www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

cast wheels on concrete .... bad or good idea ...

2 posters

Go down

cast wheels  on concrete .... bad or good idea ... Empty cast wheels on concrete .... bad or good idea ...

Post by matt86 Mon Sep 12 2011, 23:02

cast wheels  on concrete .... bad or good idea ... DSC00367

i think bad .... broke one at the weekend and wasn't best pleased ... just suddenly broke so i think must of had a crank in it somewhere .

has anyone had this happen to them before ? Lucky i have some wheels the same style in the shed as spares ....
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

cast wheels  on concrete .... bad or good idea ... Empty Re: cast wheels on concrete .... bad or good idea ...

Post by mike d Mon Sep 12 2011, 23:09

ops..not good Matt,it better they broke at home than at a show...
i have a set the exact same as that..
regards,mike...
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

cast wheels  on concrete .... bad or good idea ... Empty Re: cast wheels on concrete .... bad or good idea ...

Post by matt86 Mon Sep 12 2011, 23:13

mike d wrote:ops..not good Matt,it better they broke at home than at a show...
i have a set the exact same as that..
regards,mike...

exactlly at home was better for me .. these size wheels are getting a real pain to get hold of so when i see and spoked ones between 6 - 9" il grab them plenty of 12"s about or smaller solid ones . but the spoked ones are differently nicer .

regards , matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Mon Sep 12 2011, 23:23

yes mate couldn't agree more myself,but the rally field is softer son they mite have broke a bit later perhaps...
are you about this weekend,mite pop up for a cup of tea and see the building site... lol! lol! lol!
regards,mike..
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13 2011, 11:46

Matt I think it must of had a crack in it, is there signs of rust anywhere along the crack? Do you have to go over any kerbs etc when you move the engine as this might have weakend it. So if you have that's where the problem will come from, might be worth checking your other wheels.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13 2011, 11:48

mike d wrote:yes mate couldn't agree more myself,but the rally field is softer son they mite have broke a bit later perhaps...
are you about this weekend,mite pop up for a cup of tea and see the building site... lol! lol! lol!
regards,mike..

yeah i can see you point not on the field is much concrete lol! I wont be about Saturday in the afternoon till late eve going to a engine open day in oxford . but i will be about all day Sunday , or if wanted i will be about on Friday anytime after 2 mate .

regards , matt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13 2011, 11:50

stationary stu wrote:Matt I think it must of had a crack in it, is there signs of rust anywhere along the crack? Do you have to go over any kerbs etc when you move the engine as this might have weakend it. So if you have that's where the problem will come from, might be worth checking your other wheels.

Stu.

Stu i will check signs for a crack when next out there , no signs of kerbs but when comes off the trailer is onto a concrete drive so has a harder landing than like down the ramp rest of it is concrete paths or slabs

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Tue Sep 13 2011, 11:54

Oh guys sorry about posting in the wrong account .... when registered originally i made the 1st 1 but couldn't get in so made this one ! but accidentally put the wrong name in lol .Could someone from admin delete / deactivate this account please to avoid confusion .
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13 2011, 11:57

matt86_wd2 wrote:Oh guys sorry about posting in the wrong account .... when registered originally i made the 1st 1 but couldn't get in so made this one ! but accidentally put the wrong name in lol .Could someone from admin delete / deactivate this account please to avoid confusion .

This account is your main account, you mean the other one with just a few postings?

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Tue Sep 13 2011, 12:17

stationary stu wrote:
matt86_wd2 wrote:Oh guys sorry about posting in the wrong account .... when registered originally i made the 1st 1 but couldn't get in so made this one ! but accidentally put the wrong name in lol .Could someone from admin delete / deactivate this account please to avoid confusion .

This account is your main account, you mean the other one with just a few postings?

Stu.

i mean "matt86" has only a few postings not matt86_wd2
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Wed Sep 14 2011, 00:01

please make your mind up young man..we haven't got all day...
cheque on way tomorrow.
regards,mike..
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14 2011, 10:53

Mike you've met him does he look to be on anything and can you get sense out of him when you chat to him lol! lol! lol!

Only pulling your leg Matt, I can delete the name or if you want just let it lay dormant I don't think it matters either way, coz once it's gone it's gone.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down