www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

What Engine oil do you recommend for a lister "a" and "b" types

3 posters

Go down

What Engine oil do you recommend for a lister "a" and "b" types Empty What Engine oil do you recommend for a lister "a" and "b" types

Post by barrie clement Tue Aug 06 2013, 18:58

Also where would you buy this oil from

Many thanks for any info

Barrie

barrie clement

Back to top Go down

What Engine oil do you recommend for a lister "a" and "b" types Empty Re: What Engine oil do you recommend for a lister "a" and "b" types

Post by Appletop Tue Aug 06 2013, 19:04

Any cheap oil from any shop that sells it, Asda, B&Q, Morrisons you name it Pal, they sell it. Something like a 15/40 or there abouts, should be SAE 30 really.
Appletop
Appletop
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

What Engine oil do you recommend for a lister "a" and "b" types Empty Re: What Engine oil do you recommend for a lister "a" and "b" types

Post by Guest Tue Aug 06 2013, 19:20

If you can find a modern version of the SAE30 with a dtergent in it it'll help keep the crank case insides clean, but mine are run on SAE30 , Comma classic seems the best for me

Janner

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Wed Aug 07 2013, 02:58

oil as janner says
but i always took the side plate off mine and cleaned the side trophs out , of any sludge and dirt that collects there ,as there was in mine slip ring oilers for getting the oil to the timing gears and crank bearings
every little helps as they only hold a pint or 2
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down