www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

For sale, Hamworthy compressor set, HESTAR No 0

3 posters

Go down

For sale, Hamworthy compressor set, HESTAR No 0 Empty For sale, Hamworthy compressor set, HESTAR No 0

Post by maryalice Wed Jun 16 2021, 17:18

Gentlemen,
I have a Hamworthy Compressor set on an original cast base, Model HESTAR No 0 removed from Jordans Mills, Broom, Bedfordshire used to supply compressed air to start Allen Diesels driving grain mills. The engine was restored to working condition by a friend in Middlesborough and I bought it and brought it back to be where where it worked in Bedfordshire.
Its in full working order and the single cylinder compressor works and is powered by its original 2hp Lister D, it is now to heavy for me to rally and comes on a trolley built to make it mobile.
The copper plumbing was fitted so that the water runs from the tank to the original pump throught the compressor and onto the D finally running back into the tank. When in the factory it would have had a header tank full of water to cool the compressoer and engine.
I'm looking for £450 ovno offer for the set, If a video of it running is required I will send a copy.
If you are interested then PM me.

For sale, Hamworthy compressor set, HESTAR No 0 Img_8428
For sale, Hamworthy compressor set, HESTAR No 0 Img_8427
For sale, Hamworthy compressor set, HESTAR No 0 Img_8426

For sale, Hamworthy compressor set, HESTAR No 0 Img_8430
For sale, Hamworthy compressor set, HESTAR No 0 Img_8431
For sale, Hamworthy compressor set, HESTAR No 0 Img_8429

Maryalice

Last edited by maryalice on Wed Jun 16 2021, 17:22; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spell check)

maryalice
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

For sale, Hamworthy compressor set, HESTAR No 0 Empty Re: For sale, Hamworthy compressor set, HESTAR No 0

Post by Robotstar5 Wed Jun 16 2021, 20:25

That's a nice looking setup, I wish my back would let me own a heavy engine.

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

For sale, Hamworthy compressor set, HESTAR No 0 Empty Re: For sale, Hamworthy compressor set, HESTAR No 0

Post by Alanengine Wed Jun 16 2021, 21:08

Great looking set with good history! (Also too big for me)

Alan

Alanengine
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down