www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Very old Mercury switch and enclosure Free to a good home

2 posters

Go down

Very old Mercury switch and enclosure Free to a good home  Empty Very old Mercury switch and enclosure Free to a good home

Post by chuffchuff Sun Mar 08 2020, 10:47

Free to good home.

43 Amp mercury switch.  Currently on eBay at £7.50 but free here to anyone who wants it. It was on an old slate distribution panel in a engine house we had here. (it's  been here for at least 70 years) Embarassed   No mercury in the switch but the switch does look to be in good condition.
I don't know the solenoid coil operating voltage unfortunately.

If anyone wants it its free to all here on this UK engine forum site  site but they would need to collect of pay the postage.  
Let me know if you need any other info.

Very old Mercury switch and enclosure Free to a good home  P1060123

Very old Mercury switch and enclosure Free to a good home  P1060122

Very old Mercury switch and enclosure Free to a good home  P1060124

chuffchuff
A true Stationary engine owner
A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Very old Mercury switch and enclosure Free to a good home  Empty Re: Very old Mercury switch and enclosure Free to a good home

Post by Robotstar5 Sun Mar 08 2020, 11:03

I remember when we used mercury switches in substations to switch in the power factor correction capacitors.

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down