www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

brownwall aircooled 1 1/2hp info wanted.

3 posters

Go down

brownwall aircooled 1 1/2hp info wanted. Empty brownwall aircooled 1 1/2hp info wanted.

Post by squirrel Sun May 08 2011, 23:47

hello all,
i have just got a new toy, its a brownwall 1 1/2hp aircooled hit and miss.
all i had to do to it was sort the check valve out and clean up the exhaust and inlet valves, the rest of it was up togeter.
i want to know if anyone has any info on these.
the engine number is 10322 i think it is from around 1914 to 1918 as it is the plain flywheel version and not the one with the cast writing on them and it has the markers plate on the cooling shroud.
any info would be great.
thanks.
martin.

a video of it running a bit fast here ... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

squirrel
squirrel
Expert
Expert

http://www.bristolcherishedcars.co.uk

Back to top Go down

brownwall aircooled 1 1/2hp info wanted. Empty Re: brownwall aircooled 1 1/2hp info wanted.

Post by JONESEY Mon May 09 2011, 00:06

Hi Martin I thought you had gone hope your well.
Nice Engine,I think I have a manual for one of these I will have a look next week Smile
Jonesey
JONESEY
JONESEY
Admin

Back to top Go down

brownwall aircooled 1 1/2hp info wanted. Empty Re: brownwall aircooled 1 1/2hp info wanted.

Post by mike d Mon May 09 2011, 00:09

HI MARTIN....
thats a very nice engine....looks like you've been bizzy.
have you had a clear out now,last time i spoke to you you were selling a few,have you sorted them all..
sorry cant help with any info,just had to congratulate you on a great engine.
regards...mike..
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by squirrel Mon May 09 2011, 00:23

hello both of you... i have sold most of them all i got left is an amanco hired man and no.1 pump mounted on a trailer ( may sell that but dont know yet) and this brownwall but i am not going to sell it as i have been after one for a while.

jonesey .. let me know if you do...
squirrel
squirrel
Expert
Expert

http://www.bristolcherishedcars.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Mon May 09 2011, 01:09

thanks martin,now thats another job i will have to do,he cant find his socks in the morning
hes got loads of maids to do this for him,and still he cant find them,i think he does it on purpose so thay get on there hands and knees. Very Happy
not that old pump you got from Chris?thought you had sold it...

have you heard his lordship has moved to a bigger mansion now,the castle on the hill wasn't bid enough for him. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
regards...mike.
PS..please keep me posted on the johnny boy martin...
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09 2011, 12:07

Very nice engine, thanks for posting.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down