www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Stuart Water Pump

3 posters

Go down

Stuart Water Pump Empty Stuart Water Pump

Post by donp Wed May 05 2021, 08:51

Hi all, due to a plan change this Stuart Water Pump model   A4 E14 is at my home still and it is now for sale, more information on the pump and what was done to the inner workings of it are in the " pumps and engine driven equipment section"  so do not think there is a need to put any more photos in this thread other than one of the pump as it is now.

Pump had New gaskets made and fitted, New valve seals made and fitted, valve seats refaced, New piston rod graphite packing fitted,  the piston cups had gone hard through pump standing a good while, these were soaked till they were flexible and refitted, also put in new oil so just couple it up and away it will go

Mate and me had it pumping great but as I did not have a flat belt for to drive it he had to tension the vee belt we used  but as said it worked great,  am looking at £100 for it or very very close offer, but MUST be collect,   PM me to talk please.
The Stuart pump is now with its owner as I needed the space that it was using on my work bench for the engine I collected today, it is still for sale but can now be collected from Richmond in Nth Yorkshire, but it can still be arranged to get it to me if that is better for any person that is more northern that the Yorks area.

DonStuart Water Pump Rebuil13

Last edited by donp on Tue May 11 2021, 20:29; edited 2 times in total
donp
donp
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Stuart Water Pump Empty Re: Stuart Water Pump

Post by Garak Wed May 05 2021, 15:49

Well done bringing this back to life cheers
Garak
Garak
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Stuart Water Pump Empty Pump

Post by donp Wed May 05 2021, 16:02

Thank you for comment Martyn, your help with this was invaluable, thought about keeping it myself, but do not have an engine with a flat pulley to take a flat belt from to pump and no matter what I tried the vee belt just refused to stay on pump wheel, but pump was just on garage floor not on any wood frame of any sorts.

Don
donp
donp
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Garak Wed May 05 2021, 16:12

donp wrote:Thank you for comment Martyn, your help with this was invaluable, thought about keeping it myself, but do not have an engine with a flat pulley to take a flat belt from to pump and no matter what I tried the vee belt  just refused to stay on pump wheel, but pump was just on garage floor not on any wood frame of any sorts.

Don

Will work much better with a flat belt. These would have been driven originally by a top mounted electric motor with a v pulley, the close proximity of the motor and the flat pulley helps the v belt stay put, also in that configuration there is no movement between the drive and the pump.

This is a Stuart pump with it's original Stuart electric motor I owned a while ago.

Stuart Water Pump Untit334
Garak
Garak
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by StuartTurnerSteve Wed May 05 2021, 20:13

Can be done Don, here is mine run off a Vee belt. (and a wobbly pulley Embarassed )

StuartTurnerSteve
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down