www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

amanco hired man mixer/ carb

4 posters

Go down

amanco hired man mixer/ carb Empty amanco hired man mixer/ carb

Post by kev Tue Apr 01 2014, 21:29

Hi all
I have just become the proud owner of a hired man, I have bought it as a box of bits and although the castings are very rough ha ing spent some of its life lying in a ditch someone has spent a lot of time machining new parts and casting new bits as required. The machining left to be done includes governor weights ( raw castings) brackets for side shaft some lathe work on the flywheels and most of all the mixer is just a two piece raw casting and despite searching the net I cant find any info on how it works. Can anyone explain what the little pot is on the bottom of the assembly , I can see it has a series of holes driled around its circumferance but how is it attached to the body of the assembly, and how is the petrol delivered to the body of the mixer. I am also missing the ignitor is there any chance of obtaining one or will I have to make one. Any pointers in the right direction gratefully received.

kev
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

amanco hired man mixer/ carb Empty Re: amanco hired man mixer/ carb

Post by billypurves Wed Apr 02 2014, 21:13

Igniters can be bought......remakes off Smokstak.
billypurves
billypurves
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Thu Apr 03 2014, 01:19

hi kev
carb airvalve bottom section is held on with 3 screws taped in at the top usually and ignitors were available new home made for the last 18 mnths but just cheecked and theres not even one old used one listed at this time  Rolling Eyes 

https://i.servimg.com/u/f11/16/39/29/53/p2612110.jpg
thanks kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Thu Apr 03 2014, 06:06

My carb air chamber if want to call it that is just a tight Fit. Normally heated up to get on and off but mine can be teased off with a hammer and punch gently.

Matt.

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down