www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Lucas SR1 magneto base/mounting plate

4 posters

Go down

Lucas SR1  magneto base/mounting plate Empty Lucas SR1 magneto base/mounting plate

Post by 68jcb Sat Feb 12 2022, 22:13

I have a Lucas SR1 magneto that is in very good condition and I would like to put it on my Lister D, trouble is there is no base/mounting plate on the bottom to mount on my D. Does anyone have one that I could have/buy please or I have many Lister D spares that we could do a swap if needed???

68jcb
A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Lucas SR1  magneto base/mounting plate Empty Re: Lucas SR1 magneto base/mounting plate

Post by cranium Sun Feb 13 2022, 07:47

Try Andy Dry at Vintage Magnetos, Bristol; they hold much Lucas stock.
Eric

cranium
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Lucas SR1  magneto base/mounting plate Empty Re: Lucas SR1 magneto base/mounting plate

Post by 68jcb Sun Feb 13 2022, 11:11

Thank you, will send a message!

68jcb

Back to top Go down

Post by maryalice Sun Feb 13 2022, 13:02

I'm a little confused, to confirm my thoughts i've checked some pictures and the SR1 has the four threaded holes in its base.
Can you photograph your magneto.

Maryalice

maryalice
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 68jcb Sun Feb 13 2022, 13:26

Hi there, there's usually a steel plate that screws on the bottom of the magneto allowing you to use the listers bolt hole configuration. I have another SR mag on a D and that has the base plate on it.

Lucas SR1  magneto base/mounting plate Img_2210

68jcb

Back to top Go down

Post by maryalice Sun Feb 13 2022, 13:41

In all the years I've played with Lister D's, I have five, I've never seen that before but mine are earlier ones.

Maryalice

maryalice
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Foden Sun Feb 13 2022, 13:58

Yes the SR1 mags have a lower shaft height than the earlier RS1's and different bolt hole centres so need a spacer plate, I had to fit one on my first D Type as the previous owners (a local quarry) had simply perched it on four pieces of screwed rod.

Pete.

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down