www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Villiers Marvil Query what is it for

2 posters

Go down

Villiers Marvil Query what is it for Empty Villiers Marvil Query what is it for

Post by donp Sun Jul 02 2023, 15:13

Villiers Marvil Query what is it for Marvil10
Villiers Marvil Query what is it for Marvil11

Villiers Marvil Query what is it for Marvil12

Hi all, these 2 Marvils were delivered to me yesterday, both are now running, but on the one in second photo this has me wondering what the item protruding from the crankcase to left of carburettor is meant to do, it is approx 1 inch long, and has a hole in bottom, hopefully the 3 rd photo shows it better, I have had Marvils in the past but have never had one with this item from crankcase.

Ideas, suggestion as to what it is for, 2 strokes rely on c/case pressure unless it is some sort of valve that if pressure is too great it opens to release some of it I just cannot think what else it could be for, of course it stays untouched till I find out more so will just clean around it.

Don
Will just mention wife was out, so sneaked it into kitchen for photos. before any comments.
donp
donp
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Villiers Marvil Query what is it for Empty Re: Villiers Marvil Query what is it for

Post by blue cat Wed Jul 05 2023, 19:11

Don, We've got 3 Marvil's with this particular feature. It appears to be a solid rod with a hemispherical groove cut into it, screwed into the crankcase and it does not push in. It is not connected to anything on any of our engines. I've no idea the function of it is, so perhaps best left alone and ignored.

blue cat
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Villiers Marvil Query what is it for Empty Re: Villiers Marvil Query what is it for

Post by donp Wed Jul 05 2023, 21:20

blue cat wrote:Don, We've got 3 Marvil's with this particular feature. It appears to be a solid rod with a hemispherical groove cut into it, screwed into the crankcase and it does not push in. It is not connected to anything on any of our engines. I've no idea the function of it is, so perhaps best left alone and ignored.

Thank you for reply blue cat, it had me foxed as to its purpose but now can get on with cleaning Marvil up as its a bit on scruffy side at the moment.

Don

donp
donp
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down