www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Coventry Climax FWM (745cc) engines

Go down

Coventry Climax FWM (745cc) engines Empty Coventry Climax FWM (745cc) engines

Post by specialbuilder Sun Oct 06 2013, 19:20

Hello all,
I have been given one of the above and am in the process of putting it in car trim for my Austin 7 Special.

It is a little jewel of an engine and deserves to be used where people can see it and enjoy it.

My problem is that I can't find any real details about them.
I can find endless info. on the far better known FW in FWP, FWA, B and E forms as pumps and gen-sets and racing engines, but it's smaller baby brother, the FWM, the fore-runner of the Hillman Imp engine, is a nightmare for information.

Obviously I need to know about timing, dizzy springs, oil capacities and types, valve clearances, plugs and points. All the stuff that makes an engine work!

What I am doing, more for the record than anything else, is measure and draw everything in great detail. This will help with the making of replacement parts and ultimately to produce a parts list/manual. As an ex technical illustrator and tech. author, for me, that's the easy bit!

Does anyone know of any discussion groups that might cover these little jewels? Apart from this one of course.

Cheers,
Martin

specialbuilder

Back to top Go down