www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Another Lister D

2 posters

Go down

Another Lister D Empty Another Lister D

Post by 68jcb Tue Feb 25 2020, 21:50

Had a Lister D when I was a lad, many years ago!  Have restored a few D's since then, last one was a 1947 2hp D, ran and looked lovely.  As far as I know it's  on display at the Poldark mine near Helston in Cornwall.Another Lister D Img_1011

Now restoring another D, this one is a DKH. It was in a bad way, partially seized, looked as though half of the engine was submersed in water. Cylinder head has been the worst affected, severe pitting. As you can see in the pics that it is in primer(zinc oxide) and awaits a couple of coats of green.Another Lister D Img-1210
Another Lister D Img-1211

I have a H1 pump on the floor(second pic) that has now been stripped and is ready for primer, this will be put on a trolley and driven by the DKH.
You can see the date of the D on the block. I have managed to use 95% of the original parts in restoring this engine.

I have 2 more D's on the other bench that will get restored this year and will probably be up for sale ready for a newbie to take to the rallies

68jcb
A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Another Lister D Empty Another Lister D

Post by 68jcb Fri Apr 10 2020, 16:57

Another Lister DAnother Lister D Img-1212
This is the 'D' restoration I started a few months back (the one on the bench in primer).  I've had it running, sounds good!
There are still some jobs to do, transfers, some bits need painting and I need to get a drive belt for the pump, not sure what type to go for.
Once I've completed it and things have settled down a bit (coronavirus) It will be for sale!
I will post a video of it running and driving the pump once it's finished.

68jcb

Back to top Go down

Another Lister D Empty Re: Another Lister D

Post by maryalice Fri Apr 10 2020, 17:53

The date on the casting is the date the block was cast,not necessarily the date of manufacture of the complete engine.

Maryalice

maryalice
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Another Lister D Empty Re: Another Lister D

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down