www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Concrete Mixer Identification & Help Needed

5 posters

Go down

Concrete Mixer Identification & Help Needed Empty Concrete Mixer Identification & Help Needed

Post by solsteam Sun Jun 09 2019, 07:35

Have purchased a concrete mixer and wondered if anyone can tell me the make and age of the machine.
The Lister D is of no help as it's a 1943 engine supplied to an Agricultural Engineer who maybe fitted the engine in 1943 or someone fitted it a lot later.
Does anyone have dimensions/drawings of the metal cowling, and what would have been the original colour?
If any one can help it would be appreciated, or is there another part of the forum best suited to post?

If photos haven't loaded will upload next week

solsteam
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Concrete Mixer Identification & Help Needed Empty Re: Concrete Mixer Identification & Help Needed

Post by solsteam Sun Jun 09 2019, 08:34

Photos haven't loaded yet so brief description - looks like a concrete / cement mixer, no tin work, cast spoked wheels with vulcanised solid rubber tyres. Person who bought it before me was told it's a 1920s to 1930s mixer, so more than likely 1930s. Towbar is rod not cast.

solsteam
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Concrete Mixer Identification & Help Needed Empty Re: Concrete Mixer Identification & Help Needed

Post by Woodsman Sun Jun 09 2019, 09:20

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Please take a minute to update your profile with preferred name and anything else you care to share.
Look forward to seeing some pictures when you are able.

Woodsman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robotstar5 Sun Jun 09 2019, 18:21

If you do Facebook, search for the group "Old Cement Mixers" they may be able to help?.

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by solsteam Sun Jun 09 2019, 23:17

Thank you Paul

solsteam
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by solsteam Sun Jun 09 2019, 23:18

Thank you Stuart, have joined the group just now

solsteam
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by solsteam Tue Jun 11 2019, 10:17

Concrete Mixer Identification & Help Needed Thumb_12
Concrete Mixer Identification & Help Needed Thumb_11
Concrete Mixer Identification & Help Needed Thumb_10

solsteam
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by solsteam Tue Jun 11 2019, 10:20

Photos at last. Can anyone tell me a rough date (supposed to be 20s or 30s) and a maker (reckon it's probably a Parker). Thank you

solsteam
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by blue cat Tue Jun 11 2019, 18:17

Yes, it could be a Parker "Little Giant" mixer, but I'm guessing the wheels are not original.

Pictures on Graces Guide are dated 1945/47.
https://www.gracesguide.co.uk/Frederick_Parker

blue cat
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by solsteam Tue Jun 11 2019, 19:50

Thank you for the suggestion Blue Cat. However, I do believe the mixer is possibly older than the 1940s (unless it's a "Heinz") otherwise the Lister D would have been supplied direct to Parker and not to an Agricultural Engineer.
But thank you for agreeing with me that it is more than likely a Parker mixer

solsteam
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by maryalice Wed Jun 12 2019, 08:11

Remembering the wheels that Peter Forbes used on his trolleys they could be ex military and whats to say that the engine is original.

Maryalice.

maryalice
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by solsteam Wed Jun 12 2019, 09:00

thank you Maryalice, I hadn't thought of military and I do doubt very much that it is the original engine

solsteam
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by solsteam Sat Jun 15 2019, 14:08

I am beginning to doubt that the mixer is a Parker now as they all seem to be 'A' frames where this one is parallel

solsteam
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by blue cat Sat Jun 15 2019, 17:52

If you put "parker mixer" into google images you will see that that did both parallel and A frame versions of their mixers.

blue cat
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by solsteam Sat Jun 15 2019, 18:17

blue cat wrote:If you put "parker mixer" into google images you will see that that did both parallel and A frame versions of their mixers.

Thank you for that. It would be helpful if the name was cast on the drum, or an identity plate was somewhere. There aren't even any holes where an ID plate could have been.

solsteam
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by solsteam Mon Jun 24 2019, 14:44

blue cat wrote:Yes, it could be a Parker "Little Giant" mixer, but I'm guessing the wheels are not original.

Pictures on Graces Guide are dated 1945/47.
https://www.gracesguide.co.uk/Frederick_Parker

A few people have told me that my mixer had incorrect wheels. However, I am now sure that they are original as ''Parker Little Giants" had the option of steel rim, solid rubber tyres, or pneumatic tyres.

solsteam
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down