www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

wico magneto

2 posters

Go down

wico magneto Empty wico magneto

Post by spanneritse Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:29 pm

hi all. just wondering, I am running my lister junior with  a wisco two cylinder mag, wondering does anybody know if this will damage the mag just using the one outlet,,,cheers,,,kenny

spanneritse
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

wico magneto Empty Re: wico magneto

Post by Darryl Ovens Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:59 pm

Yes there is that risk, especially if the internal safety gap is set wrong or wears, which it will if it is and will have to, do it's job continuously.  Best would be to swap it for a single cylinder mag, the twins are scarce as hens teeth around here, so I'm sure there's bound to be someone with a twin cylinder engine who would love to swap it for you.  I have a friend with 4 x four cylinder engines about 10 single cylinder mags but only 2 x four cylinder mags between them!  
In the meantime just short out the unused plug wire onto the mag body somewhere (ie mounting bolt), that will protect the coil from over voltage when firing the missing cylinder.

Cheers
Darryl
NZ

Darryl Ovens
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

wico magneto Empty wico magneto

Post by spanneritse Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:33 am

Hi darryl i got that, aye you are right, the condenser was fried, looked as if someone had been spot welding on it. I put another condenser in it and my wee kelvin is going perfect with an earth to the mag from the spare outlet,,,,,i am new to this computer stuff but it never ceases to amaze me, getting an answer from the other side of the world,,,,,wishing all the best to you and yours,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,trying to be as good a person as my dog thinks i am,,,,,kenny

spanneritse
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

wico magneto Empty Re: wico magneto

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down