27 2013, 00:25

aussiemike wrote:Sweet little engine.
Nice job kev.

cheers mike
its the smallest 4 stroke they made back then  ,but will go well with the
villiers mk25 vapourizing oil 1945  there largest  4 stroke at the time
and there largest   2 stroke series  villiers wx11 lzha water cooled  1930s
 and there on the  right  as my  avatar pic ------------------------------------------->
just about to sell  the villiers  d415  diesel      1 of only 200 - 300  ever made
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Tue Jul 30 2013, 04:34

well its all back together ,had a few other things to get sorted before i had time for this one again
all fuel piped up and ignition cable shortened to suite
will take some more pics as i just deleted from and not sent them to computer memory Embarassed  Rolling Eyes 
so will be banging a base together and then its video time hopfully
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianhw77k Tue Jul 30 2013, 20:41

Lovely job you've done there Kev Smile
Ianhw77k
Ianhw77k
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Lewis MacRae Tue Jul 30 2013, 21:06

Have you got something to run off it?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vdr1983 Wed Jul 31 2013, 00:54

looks like your a villiers collector
and i like the colours you use ,this and your others looking very nice on the other posts ive cum across
do you have a villiers wx11 c shape tank ,or know to one
as i need one for mine and my little 12yrs old lads were trying to complete
or if you or anyone else knows to one please let us know
thanks x
vdr1983

vdr1983
I really need to post more
I really need to post more

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Sat Aug 03 2013, 01:07

vdr1983 wrote:looks like your a villiers collector
and i like the colours you use ,this and your others looking very nice on the other posts ive cum across
do you have a villiers wx11 c shape tank ,or know to one
as i need one for mine and my little 12yrs old lads were trying to complete
or if you or anyone else knows to one please let us know
thanks x
vdr1983

hi there
that also is somthing im looking for at this time
but im looking into making copys as close as i can , if you have your engine tank remains ,i could use them on a new one worst case or just repair or replace panels on your old one ,as i know i can do it as restored the one for my complete wx11 set up ,just my second wx11 is needing a "c shape tank"
as the original i do have but is 2 1/2 gallon round tank on floor mounted leg frame ,just not rally practical Sad 
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Sat Aug 03 2013, 01:09

Lewis MacRae wrote:Have you got something to run off it?

not at this time ,dont know what to run it too ,but do you mate
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Tue Aug 13 2013, 04:04

well this one is all most done, touched up paintwork ,detailed and tightened every thing back up ,
and made up the timber frame work
just should need  fuel and a pull to get going again

villiers " the V engine " mk10  year 1945 W/D  war deparment  spec engine  P1000830

villiers " the V engine " mk10  year 1945 W/D  war deparment  spec engine  P1000831

villiers " the V engine " mk10  year 1945 W/D  war deparment  spec engine  P1000832

villiers " the V engine " mk10  year 1945 W/D  war deparment  spec engine  P1000833
also just finished the villeirs E30 this weekend so other post if your interested
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lister Tue Aug 13 2013, 16:23

That looks like a nice, neat little engine Kev.  Just the thing for someone starting out in the hobby or scaling down to a smaller engine as they get older (no cheeky comments please!).  Are you off to Malpas Yesteryear again this September?  My pass arrived on Saturday morning.  bounce

A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Tue Aug 13 2013, 20:54

A Lister wrote:That looks like a nice, neat little engine Kev.  Just the thing for someone starting out in the hobby or scaling down to a smaller engine as they get older (no cheeky comments please!).  Are you off to Malpas Yesteryear again this September?  My pass arrived on Saturday morning.  bounce
hi jules mate
yeah should be going to malpas ,but not got my tickets yet Cool 
so i suppose i will be needed to help load a lister A and acorn mill again mate Laughing Laughing 
good to hear for you again jules
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lister Mon Aug 19 2013, 12:14

I'll see you there then Kev, and the answer to your question; probably!  So make sure you take plenty of shredded wheat with you for your breakfast just in case your services are required!   Laughing Are you taking your Amanco to Malpas?

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Tue Aug 20 2013, 00:32

A Lister wrote:I'll see you there then Kev, and the answer to your question; probably!  So make sure you take plenty of shredded wheat with you for your breakfast just in case your services are required!   Laughing Are you taking your Amanco to Malpas?
jules
i still havent got my tickets yet ,been told everone one else has theres though Neutral Neutral 
but i think so ,may require a bit of trailer space for the frank pearn pump Wink ,only if your up for it ,Very Happy Very Happy 
think it was you that offered for malpas ,if not so who was it then ???Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lister Tue Aug 20 2013, 11:59

It might be worth giving the engine steward a call and asking where your passes are?  I know it's the 40th anniversary show so they'll probably be busier this year so I wouldn't leave it too late!  I'd be happy to give you some trailer space but I'm limited on weight.  It's a 7 foot x 4 foot un-braked trailer, so I can only tow a maximum weight (trailer including load) of 750KG.  

I'll be taking the Lister A and corn mill.   With the weight of the Lister A plus the corn mill legs (the rest of the mill goes in the back of the Land Rover in bits) I only have enough weight capacity left for something up to a Lister D in weight (absolute maximum).  From what I can remember your pump is pretty big so I think it might be too heavy?  Would any of your engines be lighter for me to take instead, so you'd have room for your pump on your trailer? Failing that, maybe we could take another engine instead of your pump?

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Mon Sep 02 2013, 05:20

jules
did and the results were not great ,but me and about ten other regulars that have emailed or called me ,have been told the same answer
tuff sh*t ,things get lost in the post " pleasent man
1 form lost i understand but me and wife sent in 2 each at different times and zero arrived, i find that hard to believe
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Mon Sep 02 2013, 05:21

well this little villiers has gone to a new shed and going onto a rotavator Shocked 
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down