www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

RH B.HP6-ClassAP Refurb.

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

RH B.HP6-ClassAP Refurb. - Page 2 Empty Re: RH B.HP6-ClassAP Refurb.

Post by seniorengineers Sun Mar 03 2013, 08:57

glowes3 wrote:Just found your post - you're doing some serious restoration there.
I'll be watching the progress too.
Graeme
Hi Graeme, I may be retired, but i am working as much now as I ever have, needs must as they say, so time is at a premium at pres, just building up funds so i can continue with projects when the weather warms up a tad. I need to purchase steel sections for the trailor, and some more paint, as i need to get trailor up together so as to fit base of ruston on it and build it in situ, if you get my drift, not much room in shed, and no way to lift the complete engine onto trailor. I will be building a canopy on the trailor, like the showmans trailors with lights all round the top. It will be a 1 off when it is done, as i will reviel as i progress with more pic's. cheers david

seniorengineers
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 03 2013, 13:16

David have you had chance to do any more work or you still cleaning off old paint and rust.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by seniorengineers Sun Mar 03 2013, 13:37

stationary stu wrote:David have you had chance to do any more work or you still cleaning off old paint and rust.

Stu.
Hi Stu, no not as yet, I have been out at work solid for the last 3 weeks, and earning some real brass for a change, this work will continue, only thing is, it's 10/12 hours a day,5 days ea. week. Besides, it's been too damn cold to work on projects, and only so much gas in the heater bottle, + half my project work is out side on the trailor. Been to damn knackered to do any thing in the evenings, still!, can't have it all ways, and the dosh will come in handy. cheers david.

seniorengineers
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 03 2013, 14:01

Very true David, you can never get the right balance, but making money is good as you can then buy what you need in one go and get it finished rather then having to wait till the piggy bank fills up again.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by seniorengineers Mon Mar 04 2013, 20:58

stationary stu wrote:Very true David, you can never get the right balance, but making money is good as you can then buy what you need in one go and get it finished rather then having to wait till the piggy bank fills up again.

Stu.
I will be able to get the steel and paint for the trailor next week, then i can get the trailor mostly sorted, including floor, and i can start to assemble ruston in situ, on the trailor. I will leave it free moving as I don't want to fix it as yet, because of weight distribution of other items, etc, that will be going on the trailor. cheers David.

seniorengineers
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 05 2013, 11:23

David have you got something else sort for the rally seasons yet or have you been to busy to do that also?

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by seniorengineers Tue Mar 05 2013, 20:31

stationary stu wrote:David have you got something else sort for the rally seasons yet or have you been to busy to do that also?

Stu.
Yes Stu.
I purchased a horizontal twin cyl. enfield diesel engine about a month ago, think it was off a 50's baler , but on saying that, the one i used in my early days was a massey harris, with a twin cyl. lister on it. I'm not sure if it runs as yet, but it turns over with compression. I will take a couple of pic's of it this coming wk/end and place them on a new thread with any info i can find. cheers David.

seniorengineers
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 06 2013, 12:39

I hope it's a runner David and it doesn't take you much time to get it sorted ready to rally.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2