www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Chalmers Edina Pump Set

3 posters

Go down

Chalmers Edina Pump Set Empty Chalmers Edina Pump Set

Post by themotman Thu Aug 14 2014, 22:28

Hi everyone i have been asked to bid on a Chalmers Edina gear driven pump set 2.5 hp early 1940s i would think,has been painted and was in good running order when left hidden in a scrap yard 12 years ago.A understand this is a Bradford engine but cannot find a mention or picture of a pump set by either maker to base a bid on.Any thoughts or info anyone would be great   Steve

themotman

Back to top Go down

Chalmers Edina Pump Set Empty Re: Chalmers Edina Pump Set

Post by StewartH Fri Aug 15 2014, 10:48

Hello Squire - the only info I can get is from http://www.gracesguide.co.uk/Chalmers-Edina where they state the majority of engines were brought in and packaged as their own - so you could be looking at a Bradford Gas Engine Co of the UK (although they have a USA connection as well) and Bradford were known to have built engines for Amanco, Ogle, Avon, Walsh and Clark, Chalmers-Edina and others ...

So in terms of bidding - you could have a rare beast so a few hundrwed pounds might be in order - perhaps close to £800 if i was to hazard a guess if in good condition....

p.s I have no idea of the engine you are bidding on so I'm not trying to get you to raise your bid Smile

Best

Hamish
StewartH
StewartH
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by blue cat Fri Aug 15 2014, 19:25

For a Bradford badged Chalmers Edina pump set as you describe the maximum value would be around £500 in good condition. If its been left outside for 12 years then the mag (probably a Wico EK) will be nacked so knock off £150-200 to repair that. If the scrapyard has a well known dark beer in its name you will not get anything cheap from them.

blue cat
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down