www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

A couple of new toys to play with

+6
Abes
Lewis MacRae
lister dan
Stamford24
Appletop
Foden
10 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

A couple of new toys to play with - Page 3 Empty Re: A couple of new toys to play with

Post by nutgone Sat Jun 29 2013, 20:10

Looks really good Abes. That silencer is worth the extra effort as well. 👍 

The name's Matt, but call me Nutts if you like, there's already enough Matt's about.
nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

A couple of new toys to play with - Page 3 Empty Re: A couple of new toys to play with

Post by Stamford24 Sat Jun 29 2013, 22:01

Coming along nicely. :-) My only observation would be that drain tap could do with being a bit lower in the plate. Good inch of water left in the bottom that can freeze in winter and then POP. I've seen it happen.

Stamford24
A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Sat Jun 29 2013, 22:07

LOL yer its like sauce on a chip buttie "its just got to have it"

nutgone wrote:Looks really good Abes. That silencer is worth the extra effort as well. 👍 

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Sun Jun 30 2013, 15:36

Yer agree mate problem was i used the old one as a template only realised afterwards, no big deal though as always put antifreeze in hoppers when it starts getting cold, new one will be made at some stage LOL

Stamford24 wrote:Coming along nicely. :-) My only observation would be that drain tap could do with being a bit lower in the plate. Good inch of water left in the bottom that can freeze in winter and then POP. I've seen it happen.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Sun Jun 30 2013, 18:37

Abes wrote:Yer agree mate problem was i used the old one as a template only realised afterwards, no big deal though as always put antifreeze in hoppers when it starts getting cold, new one will be made at some stage LOL

Stamford24 wrote:Coming along nicely. :-) My only observation would be that drain tap could do with being a bit lower in the plate. Good inch of water left in the bottom that can freeze in winter and then POP. I've seen it happen.

looking rather smart abes , when will it be making a outing ?

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Sun Jun 30 2013, 19:08

Cheers mate think Durrington might be its first one did not get to many rallies organised for this year what with the van, trailer and tractor organising

matt86 wrote:
Abes wrote:Yer agree mate problem was i used the old one as a template only realised afterwards, no big deal though as always put antifreeze in hoppers when it starts getting cold, new one will be made at some stage LOL

looking rather smart abes , when will it be making a outing ?

matt

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stamford24 Mon Jul 01 2013, 08:13

Out of interest, what paint did you use? Ray Hooley's or SEP/Craftmaster. Looks nice and shiny! Very Happy 👍 

Stamford24

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Mon Jul 01 2013, 17:45

Stamford24 wrote:Out of interest, what paint did you use? Ray Hooley's or SEP/Craftmaster. Looks nice and shiny! Very Happy 👍 

its still looks like its drying lol! lol! 
lovly shiney finish to it ,its a credit to you mate.
that ruston logo decal will do it a credit to ,with the gold and other colours in there
the finish looks like the MANSONS CT  coach builders paint , that i use
but if not, its good shiny stuff all the same
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Mon Jul 01 2013, 20:47

Neither mate had it made up by a local company called Rainbow Paints they do all my paint for me i just supply the code its great to work with and for some reason dont get any brush marks to talk about either, though it does take at least 3 coats to cover red oxide primer, cost is just under 15 quid a litre

kevjhnsn wrote:
Stamford24 wrote:Out of interest, what paint did you use? Ray Hooley's or SEP/Craftmaster. Looks nice and shiny! Very Happy 👍 

its still looks like its drying lol! lol! 
lovly shiney finish to it ,its a credit to you mate.
that ruston logo decal will do it a credit to ,with the gold and other colours in there
the finish looks like the MANSONS CT  coach builders paint , that i use
but if not, its good shiny stuff all the same
kev

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Thu Jul 04 2013, 20:29

Quick update on the bandsaw sharpner, made a start on the trolley tonight as you can see from the pics its starting to take shape the back stands where a bugger to do but managed to make and weld two the same in the end lol, not fixed in place yet as still have to clean them up drill and paint oh and the trolley needs a final sand but getting there

A couple of new toys to play with - Page 3 P7040010
A couple of new toys to play with - Page 3 P7040011

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Sat Jul 06 2013, 20:21

Managed to almost finish trolley just the handle to fit, made the blade support out of scrap bits I found in the shed so when handle is fitted job is finished phewww lol

A couple of new toys to play with - Page 3 P7060011

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Sat Jul 06 2013, 20:37

Looks the dogs nuts abes ... yet another a1 trolley made by you ... all work has been slowed on the trolley for the A type as the van has come along which started to convert it allready and need to make it useable before GDSF .

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stamford24 Sat Jul 06 2013, 23:18

Your a dab hand with the fabrication Abes 👍 , wish mine was as good.
Grass could do with a trim Laughing 

Stamford24

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Sun Jul 07 2013, 04:08

abes
another cracker from you as always 👍 👍 
good to see the black back in action again Smile 
keep it up mate
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Sun Jul 07 2013, 09:59

Cheers for the kind comments gents, question for anyone does anyone know who made these blade sharpners I know when (its stamped on it) but not by who so any help much appriciated

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Tue Jul 09 2013, 20:48

Quick update on the PT, on holiday this week so though id get my ass in gear so with that in mind mags going in to be sorted tomorrow and made a start on the trolley, axels have now been made and painted woods been cut and part sanded, wheels cleaned up ready for painting tomorrow (ran out of masking tape), will put some pics up once its been put together hopefully should be tomorrow

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Wed Jul 10 2013, 21:18

As promised here's a couple of pics of trolley so far

A couple of new toys to play with - Page 3 P7100010
A couple of new toys to play with - Page 3 P7100011

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lewis MacRae Wed Jul 10 2013, 22:37

What type of wood have you used for the trolley?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Wed Jul 10 2013, 22:48

Mahogany mate its what I use for all my trolley's, still needs oiling yet

Lewis MacRae wrote:What type of wood have you used for the trolley?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Thu Jul 11 2013, 00:12

abes
👍 looking good and love the little wide wheels 👍 
its looking a bit flimsy/weak that thin mahogany wood your using there mate Very Happy Very Happy 
think the trolley will be still standing when the engines rotted of it ,
not the usual other way around mate :stick lol: 
looks the job all the same abes as always with you
keep us posted
p.s the bottles and glass ,look a good part of any tool kit in this weather Wink 
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone Thu Jul 11 2013, 10:28

Abes wrote:Managed to almost finish trolley just the handle to fit, made the blade support out of scrap bits I found in the shed so when handle is fitted job is finished phewww lol

A couple of new toys to play with - Page 3 P7060011

Can honestly say I've never seen one of these before, will make a very interesting exhibit. Might take up quite a bit of room, but you could put some sort of display in there.

Actually, looking again it's not that big. I like it, it's something different.

The name's Matt, but call me Nutts if you like, there's already enough Matt's about.
nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Thu Jul 11 2013, 10:47

Abes wrote:As promised here's a couple of pics of trolley so far

A couple of new toys to play with - Page 3 P7100010
A couple of new toys to play with - Page 3 P7100011

nothing like a couple of Thatchers while working is there Abes!
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Thu Jul 11 2013, 18:17

Cant beat the Thatchers and with there help today this is what she looks like now, just the decals to sort and wait for the mag to come back and the jobs a goodun

A couple of new toys to play with - Page 3 P7110013
A couple of new toys to play with - Page 3 P7110014
A couple of new toys to play with - Page 3 P7110015

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lister dan Fri Jul 26 2013, 09:36

That looks lovely Mate,
Have you got it running know?
Dan
lister dan
lister dan
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by aussiemike Fri Jul 26 2013, 16:14

Nice setup,looks great.

aussiemike
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next