www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol paraffin under the spanners

+13
Smitty
Abes
A Lister
blackvanman
ells engines
steve w
billypurves
nutgone
Ianhw77k
JONESEY
ian webb
DanBoy
matt86
17 posters

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol paraffin  under the spanners - Page 5 Empty Re: amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol paraffin under the spanners

Post by steve w Fri Jan 04 2013, 07:51

Thankd for the reply Kev. the engine looks great, i see your not to far from me so maybe i might see it at a local rally running one day, steve.
steve w
steve w
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol paraffin  under the spanners - Page 5 Empty Re: amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol paraffin under the spanners

Post by billypurves Fri Jan 04 2013, 12:28

Kev, Whats a valve/igniter throttle bracket?
billypurves
billypurves
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 04 2013, 13:19

Looking good Kev but how you going to get her off the bench Laughing Laughing Laughing

Looking forward now to the video as she must be running a lot better now after all the work you've put into it.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Fri Jan 04 2013, 14:32

steve w wrote:Thankd for the reply Kev. the engine looks great, i see your not to far from me so maybe i might see it at a local rally running one day, steve.
with out a doubt mate we will cross our paths over the coming season mate
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by steve w Fri Jan 04 2013, 15:04

stationary stu wrote:Looking good Kev but how you going to get her off the bench Laughing Laughing Laughing

Looking forward now to the video as she must be running a lot better now after all the work you've put into it.

Stu.

Stu, more worrying is whats kev got the tv on now Very Happy
steve w
steve w
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Fri Jan 04 2013, 17:41

steve w wrote:
stationary stu wrote:Looking good Kev but how you going to get her off the bench Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stu.

Stu, more worrying is whats kev got the tv on now Very Happy
stu and steve
new 38" philips mahogany framed tv and matching stand
the old tv stand works great as a mobile bench and has shelves for parts too

kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Fri Jan 11 2013, 17:48

well still waiting for the micas to finish the ignitor
but been busy and figured out what i want the trolley set up like
so just been and payed for £50.00 worth of american ash cut down and plained to lenghts ready for me to cut and cock up Very Happy Very Happy
then will need to get the bolts screws and axles converted to what i need
"then were rolling" Very Happy Very Happy
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 12 2013, 12:30

Ouch that's a big chunk out of your pocket money Kev, yet I'm sure it will be worth it. Are you just sealing the wood and not staining it (I hope) Very Happy Have you got a copy of the plans now Kev or have you managed to find out the sizes etc?

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Sat Jan 12 2013, 17:29

stationary stu wrote:Ouch that's a big chunk out of your pocket money Kev, yet I'm sure it will be worth it. Are you just sealing the wood and not staining it (I hope) Very Happy Have you got a copy of the plans now Kev or have you managed to find out the sizes etc?

Stu.

stu
ive a job again , maybe for only a month or more if im up to spec ,so giving it me all and wait the out come
the wood will just be yacht clear varished just to make it last longer me thinking
well its an engine worth the wood me thinks ,old pallets and off cuts of soft wood wont be doing this engine any justice
so spending the money Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad and hope it will last and look good too ,and the engine and trolley will be having american roots to them Very Happy Very Happy
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by blackvanman Sat Jan 12 2013, 17:40

kevjhnsn wrote:
stationary stu wrote:Ouch that's a big chunk out of your pocket money Kev, yet I'm sure it will be worth it. Are you just sealing the wood and not staining it (I hope) Very Happy Have you got a copy of the plans now Kev or have you managed to find out the sizes etc?

Stu.

stu
ive a job again , maybe for only a month or more if im up to spec ,so giving it me all and wait the out come
the wood will just be yacht clear varished just to make it last longer me thinking
well its an engine worth the wood me thinks ,old pallets and off cuts of soft wood wont be doing this engine any justice
so spending the money Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad and hope it will last and look good too ,and the engine and trolley will be having american roots to them Very Happy Very Happy
kev

great news re the job kev, hope it all works out for you Smile

They say if you can pee you can paint, my mother always said my aim in that department was crap.
blackvanman
blackvanman
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Sat Jan 12 2013, 17:42

me to mate, me to
doing what i can
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13 2013, 13:14

Great news on the job front, fingers crossed it all works out for you and maybe help find something more perminant.
I'm sure the wood will set the engine off a lot better then (as you say scrap wood LOL)

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Tue Jan 22 2013, 20:31

well the trolley is under work for about a week now
wood sanded and cut for main frame
drilling and bolting has started
amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol paraffin  under the spanners - Page 5 P1901110
wood as i came
amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol paraffin  under the spanners - Page 5 P1901111
sanded
amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol paraffin  under the spanners - Page 5 P1901112
squaring up andclamping together on a flat bourd surface
amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol paraffin  under the spanners - Page 5 P1901113
clamped and drilling and bolting under way
amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol paraffin  under the spanners - Page 5 P1901114
and this is were were at to this time just working out the steering axle mounting and securing before fiting the rear axle
we dont want it on the angle in a flat surface now do we Very Happy Very Happy
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23 2013, 12:04

That's a cracking bit of wood and nice sanding job it should look great with the engine sat on it.
Just goes to show what you can do with old pallets LOL.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Thu Jan 24 2013, 01:01

stationary stu wrote:That's a cracking bit of wood and nice sanding job it should look great with the engine sat on it.
Just goes to show what you can do with old pallets LOL.

Stu.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Very Happy Very Happy pallet wood indead mr bailey Very Happy Very Happy Shocked Shocked Shocked
just you wait lol
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by steve w Thu Jan 24 2013, 08:38

thats a nice bit of wood, - what bolts did you use are they coach bolts?
steve w
steve w
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Thu Jan 24 2013, 09:12

Nice bit of Ash there Kev ,

always like ash imo , im not sure what to use for the fairbanks .... tempted a bit of mahogany

Matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 24 2013, 11:43

kevjhnsn wrote:
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Very Happy Very Happy pallet wood indead mr bailey Very Happy Very Happy Shocked Shocked Shocked
just you wait lol
kev

Well at least you never used the blue pallets lol! lol! lol!

I'm going to use Rubber tree for my next engine as it has a bit of a vibration on it lol! lol! lol!

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Thu Jan 24 2013, 18:58

steve w wrote:thats a nice bit of wood, - what bolts did you use are they coach bolts?

steve
yes they are and long ones to pleanty of bite for them
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Thu Jan 24 2013, 19:04

matt86 wrote:Nice bit of Ash there Kev ,

always like ash imo , im not sure what to use for the fairbanks .... tempted a bit of mahogany

Matt
matt
fairbanks to me always look best on a dark timber to me anyways
ive a email som were and the sales info he sent me ,said fairbanks were on steel cast trolley mounted, maybe wrong but that was many yrs back when they were doing that,

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Sun Feb 03 2013, 00:10

we as i said in earlyer post
the mica washers and tubes had arrived Very Happy Very Happy
so the last 2 nights ive been messing with the ignitor fitting and machining the mica tube for the static contact
and shimming up for a good match up to the moving contact
its now all back together and fitted back onto the engine Very Happy Very Happy
and now the engine has so much compression its a fight to get over the topdead point Very Happy Very Happy
well and truely impressed with the extra compression she now has ,as it was good before
so just needing to finish trolley ,exhurst steel 1" bsp thread tube at 14-16" long
get that casting welded or just find another as dads taking to piss out a me as usual 7 mnths now been waiting Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
the bolt it to the trolley and plumb back up the fuel system
add the box of sparks and wiring
then see what were up to then "trottle guverioring is what i want to be at" Smile
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 03 2013, 12:46

I have to admit this engine has took you some time to get right Kev, yet I know it will be worth every second spent on it. So fingers crossed you should have her on it's trolley, up and running ready for the start of the season, next month so not much time left Laughing Laughing Laughing

Good luck Kev and I hope it's not too much of a headache to get the rest of the parts sorted.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Sun Feb 03 2013, 17:39

stationary stu wrote:I have to admit this engine has took you some time to get right Kev, yet I know it will be worth every second spent on it. So fingers crossed you should have her on it's trolley, up and running ready for the start of the season, next month so not much time left Laughing Laughing Laughing

Good luck Kev and I hope it's not too much of a headache to get the rest of the parts sorted.

Stu.
stu
fingers crossed stu, fingers crossed mate
the rally season has soon come arround again this year
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lister Mon Feb 04 2013, 10:39

Sounds like the Amanco is coming along nicely Kev, I'll look forward to seeing it at some of the rallies round here when it's finished... oh, and some photos of it on the Forum too! Smile

A true Stationary engine owner
A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Mon Feb 04 2013, 18:38

A Lister wrote:Sounds like the Amanco is coming along nicely Kev, I'll look forward to seeing it at some of the rallies round here when it's finished... oh, and some photos of it on the Forum too! Smile

why not pop around for a preview mate were only 3 miles away from each other Very Happy Very Happy
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next