www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

lister a junior carb issue i think

3 posters

Go down

lister a junior carb issue i think Empty lister a junior carb issue i think

Post by james d type Thu Jan 02 2014, 18:34

hi all.i have a lister A junior a29 spec.spent the last few months giving her a good make over.came to start it for the first time today and petrol started to drip from between the back of the carb and the carb flange.im sort of scratching my head a bit if its something i have done incorrectly.i took the carb off and just to check the carb flange was the right way and it was.the engine fired a couple of times then its getting flooded.im sort of a novice to these old engines and normaly like to work these niggles out myself but im sort of stuck.i think i have the engine timed up correctly.i would be very gratefull if anyone has any suggestions on what i may or may not have done wrong.many thanks james
james d type
james d type

http://jamesbonam@yahoo.co.uk

Back to top Go down

lister a junior carb issue i think Empty Re: lister a junior carb issue i think

Post by matt86 Thu Jan 02 2014, 18:45

james d type wrote:hi all.i have a lister A junior a29 spec.spent the last few months giving her a good make over.came to start it for the first time today and petrol started to drip from between the back of the carb and the carb flange.im sort of scratching my head a bit if its something i have done incorrectly.i took the carb off and just to check the carb flange was the right way and it was.the engine fired a couple of times then its getting flooded.im sort of a novice to these old engines and normaly like to work these niggles out myself but im sort of stuck.i think i have the engine timed up correctly.i would be very gratefull if anyone has any suggestions on what i may or may not have done wrong.many thanks james

if you unscrew the small screw in the hand wheel , and screw the needle all way in (down) put screw back in you should be able to open it not quite 1 full turn .

matt

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by james d type Thu Jan 02 2014, 18:51

thanks for your help.i will have a go at that tomorrow.
james d type
james d type

Back to top Go down

Post by Appletop Thu Jan 02 2014, 20:12

I reckon you have the petrol height yo high in the carb or you could be flooding it with to much choke when trying to start it. Did you remove the brass "nuts" from the bottom of the carb when you stripped it down and have you got the hand wheel closed when you try starting it?
Appletop
Appletop
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by james d type Thu Jan 02 2014, 20:37

hi.i had the hand wheel half closed when i was trying to start it and i didnt remove the brass nuts as they were being a bit stubbon so i left them a lone.i didnt want to do any damage.but the fuel height mite be a bit high from what i have been reading.at least ive got a couple of different things to try tomorrow.thanks for your help.james
james d type
james d type

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down