www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

WICO A Magneto

3 posters

Go down

WICO A Magneto  Empty WICO A Magneto

Post by donp Tue Feb 08 2022, 11:13

Hi all, am wanting a WICO A magneto that will go straight onto a Norman T300   I have, but it MUST  be correct with the coupling to fit to the engine, can purchase it or I have a BTH MC2 AZ4 that is currently fitted to the engine but have just had it checked out by a magneto repair firm near me and it needs a rebuild as NO SPARK so a P EX  would be considered

If a magneto is not found either way mentioned as above the engine will be up for sale, either as one lump or will consider breaking it for parts, but this will not be done till I give time to see if a working magneto is found.

There are photos of the engine in Projects/ Restorations section if you would like to see what I have, it has been verified as a Marine version

PM me ONLY PLEASE for a talk.

UPDATE, 10/02/22, magneto now found a good friend of mine who lives approx. 40 miles from me has a very good sparking magneto that once coupling is swopped from mine to the one he has it will fit on with just a small bit of modification, so engine stays here. but thanks for ideas people.

Last edited by donp on Thu Feb 10 2022, 19:54; edited 2 times in total
donp
donp
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

WICO A Magneto  Empty Re: WICO A Magneto

Post by chrismac Tue Feb 08 2022, 17:15

When reading through your message I was thinking, this man is not messing here, its a replacement magneto or scrap!! I have not fitted battery and coil to a wico mag but have done it to a Lucas its easy to do and works a treat, how I did it I just quite cant remember how I did it,

I will have a go, my set up had on a car coil,  Negative from battery to engine frame, Positive from battery to coil spade connector, other spade connector into magneto points under cap (somewhere must be coil wire) then HT lead to plug,

If no one replies I will find a photo when I can.

Chris

chrismac
A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Post by blue cat Tue Feb 08 2022, 18:35

Don, there were more than 99 marine Norman T300's made.
Did you get the one down south ?

Chris, a bit more complicated on the Norman T300 as it is a twin cylinder engine.

blue cat
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

WICO A Magneto  Empty rerply

Post by donp Tue Feb 08 2022, 19:24

Sorry blue cat misunderstood the details you gave me have altered thread, no did not get it got an answer from person you suggested but the B I N had been taken by the time I got in touch with the owner,  so its onwards  with the one I have just been told where there is a working mag same as I have, a  friend of mine a well known person in engine world is checking it out tomorrow as far as condition

Well here is an update, collected this working magneto yesterday Friday 11th, changed the drive coupling fitted it and it give you a good belt if you are not careful what you keep hold of when turning engine over.

Last edited by donp on Sat Feb 12 2022, 22:23; edited 1 time in total
donp
donp
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by chrismac Tue Feb 08 2022, 21:46

blue cat wrote:Don, there were more than 99 marine Norman T300's made.
Did you get the one down south ?

Chris, a bit more complicated on the Norman T300 as it is a twin cylinder engine.

So I see, went and did a google search and did not realise the magneto was set up like that, I used this on a coventry climax engine thinking I have the twin part covered,

Chris

chrismac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down