www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

machine suppliers (pulleys hoses, bearings fixings etc etc)

4 posters

Go down

machine suppliers (pulleys hoses, bearings fixings etc etc) Empty machine suppliers (pulleys hoses, bearings fixings etc etc)

Post by Guest Mon Nov 23 2009, 10:03

i've recently purchased a 10" double Vee taperlock pulley with the taperlock for a 28mm shaft from these people

http://www.bearingboys.co.uk/

cost aprox £35, half of what anyone else can quote, and i've just looked one up for a friend, 4" pulley, with a 25mm centre taperlock £6.93 for the pulley, £3.85 for the taperlock bush.

they also stock bearings and huge lists of other stuff. v belts. power tools pneumatics, hydraulics etc etc

Paul Cool

Back to top Go down

machine suppliers (pulleys hoses, bearings fixings etc etc) Empty Re: machine suppliers (pulleys hoses, bearings fixings etc etc)

Post by Guest Thu Nov 26 2009, 09:41

having taken delivery of the pulley and taperlock i can now add a little more info on the company

the prices are cheap because the items are of an economical quality, dont let that put you off though, because for our needs, they are more than sufficient, my issue was that the taperlock had a "broken back" that is the smallest point on the taperlock had cracked. however the company were more than happy to send out another, and gave such kind and courteous help, they even sent out my next order of belts free of charge, the belts themselves, take notes guys, where SP-A which is 13mm wide by 8mm deep, a typical size for us, by 2159mm long, how much? £6, you couldnt even get fanbelts that cheap from a motor factors (and this place has them too)

1/2" bsp - 1" pipe threading kit, less than £20 Cool Shocked

Paul

Back to top Go down

machine suppliers (pulleys hoses, bearings fixings etc etc) Empty Re: machine suppliers (pulleys hoses, bearings fixings etc etc)

Post by Chippie Fri May 20 2011, 20:11

Well they may be cheap but they aint reliable......in my experience

I tried to place an order last Sunday via the website, came to pay, http500 internal server error returned...when accessing the Sage pay bit

Tried later on using payapl and success...

rang them yesterday as no show..They told me they had probs with about 30 orders on Sunday and mine would arrive today...

Still no show.
Got home this evening, an email in my inbox...Your order is on its way...

Verdict:
Not impressed...must try harder.

Chippie
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Sat May 21 2011, 22:29

thanks for letting us know your experience ..it will come in handy for the other forum members..
regards.mike..
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Foden Mon May 30 2011, 23:46

I ordered a taperlock pulley and bush from them a couple of months ago and thought that their service was very good. I contacted them by phone and the items arrived within a couple of days, only thing was (my fault!) I hadn't realised the prices were less VAT so what with the increase it came out slightly more expensive than I had planned, oops! Embarassed

Pete.

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Tue May 31 2011, 00:33

PETE..
I'm glad YOU had great service,the last member who used them told us that he had a bad experience with them...
they must have changed there staff and there service policy,but I'm like you and keep forgetting the VAT on top of the price..
its an age thing with me,whats your excuse Pete..... lol! lol!
thanks for sharing your experience with us....
regards,mike.
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Foden Tue May 31 2011, 13:50

mike d wrote:
its an age thing with me,whats your excuse Pete..... lol! lol!
thanks for sharing your experience with us....
regards,mike.

My excuse Mike is that I am 11 years older than you!! Sorry admin, gone OFF TOPIC. (again) Embarassed

Pete.

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 31 2011, 14:18

It's ok this time Pete but don't let it happen again (joke) lol! lol! lol!

This is not the Engine section so we can get away with a little bit off topic or until Paul see it lol! lol! lol!

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Mon Jun 13 2011, 01:34

[quote="stationary stu"]It's ok this time Pete but don't let it happen again (joke) lol! lol! lol!

This is not the Engine section so we can get away with a little bit off topic or until Paul see it lol! lol! lol!

Stu.[/quote

STU...
If its ok with you mate then its ok with me.....
he seems a nice fella though..
regards,mike...
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13 2011, 11:02

[quote="mike d"]
stationary stu wrote:It's ok this time Pete but don't let it happen again (joke) lol! lol! lol!

Stu.[/quote

STU...
If its ok with you mate then its ok with me.....
he seems a nice fella though..
regards,mike...

He is a nice fella Mike, very helpful, only problem is he's getting on abit the same as us and starts to ramble abit the way we do lol! lol! lol!

Stu.

*Note* to Paul I'll delete this later save you doing it lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Mon Jun 13 2011, 11:22

HI STU.....
Pete is Dave's mate,and Dave's a sound fella as well.....mind you rambling is a common fault with the alderley mate.... lol! lol!
don't worry your be fine mate... lol! lol! lol!

i bet your glad im back,i bet you've been missing all the p--s taking mate.... lol! lol! lol!
regards,mike...
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Piol Fri Aug 19 2011, 16:18

Yeah i was constantly ordering from BearingBoys they are reliable providrs, but somehow i switched to Acorn Industrial Services and i am as happy with this supplier, lovely dealing with them. Really cant remember now why i switched.... Rolling Eyes

Piol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20 2011, 12:31

As long as your happy and getting a good service is all that matters.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down